RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Aug 1, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #3,557 of 3,674
Good to finally meet you mate!

On first listen the GT600 really stood out as a great IEM, I then went away and tried it again later on Sunday and it seemed as if something was 'off' in the presentation. heard it as W shaped on first listen and more mid bass than say the Elysian X for sure, but I think you may have captured some of the problems in that presentation.

Need more time with the iem I think!
Nice to meet you too!

I was looking forward to hearing the GT600 and grabbed the opportunity when I saw a free seat at the Jomo stand. I used their supplied tips and also swapped them for some Symbio F that I had with me. Both gave the same result though. As a few others seem to really like it then perhaps the GT600 is simply not for me.

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #3,558 of 3,674
Ha there you go! I suspect CIEM would be the only answer...... :p

If it helps anybody understand my comments about the GT600 in the CanJam London 2022 preview video, it's worth noting that those were based on my advance CIEM version of the GT600. :slight_smile:

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #3,559 of 3,674
If it helps anybody understand my comments about the GT600 in the CanJam London 2022 preview video, it's worth noting that those were based on my advance CIEM version of the GT600. :slight_smile:
Do you think there could be a noticeable difference between the CIEM version and the Universal?

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #3,560 of 3,674
As I've understood the Jomo GT600 will come as universal only.
At Jomo CIEM and UIEM are presented as separate product series.

Oh sorry, but noticed that you mentioned your advance version which was a CIEM.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #3,561 of 3,674
Do you think there could be a noticeable difference between the CIEM version and the Universal?

That's hard to say because I don't have a universal GT600 here to compare it to? 🤔 That said, I think that a custom would eliminate signature inconsistencies due to fit/seal, which does seem to be an issue based on everybody's impressions above.

I can tell you that, with my custom, the bass is very much inline with what @skedra said: "nearly perfect, punchy, fast, present." If fact, if I'm honest, it was at times a bit much for me, as historically I tend to have strong leanings towards more neutral signatures.

I would agree with your impressions about sub-bass though. I found it ample, certainly enough rumble as to not be considered too lacking, but not seismic by any means.

Lol, yeah. :joy: It may be a UIEM on the site, but I'm sure Jomo would honor any CIEM requests as evidenced by my unit.

A3323E5C-606C-4E92-9D3D-13F02B3F871A.jpeg

Though it was an advance unit, I can say that it's final production tuning for sure.

FYI, I asked Jomo to make a CIEM for me as I tend to have issues with universal fits. For better or for worse, my skin is a bit sensitive around my pinnae. As a result, prolonged usage with tips tends to cause irritation, whereas I find customs' shape conformity to be more easy going in that respect.

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #3,562 of 3,674

Confirmed with them at the show that they will come as CIEM and as UIEM

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #3,565 of 3,674
hiby rs8 seems promising :)
I've moved away from DAPs for the most part, they're too inconvenient for my current use case - PAW S2 and apple dongle all the way

Mostly looking at a new set of IEMs... between Ragnar, Mentor and just praying 64 comes up with something

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #3,566 of 3,674
I've moved away from DAPs for the most part, they're too inconvenient for my current use case - PAW S2 and apple dongle all the way

Mostly looking at a new set of IEMs... between Ragnar, Mentor and just praying 64 comes up with something
feel you there, sent my r2r2000 to get modded but once you find a device that's tiny and delivers good SQ, it's so hard to go back to standard daps.

in 10 years I'm sure we'll have a dongle surpassing the rs8 anyways haha.

as for iems, plunge audio released their first uni model, 4 ba, about 650usd, if it interests you :) the model is specifically for musicians, soon there'll be a 4ba 1dd for audiophiles.

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #3,567 of 3,674
feel you there, sent my r2r2000 to get modded but once you find a device that's tiny and delivers good SQ, it's so hard to go back to standard daps.

in 10 years I'm sure we'll have a dongle surpassing the rs8 anyways haha.

as for iems, plunge audio released their first uni model, 4 ba, about 650usd, if it interests you :) the model is specifically for musicians, soon there'll be a 4ba 1dd for audiophiles.
I'm looking at the higher end... Ahmed from Elise mentioned the Storm and that's looking pretty good too, we might have a winner there..

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #3,568 of 3,674

EE just announced a new flagship , will be a limited sale only 600 sets sold with A&K

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #3,569 of 3,674
EE just announced a new flagship , will be a limited sale only 600 sets sold with A&K
Definitely not EE, I dislike their midrange tuning and straight up can't stand their treble tuning and quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back