Rank the IEM's you've heard
May 25, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #1,457 of 5,133
New list:
1. U18t (a whole other level)
2. Samba( They are not my taste, but SQ wise, truely outstanding)
3. Rhines State 7( If Samba is the king of V shape, I would rank Stage 7 as the king of laid back)
4. Sem-9 ( very similar to Stage 7 but less forward in the mid range, very airy treble and deep sound stage, fast and fun tune)
5. Solar ( Metal King, no questions, even better than U18t, but only in this specific genre, they are ideal for almost all kinds of metal, stunning bass, not as deep and fast as Samba tho, but Samba’s treble is too sharp for metal genres)
6. Xelento(if you need a dynamic iem, that’s it, I mean just like T1s, you can’t find any significant downside of them, very mature tuning, and this may be a downside)
7. Galaxy V2 ( huge sound but a little bit harsh)
8. 64 Audio U8( a small Solar, wider sound stage but leaner notes)
9. K10UA ( They are good, but that’s it.)
10. JH Roxanne v1( for the current price they are ok, way too much mid bass, way too dark, try before buy)
Time to update the new king:
1. InEar PP8S: To my ears, they are a better version of U18t, I mean a more musical U18t and cheaper, the soundstage from PP8s is not as huge as U18t for sure, U18t still have the largest soundstage I have ever heard, PP8s is as wide as LX, but slightly deeper. Also, the PP8s is more bodied, if the sound stage could be larger just a little bit, the world will be perfect. Definitely deserve more attention, I paid $1350(including international shipping from Germany and import custom taxes) for them, and I have to say for the sound, bang for bucks.
2. U18t/EE LX: Day and Night, sun and moon, technical vs musical, I personally prefer EE LX, only because I listen to more bass heavy music. LX is like a drug, a evil, never mean to be perfect, but they can make you addict to them easily. U18t on the other hand is like a prince, highly educated, rich and handle everything properly. But But But, you have to know, when you are trying to be at the mountain peak, you have to sacrifice something, cause you are also so far away from the crowd. It's always freezing on the mountain high.
3 Rhines State 7, more time with them, more I love them.
4. Samba
5. Sem-9
6. Zombie. A true bass monster, more accurate, a mid-bass monster. They are not like zombies at all, they are so warm, full of blood and flesh, actually they are the most bodied iems on this list, very unique, but they are certainly not to everyone's taste, but still deserve a try.
7. Solar. Was my personal favorite, Sam always makes IEMs that let me love and hate at the same time, lol. From Galaxy to Solar and maybe one day Zombie, every time I'm going to sell a rhapsodio, my heart is bleeding.
8. Xelanto/Vega: a dynamic couple like U18t and LX.
9. Galaxy V2
10 U8/K10UA

May 27, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #1,458 of 5,133
The Andromeda is the without doubt the most spacious sounding by far. PP8 excels in imaging and 3D soundstage presentation. Oriolus about the same size as PP8 without its holographic presentation.

thank you so far. by holographic and 3d you mean? i do not like sounds coming from around me, specially not from behind me. as iems do when they portrait the feeling of standing withing the stage. i like all the sounds in front of me. so which one would excel in this regard?

May 27, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #1,460 of 5,133
Time to update the new king:
1. InEar PP8S: To my ears, they are a better version of U18t, I mean a more musical U18t and cheaper, the soundstage from PP8s is not as huge as U18t for sure, U18t still have the largest soundstage I have ever heard, PP8s is as wide as LX, but slightly deeper. Also, the PP8s is more bodied, if the sound stage could be larger just a little bit, the world will be perfect. Definitely deserve more attention, I paid $1350(including international shipping from Germany and import custom taxes) for them, and I have to say for the sound, bang for bucks.
2. U18t/EE LX: Day and Night, sun and moon, technical vs musical, I personally prefer EE LX, only because I listen to more bass heavy music. LX is like a drug, a evil, never mean to be perfect, but they can make you addict to them easily. U18t on the other hand is like a prince, highly educated, rich and handle everything properly. But But But, you have to know, when you are trying to be at the mountain peak, you have to sacrifice something, cause you are also so far away from the crowd. It's always freezing on the mountain high.
3 Rhines State 7, more time with them, more I love them.
4. Samba
5. Sem-9
6. Zombie. A true bass monster, more accurate, a mid-bass monster. They are not like zombies at all, they are so warm, full of blood and flesh, actually they are the most bodied iems on this list, very unique, but they are certainly not to everyone's taste, but still deserve a try.
7. Solar. Was my personal favorite, Sam always makes IEMs that let me love and hate at the same time, lol. From Galaxy to Solar and maybe one day Zombie, every time I'm going to sell a rhapsodio, my heart is bleeding.
8. Xelanto/Vega: a dynamic couple like U18t and LX.
9. Galaxy V2
10 U8/K10UA
What module was used when auditioning the u18t?

