Rank the IEM's you've heard
Aug 24, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #4,906 of 5,135
Ey, you have the Crimson! How it is?
It’s great! It’s a Helios with better bass, resolution, imaging, and dynamics. Slightly more forward mids. 2nd best staging I've ever heard (1st is IER-Z1R).

The treble can get slightly tizzy depending on the tips/source/ears but it’s nothing that can’t be solved with tip-rolling.

IMO it’s the new $1600 benchmark.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #4,910 of 5,135
Haven't been in IEMs long enough, some of these I don't own, only had a demo, but here's my list:

1- Sony IER-M9 / IER-Z1R
2- Empire Ears Legend X
3- 64 U12T
4- Sennheiser IE900
5- Sony XBA-Z5

Aug 25, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #4,911 of 5,135
It’s great! It’s a Helios with better bass, resolution, imaging, and dynamics. Slightly more forward mids.

The treble can get slightly tizzy depending on the tips/source/ears but it’s nothing that can’t be solved with tip-rolling.

Have you heard the Mest MKIII? Be curious on a comparison.

Aug 25, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #4,913 of 5,135
It’s great! It’s a Helios with better bass, resolution, imaging, and dynamics. Slightly more forward mids. 2nd best staging I've ever heard (1st is IER-Z1R).

Would love to pick your brain on comparisons with the U4s. I really love it, it fixed some of issues I had with the U12t. Would you look at both as different enough to warrant keeping them both for flavor?

Also -slightly- worried about thin/lean midbass, would these come across as more lean then U4s? Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone knows what the config of these are yet, but how would you compare their bass quality to U12t & U4s?

Aug 25, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #4,914 of 5,135
Would love to pick your brain on comparisons with the U4s. I really love it, it fixed some of issues I had with the U12t. Would you look at both as different enough to warrant keeping them both for flavor?

Also -slightly- worried about thin/lean midbass, would these come across as more lean then U4s? Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone knows what the config of these are yet, but how would you compare their bass quality to U12t & U4s?
So Crimson vs. U4s comparisons, correct?

The U4s has a more agreeable tuning and a neutral-sweet tonality. The Crimson's tuning is more U-shaped with an elevated bass/treble and its tonality is more neutral-warm. The Crimson's treble can be a bit harsh to some people (tip-rolling to the rescue).

The U4s is no slouch, but the Crimson is more dynamic, resolves better, images better, and has a much larger soundstage. It's more similar to the U12t technicalities-wise than it is to the U4s.

Would you look at both as different enough to warrant keeping them both for flavor?
Yes. Crimson and U4s are different enough to keep both as complimentary pairs.

Also -slightly- worried about thin/lean midbass, would these come across as more lean then U4s?
The OG Helios had thin mid-bass (to some). The Crimson's is elevated. If you go to my squig site, smirk.squig.link, I uploaded Crimson's FR. You can compare it to the Helios and Helios SE's bass. I don't think the Crimson's bass shouldn't come across as more lean than the U4s' by any measure.

but how would you compare their bass quality to U12t & U4s?
The bass quality on the Crimson is better than both the U12t and the U4s IMO. The Crimson's bass is more textured than both and has better decay than the U12t's bass. It's really satisfying.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #4,915 of 5,135
So Crimson vs. U4s comparisons, correct?

The U4s has a more agreeable tuning and a neutral-sweet tonality. The Crimson's tuning is more U-shaped with an elevated bass/treble and its tonality is more neutral-warm. The Crimson's treble can be a bit harsh to some people (tip-rolling to the rescue).

The U4s is no slouch, but the Crimson is more dynamic, resolves better, images better, and has a much larger soundstage. It's more similar to the U12t technicalities-wise than it is to the U4s.

Yes. Crimson and U4s are different enough to keep both as complimentary pairs.

The OG Helios had thin mid-bass (to some). The Crimson's is elevated. If you go to my squig site, smirk.squig.link, I uploaded Crimson's FR. You can compare it to the Helios and Helios SE's bass. I don't think the Crimson's bass shouldn't come across as more lean than the U4s' by any measure.

The bass quality on the Crimson is better than both the U12t and the U4s IMO. The Crimson's bass is more textured than both and has better decay than the U12t's bass. It's really satisfying.
Thanks so much! Got me really excited to receive them!

Aug 25, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #4,916 of 5,135
They’re really good! Fair warning about the treble though if you’re mid/upper-treble sensitive. Nothing you can’t manage with tip-rolling.

Aug 26, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #4,917 of 5,135
They’re really good! Fair warning about the treble though if you’re mid/upper-treble sensitive. Nothing you can’t manage with tip-rollin
How's it compare to Annihilator? Which one has better technicality in terms of resolution, imaging and Soundstage? Bass, mid and treble?

Aug 26, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #4,918 of 5,135
How's it compare to Annihilator? Which one has better technicality in terms of resolution, imaging and Soundstage? Bass, mid and treble?
Bass: Crimson
Mids: Anni (slightly)
Treble: Anni
Resolution: Anni
Imaging: Crimson
Dynamics: Same

Aug 26, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #4,920 of 5,135

could you please discuss questions in each manufacturer threads or anywhere where discussions are wanted?
it is anoying to recieve mails about this thread but instead of a new listing you only see blablabla
sorry, it really got worse the last couple of months.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back