Vision Ears EXT for 1,520 USD
Empire Ears ODIN for 1,650 USD
64 Audio U12t for USD 920
64 Audio tia Fourté USD 1,830
Noble Kublai Khan USD 1,330
Noble Viking Ragnar for 2,100 USD

Here: https://www.hiresaudiotech.com/

Incredibly! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Does anyone have experience with this e-shop?
If its too good to be true, its not true

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #4,742 of 5,135
I find iems to be quite music dependent, here is my list based purely on sound:

U12t
Andromeda2020 (for classical and acoustic)
Symphonium Meteor (for electronic and pop)
Monarch MKII
ie600
Variations
Blessing 2
Advar
Timeless
APP2
Z12
Timeless AE

I do however find that comfort bests everything and I am quite sensible to unvented iems, my real list would then be:
APP2
Timeless
Blessing2

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #4,743 of 5,135
I find iems to be quite music dependent, here is my list based purely on sound:

U12t
Andromeda2020 (for classical and acoustic)
Symphonium Meteor (for electronic and pop)
Monarch MKII
ie600
Variations
Blessing 2
Advar
Timeless
APP2
Z12
Timeless AE

I do however find that comfort bests everything and I am quite sensible to unvented iems, my real list would then be:
APP2
Timeless
Blessing2
Its not you, that is just how air works, its everyone. It is practically impossible to use unvented IEM with silicone and i don't know any professional who does that.

Unvented IEMs have to be used with Foam, there is pretty much no other way. I have never met a single person who was able to insert unvented IEMs without air pressure issues (and the air pressure issue changes the sound long before you even notice it in your ear).

So if you have issues with unvented IEMs with silicone tips, that is just how it is. You have to use them with foam

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #4,744 of 5,135
Its not you, that is just how air works, its everyone. It is practically impossible to use unvented IEM with silicone and i don't know any professional who does that.

Unvented IEMs have to be used with Foam, there is pretty much no other way. I have never met a single person who was able to insert unvented IEMs without air pressure issues (and the air pressure issue changes the sound long before you even notice it in your ear).

So if you have issues with unvented IEMs with silicone tips, that is just how it is. You have to use them with foam
Thanks for sharing this, I have always wondered how people managed that! I did indeed use them only with foam tips, still did not find unvented iems comfortable enough for me to keep them

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #4,745 of 5,135
Thanks for sharing this, I have always wondered how people managed that! I did indeed use them only with foam tips, still not find unvented iems comfortable enough for me to keep them
What Foam tips are you using. I was testing a lot until i found ones that are very comfortable and do not modify the sound in a bad way.

The only ones i found so far that sound acceptable and are comfortable are
- Moondrop MIS (Sound almost perfect and isolate well)
- Sony EP-NI1000 (Sound better but don't isolate as well)
- INAIRS (Isolate perfect but slightly eat the treble)

I tested a lot of others including the FiiO ones (they are the worst, i was shocked how uncomfortable and bad sounding foam can be), some from Xcessor and a lot i forgot.

Surprisingly the MIS Tips from Moondrops are one of the best. Something i did not expect

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #4,746 of 5,135
What Foam tips are you using. I was testing a lot until i found ones that are very comfortable and do not modify the sound in a bad way.

The only ones i found so far that sound acceptable and are comfortable are
- Moondrop MIS (Sound almost perfect and isolate well)
- Sony EP-NI1000 (Sound better but don't isolate as well)
- INAIRS (Isolate perfect but slightly eat the treble)

I tested a lot of others including the FiiO ones (they are the worst, i was shocked how uncomfortable and bad sounding foam can be), some from Xcessor and a lot i forgot.

Surprisingly the MIS Tips from Moondrops are one of the best. Something i did not expect
!!! Did not consider different foam tips might influence so much

I tested with the stock tips that came with the iems and comply comfort tips. Did you try comply?

I will definitely get a pair of MIS then, might get back those u12t I loved so much but could not tolerate if moondrop does the magic :D

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #4,747 of 5,135
!!! Did not consider different foam tips might influence so much

I tested with the stock tips that came with the iems and comply comfort tips. Did you try comply?

I will definitely get a pair of MIS then, might get back those u12t I loved so much but could not tolerate if moondrop does the magic :D
I did test comply and i wasn't a big fan of them. They feel/sound like foam tips from years ago. They influence the sound heavily and i don't like the feel in my ear

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #4,748 of 5,135
INDULGENT VERSION (the more I think about it, the more it suits me, all things considered :beerchug: )...

DAP : Aune m1s, balanced output, fast filter (One gear to rule them all... ).

So :

Alambic Ears Mentawai "Mars" (Jade's Emperor : my reference - and technical - endgame ? 🤔). Rhapsodio Graphene balanced cable x4 (ABSOLUTE TOTL as I think ; best match ever with these uiems) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.

Aure Audio Ringo (Magical tuning, timbres and tones : my musical endgame ? 🤔). Aaw Aoraki mk7 balanced cable x4 (ABSOLUTE TOTL as I think ; best match ever with these uiems) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.

Aure Audio Elixir (aka "Squaring the - organic - circle" : my balanced - everything - endgame ? 🤔). Penon Totem x2 coaxial balanced cable (one of it's kind ; best match ever with these uiems) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.

Final A8000 (God of infinite clarity : my analytical endgame ? 🤔). Dunu Blanche balanced cable and tips "Azla Xelastec", L.

