RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Apr 1, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #1,847 of 3,674
Actually looking at their Instagram post it almost comes off as too professional to be April fools, lol.

67520020-8EBB-4341-9043-71C35FE6CE09.jpegC746BBF7-ACE4-4DAB-BACE-18F84C1D9C80.jpeg
It occurred to me that perhaps one of the three is the actual release and the other two are just the April Fools joke. No doubt Balmung is on the way and I know Joseph has been stuck in the lab for months now, so something is coming for sure. (I understand Jomo is coming back too.) However, one thing I noticed is that the driver chassis appears to have a dynamic driver on the back, which of course is not the case with Balmung, as it is BA only.

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #1,848 of 3,674
It occurred to me that perhaps one of the three is the actual release and the other two are just the April Fools joke. No doubt Balmung is on the way and I know Joseph has been stuck in the lab for months now, so something is coming for sure. (I understand Jomo is coming back too.) However, one thing I noticed is that the driver chassis appears to have a dynamic driver on the back, which of course is not the case with Balmung, as it is BA only.
Yep AFAIK there’s definitely a balmung on the way, and the thing is - all three designs are quite in line with MMR design philosophy

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #1,849 of 3,674
At least, something new is coming, I believe :slight_smile:
Untitled.jpg

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #1,852 of 3,674
The fact that Joseph can design something unusual enough to be considered an April Fool's joke or legit in equal measure really highlights for me that he's pushing innovation in a way few can match. Really looking forward to seeing this (my money is on real, by the way)

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #1,853 of 3,674
The fact that Joseph can design something unusual enough to be considered an April Fool's joke or legit in equal measure really highlights for me that he's pushing innovation in a way few can match. Really looking forward to seeing this (my money is on real, by the way)
Agree! My newly-acquired Sultan will be happy to have a new partner. The same for MMR's little brother Gae Bolg. I am curious to see if the two MMR will be complementary to each other in some way. :)

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #1,854 of 3,674
I am breaking in my new Sultan as well. Played a bit with tips, and with the stock 8-wire 3.5mm cable, I preferred the (L) foam tips - compared to the silicone, or my go-to Azla or Spin-Fits (too much bass)! With the Foam tips, the bass sings and the pitches of the notes played on electric or upright basses are quite melodic. I've also started using a Triton Audio (probably spc) cable, made with really good connectos (4.4mm terminated, and it throws a larger more illuminated soundstage, and allows me to use the smoky-white Azla tips without bass being a bit too much...

I've ordered the Acoustune tips at @mvvRAZ recommends- but in the meantime, I am curious about cable recommendations for these bad boys. I do not like to swap out 2-pin cables too many times, as it scares me a little bit-not becasue i think these are particularly fragile, but if I break 'em, I am probably not dsxtrous enough to fix them myself.... Hence my soliciting suggestions. I like the Sultans so far (both with the P6Pro and the iBasso DX300.) Will try the 2000cu later on.

Party on Wayne!

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,855 of 3,674
I am breaking in my new Sultan as well. Played a bit with tips, and with the stock 8-wire 3.5mm cable, I preferred the (L) foam tips - compared to the silicone, or my go-to Azla or Spin-Fits (too much bass)! With the Foam tips, the bass sings and the pitches of the notes played on electric or upright basses are quite melodic. I've also started using a Triton Audio (probably spc) cable, made with really good connectos (4.4mm terminated, and it throws a larger more illuminated soundstage, and allows me to use the smoky-white Azla tips without bass being a bit too much...

I've ordered the Acoustune tips at @mvvRAZ recommends- but in the meantime, I am curious about cable recommendations for these bad boys. I do not like to swap out 2-pin cables too many times, as it scares me a little bit-not becasue i think these are particularly fragile, but if I break 'em, I am probably not dsxtrous enough to fix them myself.... Hence my soliciting suggestions. I like the Sultans so far (both with the P6Pro and the iBasso DX300.) Will try the 2000cu later on.

Party on Wayne!
If you ask me or Michael @mvvRAZ , I am sure we will both recommend Eletech cables to you! I use Eletech Iliad with Sultan and I believe Michael uses Eletech Plato.

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #1,856 of 3,674
A4D77DD9-8A10-4F42-8C3C-0F93FF8C08E6.jpeg
8E4F8F25-33E8-4E69-9C30-F8B8F2AFE340.jpeg
015D8302-F08D-42CF-90B6-70076B6CA1D4.jpeg
8456E01B-1E52-4298-88F7-01E7BCF24EE8.jpeg

【 Modular Driver System - #Balmung 】

Introducing, the much anticipated development within the famed MMR "Metal Series" - "Balmung!"

Featuring an all new design philosophy, the Balmung offers massive versatility with a user interchangeable chassis that allows for drivers module to be swapped to different chassis for different sound tuning and aesthetics preferences.

Balmung comes shipped with 3 different Chassis, each bringing forth a different tuning albeit using the same driver module as well as a complete overhaul in aesthetics experience!

Opening up options for future custom designed chassis and sound chambers, the Balmung offers infinite possibilities!

Specifications:

- 10 Custom Tuned Balanced Armature Drivers Configuration
- 4 Tweeter, 2 Vented Mid-High, 2 Mids, 2 Vented Lows
- 4-Way Passive Electro Frequency Division
- Balmung Exclusive Acoustic Chamber™

Apr 2, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #1,857 of 3,674
Am I the only one that finds the new classifieds to be a major downgrade? There are so many inconveniences around it I’m not even sure where to get started... I absolutely hate it :frowning2:

Apr 2, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #1,858 of 3,674
Am I the only one that finds the new classifieds to be a major downgrade? There are so many inconveniences around it I’m not even sure where to get started... I absolutely hate it :frowning2:
Change for the sake of change. Wonder why they touched it. I use Devbrada anyway.

Apr 2, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #1,859 of 3,674
Change for the sake of change. Wonder why they touched it. I use Devbrada anyway.
I use Dev when I’m looking for something specific, usually I like just scrolling them in case there’s something nice, but selling with this system is absolutely terrible too - I can only bump once every 3 days or something, and I can’t bump by dropping the price

I don’t have an eBay account but ugh I might have to make one because of this

Apr 2, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #1,860 of 3,674
I just saw the @mvvRAZ ranking spreadsheet. EE Odin tier IV? Seriously? That's an extreme outlier. It must have hit all of his negative spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back