May 27, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #1,462 of 5,133
All the IEMs on the list are what I owned, so I have a fairly long experience with all above. I tried both m15 and m20, but the impression here is mainly based on m20.
I see, looks like I prefer the balanced sound of the u18t even though I always thought I loved a lil more bass but after the u18t the balance is perfect for me

May 27, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #1,463 of 5,133
I see, looks like I prefer the balanced sound of the u18t even though I always thought I loved a lil more bass but after the u18t the balance is perfect for me
Yes, I mean don’t get me wrong, PP8S, U18t, LX are actually in the same tier, they are so close in terms of sound quality. PP8S and U18t are trying to provide a detailed, true sound. U18t provide more soundstage and air, therefore they are more to the reference side. If I can score them to make the list more clear that will be U18t: 100% successful in technical approach, 85% on musical side; LX is like 87%technical(add 2 points for 10 crossover which makes the sound very bodied, and separated vertically) 98%musical(take out 2 points for too much bass for someone);PP8S is like 95 in technical, 95 musical.
None of these have the issue that Samba has, which is fully to the technical side. Or Rhines s7, fully to the musical side.
I think not many people can feel that U18t is slightly lack of “colors” before auditioning other similar level IEMs. Again this is not a bad thing, I think for any headphones if they want to be more objective to the music itself, they have to sacrifice some colors in order to let the music shines out.

May 27, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #1,464 of 5,133
I'm not in a level of audiophilia, if that term exists, to give out notes to iems on musicality. Most I can describe is the soundstage, the clarity and airness/separation other than that i fail to pick up any timber, notes correctness. That's why I dont hear a big difference between different iems except for the previously mentioned aspects . Dunno how I can improve on other aspects. For now I just enjoy the music :wink:

May 27, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #1,465 of 5,133
Great that the PP8 gets some love here. I feel like it is underappreciated on head-fi even though it should tick all the boxes for most head-fiers with a relative good price-ratio performance
in the TOTL-realm .

thank you so far. by holographic and 3d you mean? i do not like sounds coming from around me, specially not from behind me. as iems do when they portrait the feeling of standing withing the stage. i like all the sounds in front of me. so which one would excel in this regard?

Depth and with having the same dimension and pinpoint imagine. I can spot every instrument and background vocals without even concentrating. It's so damn accurate =)
I don't remember the Andromeda being as good as the pp8 in that regard. But the sheer size of its soundstage is still impressive nonetheless.
That being said I can't really spot whether the sound is only in front of me or around me, kinda feels the same to me.

May 31, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #1,469 of 5,133
Slight changes...

1. Empire Ears Legend X
2. AKG N5005
3. Empire Ears Bravado
4. Massdrop Plus (amazing value)
5. ER4XR
6. AKG N40
7. DUNU DN-2000
8. Campfire Comets
9. iBasso IT01
10. MEEAudio Pinnacle P1

May 31, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #1,470 of 5,133
Slight changes...

1. Empire Ears Legend X
2. AKG N5005
3. Empire Ears Bravado
4. Massdrop Plus (amazing value)
5. ER4XR
6. AKG N40
7. DUNU DN-2000
8. Campfire Comets
9. iBasso IT01
10. MEEAudio Pinnacle P1

Nice you see some love for the dunu dn2000. Still an amazing hybrid even in today's standards... and it won't cost an arm or a leg.

Could you compare it to the MD+ please? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back