FiiO FH9 "DSW tuned"* (Weapon of mass destruction : my... endgame ? 🤔). FiiO "LC-RE Pro 2022" 8-wires, balanced cable and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L. Vents modded (value 550 for the filtering strength). Green filters on the nozzle.

No precedence. No real ranking : first 5 places ex-aequo. Just different sonic and musical proposals. Stone cold killers. No limits (musics, genres... Everything is exceptionally rendered).

Then... the rest of the world. Prices, technologies.... 😇

*these FH9's.... since they are in 550 filters REALLY make me think a lot.... all the planets are magically aligned, it's pretty... scary. They continue to amaze me !... 👑😎🥰😅
Updated :beerchug:

Vision Ears Erlköning (Best earphones of the planet ? Maybe... :sunglasses:). Position #2. Stock cable (pure silver ?) and "Tips Raptgo Adaptative Eartips" L.

Alambic Ears Mentawai "Mars" (Jade's Emperor : my reference - and technical - endgame ? 🤔). Rhapsodio Graphene balanced cable x4 (ABSOLUTE TOTL as I think ; best match ever with these uiems) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.

Aure Audio Ringo (Magical tuning, timbres and tones : my musical endgame ? 🤔). Aaw Aoraki mk7 balanced cable x4 (ABSOLUTE TOTL as I think ; best match ever with these uiems) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.

Aure Audio Elixir (aka "Squaring the - organic - circle" : my balanced - everything - endgame ? 🤔). Penon Totem x2 coaxial balanced cable (one of it's kind ; best match ever with these uiems) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.

Final A8000 (God of infinite clarity : my analytical endgame ? 🤔). Dunu Blanche balanced cable and tips "Azla Xelastec", L.

FiiO FH9 "DSW tuned" (Weapon of mass destruction : my... endgame ? 🤔). FiiO "LC-RE Pro 2022" 8-wires, balanced cable and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L. Vents modded (value 550 for the filtering strength). Green filters on the nozzle.

Not a real ranking but if so :

1/ Vision Ears Erlköning (position #2 and accessories listed above)
2/ Alambic Ears Mentawai "Mars" - Aure Audio Ringo (and accessories listed above)
3/ Aure Audio Elixir - Final A8000 - FiiO FH9 "DSW tuned" (the same and mods for the FH9's)

For points #2 and #3, I can't really decide...
That's all folks :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #4,749 of 5,135
Updated :beerchug:

Vision Ears Erlköning (Best earphones of the planet ? Maybe... :sunglasses:). Position #2. Stock cable (pure silver ?) and "Tips Raptgo Adaptative Eartips" L.

FiiO FH9 "DSW tuned" (Weapon of mass destruction : my... endgame ? 🤔). FiiO "LC-RE Pro 2022" 8-wires, balanced cable and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L. Vents modded (value 550 for the filtering strength). Green filters on the nozzle.

Not a real ranking but if so :

1/ Vision Ears Erlköning (position #2 and accessories)
2/ Alambic Ears Mentawai "Mars" (and accessories)
3/ Aure Audio Ringo - Aure Audio Elixir (the same)
4/ Final A8000 - FiiO FH9 "DSW tuned" (the same and mods for the FH9's)

That's all folks :beerchug:
The Vision Ears Phönix improves on the Erlkönig (you can not change the tuning, but it is based on Position 2 which you seem to like). So if you like the Erlkönig, i would highly recommend the Phönix

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #4,750 of 5,135
The Vision Ears Phönix improves on the Erlkönig (you can not change the tuning, but it is based on Position 2 which you seem to like). So if you like the Erlkönig, i would highly recommend the Phönix
Not agree.

I found the Phoenix to be very "safe" (tuning and global performance) and quite "smooth", let's said..."boring". In short, I really preferred the Erlkoning, more lively, impactful, refined (at the treble end)...

For me, there is no contest. I found the Phoenix like a "weak" or a "lite" version of the Erlkoning. :slight_frown:

I havent't listened to the last "special version" of the Phoenix, so I have no opinion about them.

Interesting too, the FH9 "DSW tuned" are in a way some kind of "Erlkoning like", less refined and less technical, but more powerful (especially at the bottom end).
My 2 cts :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #4,751 of 5,135
Not agree.

I found the Phoenix very "safe" (tuning and global performance) and quite "smooth", let's said..."boring". In short, I really preferred the Erlkoning, more lively, impactful, refined (at the treble end)...

For me, there is no contest. I found the Phoenix like a "weak" or a "lite" version of the Erlkoning. :slight_frown:

Interesting too, the FH9 "DSW tuned" are in a way some kind of "Erlkoning like", less refined and less technical, but more powerful (especially at the bottom end).
My 2 cts :beerchug:
They fixed some peeks in the treble, that might be what your're finding

In that case, the new Andromeda ES (which i was about to recommend) might not be your thing either

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #4,752 of 5,135
They fixed some peeks in the treble, that might be what your're finding

In that case, the new Andromeda ES (which i was about to recommend) might not be your thing either
Peeks ?

"Against" the FH9's

Really... :sweat_smile:

Mar 28, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #4,754 of 5,135
Not against the FH9, no^^ against the Phönix of course. But given the price difference, it can't be expected that the FH9 beats the Erlkönig
There are no peeks at all here... ^_^

Really : where they are ?

and there, it was "against" the fh9's... :sweat_smile:

Mar 28, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #4,755 of 5,135
erlky is one of my favorite iems of all time.

phonix seemed to trade away the world-class vocal presence, timbral accuracy, exclusivity, and overall magic of the og erlky...all for a tick more in technicalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back