RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Sep 28, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #3,571 of 3,674
Did you recover from illness ("back from the dead")? If so, I hope you're healthy and doing well again.
We are very much interested in your inspiring input!
Naw no illnesses, just a temporary death of all interest (mostly as a result of the Kr5 being the beast that it is).

I have misplaced my Xe6 and Aeneid... I've narrowed down where it might be to like 3 countries lol, so far no luck finding it :frowning2: A12t and A18t have gotten boring so I am literally down to a single IEM, the Kr5

Feel free to start a charity for me guys, audiophiles with one set of IEMs

Sep 28, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #3,573 of 3,674
Supermoon seems to be all the hype now
I tried it at the High End Munich. I like the Trifecta though I found it a bit edgy and weird (quite positive overall though). The Supermoon on the other hand I did not like at all, put it down after a minute or so because it did nothing that I enjoyed even a little bit. Considering that the unit was broken or something, it's just so far off all the other impressions

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #3,574 of 3,674
I tried it at the High End Munich. I like the Trifecta though I found it a bit edgy and weird (quite positive overall though). The Supermoon on the other hand I did not like at all, put it down after a minute or so because it did nothing that I enjoyed even a little bit. Considering that the unit was broken or something, it's just so far off all the other impressions

Regarding Trifecta I only have my short listening impressions at the Highend in Munich at my disposal as well. Will ask my dealer if/when he can make Trifecta available for me as test sample.

So far I use my Kr5 and ANIMA the most.

What do you think about the MEST Indigo, which receives a lot approval and praise?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #3,575 of 3,674
Regarding Trifecta I only have my short listening impressions at the Highend in Munich at my disposal as well. Will ask my dealer if/when he can make Trifecta available for me as test sample.

So far I use my Kr5 and ANIMA the most.

What do you think about the MEST Indigo, which receives a lot approval and praise?
I had the Mest Mk2, I haven't owned the Indigo personally. I really liked the MEST 2, but for my preferences I found that the FuSang was sort of the upgraded version of the MEST 2. They have some differences that could make you like one or the other better, but all around - I'd say that they're reasonably similar.

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #3,576 of 3,674
Sep 28, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #3,577 of 3,674

It's very sensitive to tips and (especially) sources. Curious to hear if your impressions change pending further demos.

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #3,579 of 3,674
It's very sensitive to tips and (especially) sources. Curious to hear if your impressions change pending further demos.
I need to check if the store in Spain has a demo unit. They don't deal in CIEMs usually, I think the Supermoon is only offered as a custom?

@mvvRAZ have you tried the liquid links venom cable by any chance?
I have not, but the impressions from SoCal said it's one gorgeous gorgeous cable. Would like to try it. Might be purchasing the ET Laura soon if I find an IEM to buy

It really, really hurts

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #3,580 of 3,674
I need to check if the store in Spain has a demo unit. They don't deal in CIEMs usually, I think the Supermoon is only offered as a custom?

Officially yes though there are rumours of a universal being available eventually...or the option of ordering a custom with a universal shell design. Right now I don't think they have the capacity to meet the market demand for a universal release.

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #3,581 of 3,674
I have not, but the impressions from SoCal said it's one gorgeous gorgeous cable. Would like to try it. Might be purchasing the ET Laura soon if I find an IEM to buy
Yeah, personally got it just for the looks, first time hearing it I was blown away, never experienced a cable improving sound THIS much. (altho I've yet to try iliad and just eletech high end and the likes.. then again the price difference between venom and the more famous cables is absurd so I doubt I ever will)

Sep 28, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #3,582 of 3,674
I've moved away from DAPs for the most part, they're too inconvenient for my current use case - PAW S2 and apple dongle all the way
Could you please tell me more about Paw S2 with Elysium/Kr5 ?

Sep 28, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #3,583 of 3,674
Could you please tell me more about Paw S2 with Elysium/Kr5 ?
No idea about Elysium. I've actually put that in a small Amazon display stand to commemorate its retirement.

Insane with Kr5 and Xe6. Neutral, with punchy, fast bass, a hint of added treble, great dynamics, everything I really need. It's no N8II obviously but the Kr5 is so low maintenance when it comes to sources that I don't feel like I'm missing the Cayin

Sep 28, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #3,584 of 3,674
No idea about Elysium. I've actually put that in a small Amazon display stand to commemorate its retirement.

Insane with Kr5 and Xe6. Neutral, with punchy, fast bass, a hint of added treble, great dynamics, everything I really need. It's no N8II obviously but the Kr5 is so low maintenance when it comes to sources that I don't feel like I'm missing the Cayin

IEMS that “scale down” are so under appreciated in this hobby I feel. I’ll take stuff like 5/6 all day that can sound well from anything over my Jewel which I feel needs a good source to shine.

Sep 28, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #3,585 of 3,674
IEMS that “scale down” are so under appreciated in this hobby I feel. I’ll take stuff like 5/6 all day that can sound well from anything over my Jewel which I feel needs a good source to shine.
100%. Almost pulled the trigger on the Storm today (pre-order) but apparently it's very hard to drive so I ended up passing and waiting for something a little friendlier in that respect

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back