Rank the IEM's you've heard
May 17, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #1,427 of 5,136
Yeah, it seems weird, but it’s not about the technical abilities, where the samba beats most of all the other IEMs mentioned (if not all of them), but I just didn’t like their timbre at all, that’s why it’s not in the top 5.
curious what tips you were using with the Samba?

I've tried spin tips, silicone, foams and comply

Comply seems to work best for me. I felt anything not foam makes the Sambas too bright and lacking on the low end.

May 17, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,428 of 5,136

Comply seems to work best for me. I felt anything not foam makes the Sambas too bright and lacking on the low end.
I think it might be the source problem, what dap are you using? I tried all the tips as well, and I never feel samba lack of bass, on the other hand, they have the best bass I’ve heard from ba drivers including U18t .
The treble is a problem, I do agree.

May 17, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #1,429 of 5,136
I think it might be the source problem, what dap are you using? I tried all the tips as well, and I never feel samba lack of bass, on the other hand, they have the best bass I’ve heard from ba drivers including U18t .
The treble is a problem, I do agree.
I'm using a Sony WM1a
Bass is a bit on the weaker side since I'm used to the ie800.

May 17, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #1,430 of 5,136
I'm using a Sony WM1a
Bass is a bit on the weaker side since I'm used to the ie800.
Oh, I may understand, Samba’s bass is thin, and not fully extended like Dynamic IEMs, but from my player, the bass is very deep, fast and hit hard which is what I want from ba IEMs.
Somehow I find they have more and tighter bass than my U18t and all other ba drivers IEMs I have or had, from ak380.
But legend x beats all in terms of both quantity and quality, just reach the very sweet spot.

May 17, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #1,432 of 5,136

I didn’t try them with foams or comply, so can’t comment on that. I listened to them with a modded Calyx M.

May 17, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #1,434 of 5,136
Also how’s pp8 compared with LX and a18? I heard tons of hype of pp8, just never have a chance to try them.
I think the PP8 should have had a hype, but alas it is rather quiet in the PP8 thread. They are the sweet spot (at least for me) between technicalities and musicality (with both switches „on“). Neutral warm sound sig, very realistic (but less in your face than A18) and not so much bass than Legend X (was too much bass for me). Also look at the price difference :wink:

May 17, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #1,435 of 5,136
Oh, I may understand, Samba’s bass is thin, and not fully extended like Dynamic IEMs, but from my player, the bass is very deep, fast and hit hard which is what I want from ba IEMs.
Somehow I find they have more and tighter bass than my U18t and all other ba drivers IEMs I have or had, from ak380.
But legend x beats all in terms of both quantity and quality, just reach the very sweet spot.
indeed it is :)

I don't expect any BAs to be bass monsters. This is why it's always good to have a different pair of IEMs.

May 17, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #1,436 of 5,136
I think the PP8 should have had a hype, but alas it is rather quiet in the PP8 thread. They are the sweet spot (at least for me) between technicalities and musicality (with both switches „on“). Neutral warm sound sig, very realistic (but less in your face than A18) and not so much bass than Legend X (was too much bass for me). Also look at the price difference :wink:
I pa
where do you guys buy the pp8? ThomannMusic?

May 17, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #1,437 of 5,136
I don't own many IEMs, but this is my list:
-EE Legend X
-SE846
-MDR 7550
-Sony XBAH3
-XB90EX
-SE535

I bought the Legend X recently and it is amazing, my only issue with it, is the driver flex, I don't know if it will go over time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back