Rank the IEM's you've heard
Jan 17, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #1,306 of 5,136
1. Noble: Kaiser K10 (now own)
2. Campfire Audio: Vega (auditioned)
3. Shure: SE846 (own)
4. Noble: Katana (auditioned - truly fine sound but not for me)
5. Sennheiser: IE800 (owned, swapped for SE846)
6. Campfire: Jupiter (auditioned)
7. Sennheiser: IE8 (owned)
8. FutureSonics: Aatrio (owned)
9. Ultimate Ears: Triple.fi 5 (owned)
10.Koss: ?? (Owned)
11. Sennheiser: CX 300 (I think?) (owned)

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #1,307 of 5,136
All owned at some point:

1. Rhapsodio Zombie
2. Oriolus MK2
3. Andromeda
4. Cosmic Ears CE6P
5. Earsonics S-EM9
6. JH13 Pro
8. Shure SE846
8. Westone 4
9. Shure SE535
10. Phonak PFE 232
11. Shure SE215
12. Etymotic ER6i
13. Etymotic ER4XR
14. Etymotic ER4P
15. Rock It Sounds R-50

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #1,308 of 5,136
All owned at some point:

1. Rhapsodio Zombie
2. Oriolus MK2
3. Andromeda
4. Cosmic Ears CE6P
5. Earsonics S-EM9
6. JH13 Pro
8. Shure SE846
8. Westone 4
9. Shure SE535
10. Phonak PFE 232
11. Shure SE215
12. Etymotic ER6i
13. Etymotic ER4XR
14. Etymotic ER4P
15. Rock It Sounds R-50

Have you heard the rhapsodio solar or galaxy v2 how to compare it to zombie i sold my solar and oriolus mk2 now using galaxy v2.

Jan 21, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #1,309 of 5,136
Have you heard the rhapsodio solar or galaxy v2 how to compare it to zombie i sold my solar and oriolus mk2 now using galaxy v2.

Hi, I've never heard the Solar or Galaxy V2 unfortunately, sorry. Living in the UK, I don't get a chance to audition IEMs, so have to rely on reviews. One of the other members here, SeeSax, compared the two in his Zombie review and preferred the Zombie.

I still have my Oriolus Mk2 which was the jewel in the crown for me, until the Zombie came. The Zombie takes everything up a notch. I thought the bass was boomy at first but it's now settled nicely and now sounds very coherent, textered and detailed, as does everything else. It's an amazingly musical IEM which you'll have trouble putting down if that's your kind of thing.

Jan 21, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #1,310 of 5,136
Hi, I've never heard the Solar or Galaxy V2 unfortunately, sorry. Living in the UK, I don't get a chance to audition IEMs, so have to rely on reviews. One of the other members here, SeeSax, compared the two in his Zombie review and preferred the Zombie.

I still have my Oriolus Mk2 which was the jewel in the crown for me, until the Zombie came. The Zombie takes everything up a notch. I thought the bass was boomy at first but it's now settled nicely and now sounds very coherent, textered and detailed, as does everything else. It's an amazingly musical IEM which you'll have trouble putting down if that's your kind of thing.
I agree oriolus is very special and I really like it. How about the resolution and micro detail of zombie compare to oriolus? The galaxy really step up in term of micro detail and resolution compare to oriolus

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #1,312 of 5,136
I agree oriolus is very special and I really like it. How about the resolution and micro detail of zombie compare to oriolus? The galaxy really step up in term of micro detail and resolution compare to oriolus

I feel there is a little more resolution and micro detail on the Zombie. The Zombie has more presence and body but nothing is over shadowed or lost...it just sounds so together underpinned by this wonderful bass. The only area the Oriolus inches out is the vocals, where they are a touch more forward and emotional. There's not much in it though.

I’ll get to sample the Oriolus in a few days. :)

Let us know what you think, they are a wonderful IEM.

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #1,313 of 5,136
I feel there is a little more resolution and micro detail on the Zombie. The Zombie has more presence and body but nothing is over shadowed or lost...it just sounds so together underpinned by this wonderful bass. The only area the Oriolus inches out is the vocals, where they are a touch more forward and emotional. There's not much in it though.

Let us know what you think, they are a wonderful IEM.
Oriolus i think is one of the best vocals in iem 2nd to fitear334. I prefer oriolus using sony dap and pwaudio no5 cable is much better sound compare to chinese version oriolus.

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #1,315 of 5,136
I was using them with WM1Z and EA Lionheart...an amazing combo and now taken even higher with the Zombie!
Oriolus + sony player has amazing synergy i tried it using l5pro and peoneer 300r it soung good but but the emotional sounding disappear ... the strong point of oriolus is the vocals and the emotions of it and I felt the it disappeared using l5pro ng 300r.

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #1,316 of 5,136
Oriolus + sony player has amazing synergy i tried it using l5pro and peoneer 300r it soung good but but the emotional sounding disappear ... the strong point of oriolus is the vocals and the emotions of it and I felt the it disappeared using l5pro ng 300r.

I really do think you'll dig the Zombies, try and give them a go if you can. Just listen to Kraftwerk and they have never sounded better!

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,317 of 5,136
I really do think you'll dig the Zombies, try and give them a go if you can. Just listen to Kraftwerk and they have never sounded better!
Right now im very happy with my galaxy v2 i read about zombies the resolution ng micro detail is very close but solar is clearer a bit. i sold my solar and oriolus because for me galaxy is much better than both of them. If detail retrieval of zombies is just close or same level as solar im not interested the reason that i sell my solar and oriolus is lack of details and resolution for me. They are amazing tonality wise but i feel lacking.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #1,319 of 5,136
The Oriolus now slip into 2nd place and the Noble Encores 3rd. The former weren’t exactly auditioned in the best of circumstances following a four hour flight so neither ears nor head were too fresh and the latter seemed lighter on the mid-bass punch.

The O’s specifically impressed me nonetheless. There’s a lot to love about them! I would like to put them through their paces again properly and write a thorough review of them too.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #1,320 of 5,136
Apples and oranges. I enjoy pushing a button and quickly having a conversation with someone without having to yank the cables out of my Kaiser K10U's. Moreover the open version allows for the airiness, the "open" sound signature which distinguishes the iSine 20's from other IEMs. As for the prior comment regarding brightness, these ears detect the opposite. Using any noble model, or JH or Andromeda - they all sound bright when compared to the iSine 20s. All headphones require time to rewire the brain to a new sound. What Audeze has done here is amazing. In a few years I believe we will look back at this period as the beginning of a shift in how we listen to in ear music. The major players in the industry I believe are afraid, and rightly so and want these types of headphones to just go away. Keep buying the old school 8 to 12 drivers per side, make it a numbers game. Flashy molds, beautiful woods, carbon fibre. Drug the masses into thinking they hear greatness.

Or get a relatively inexpensive iSine 20 and watch what happens in the near future. Everyone has different tastes thankfully.

Great point however the isine and m300s and even the audeze in ear planars all suffer from the ear hook issues.
The m300s are terrible and the isine makes ok ones but IMO there is a lot of work to do to keep them from being so fragile and comfortable at the same time before they can destroy these crazy 18 driver iems lol for thousands of dollars. Weston’s W series for example go up atleast $100 per model with another driver. They sound great (the w80s I had) but still I think the in ear planars in 5 years will take an even bigger piece of the market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back