Ie600
Aful performer5
Timeless ae
Kato = Ikko oh10
Nuratrue Pro
Yume midnight
Hana 2021
Zentian Wu
I've never heard of a lot of these. How did you come to find out about them?

Mar 28, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #4,757 of 5,132
"Against" VE8 :

Yes, there is a peek. VE8... :beerchug:

Mar 28, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #4,758 of 5,132
erlky is one of my favorite iems of all time.

phonix seemed to trade away the world-class vocal presence, timbral accuracy, exclusivity, and overall magic of the og erlky...all for a tick more in technicalities.
Completely agree.

Same feelings.

Mar 28, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #4,759 of 5,132
The Vision Ears Phönix improves on the Erlkönig (you can not change the tuning, but it is based on Position 2 which you seem to like). So if you like the Erlkönig, i would highly recommend the Phönix
I found the LE ERLK to be superior to the Phoenix as did a number of my friends as well. ERLK still rules.

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #4,761 of 5,132
I understand that only the cable changes (and the color of course).

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #4,762 of 5,132
"Against" VE8 :

Yes, there is a peek. VE8... :beerchug:
Yes, the peak in the VE8 is even worse. In most measurements, the VE8's peak is even stronger. Vision Ears have a very high price for how poor they sometimes perform (whichi s one of the biggest complain people have with the brand).

But yes, the VE8 is worse, that is why arists dont choose it. Most musicians refrain from VE7 and VE8 due to their poor monitoring performance. Most professional artists do choose the VE6 X2

But you have to understand measurements better. First of all, you did not level at 1kHz.

graph.png

Second, you are using the IEF Neutral Target which is Crinacles personal preference, that is important to know. That is crinacles personal taste we are looking at here, not what actually sound neutral.

Crinacle likes boosted upper mids and lower treble and he is not making that an secret, that is obvious from pretty much all of his reviews. Especially the 2-3kHz Region so the Vision Ears Erlkönig looks like he measures flat compared to the target, but in reality it is pretty boosted.

And this is what Vision Ears fixed mostly.

If you compare the Erlkönig with an Professional Monitor
graph (3).png

graph (4).png

You instantly see what i mean and what the biggest complain with the Erlkönig is/was and why they changed it.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #4,764 of 5,132
Have you actually tried it?
I briefly had VE8 and liked it a lot, there was nothing sharp or offensive in the treble for me. Who cares what it looks like on graph 🤷‍♂️
I tried all VE, yes. Back in Germany and from time to time in Japan. And most of them were surprisingly bad, especially when you consider that they are ment as professional Monitor.

I didn't like the VE8 in total, not just the treble, I liked nothing about it. It was impossible to monitor anything, neither live nor in there studio lot of cymbals and percussion instruments sound very harsh and off and wrong, lot of Voices sounded weird.

It wasn't painful or anything, it just wasn't good. It's not an Monitor, you can not use it for monitoring and that is what vision ears advertises.

The VE6 X2 is better in anything then the VE8 even though being much cheaper. But also the FiiO FA9 is significantly better than the VE8.

I don't care about graphs and measurements, I did not bring them up in the first place.

I would take an FitEar 334 or 335 always over any Vision Ears

Mar 29, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #4,765 of 5,132
I found the LE ERLK to be superior to the Phoenix as did a number of my friends as well. ERLK still rules.

I liked your Erlk more than Phonix OG...against Phonix LE...would need more time but it's closer. Phonix/Erlk are the best all BA IEMs I've ever personally heard.

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #4,767 of 5,132
I tried all VE, yes. Back in Germany and from time to time in Japan. And most of them were surprisingly bad, especially when you consider that they are ment as professional Monitor.

I didn't like the VE8 in total, not just the treble, I liked nothing about it. It was impossible to monitor anything, neither live nor in there studio lot of cymbals and percussion instruments sound very harsh and off and wrong, lot of Voices sounded weird.

It wasn't painful or anything, it just wasn't good. It's not an Monitor, you can not use it for monitoring and that is what vision ears advertises.

The VE6 X2 is better in anything then the VE8 even though being much cheaper. But also the FiiO FA9 is significantly better than the VE8.

I don't care about graphs and measurements, I did not bring them up in the first place.

I would take an FitEar 334 or 335 always over any Vision Ears
We are all a bit different. I would take the ERLK any day over the FitEars. Though I also like the VE8, but feel it needs to punch a bit harder in the bass. My favorite is the Traillii over all of them. I also think the UM MM is better, though I have a friend who hates it.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #4,768 of 5,132
I liked your Erlk more than Phonix OG...against Phonix LE...would need more time but it's closer. Phonix/Erlk are the best all BA IEMs I've ever personally heard.
For me, it's Erlkönig.

No BA sound at all, just music 🥰

And, in particular, the bass quality is just phenomenal. Not BA or dynamic sound biased. Just.... Perfect. Everything. 😎👍

Really, these Erlkönig, call me impressed.

I say it all the more easily since I have not been impressed by the Phoenix or the EXT. As for the ve7... I still haven't understood what they have done with, as I find them mediocre (compared to)...

Mar 29, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #4,769 of 5,132
Today i received the Symphonium Meteor (bought them on ebay for 300e, barely used only for a couple hours) and i love them from the first listen. Its a similar situation that ive had with Dunu SA6 Ultra but i think the Meteors are better.
Tbh i like them more than the Monarchs when paired with a dap. Everything changes when the MMk2 are paired with the Pegasus sg1 Gold Edition, they sound like attending a concert then. The synergy the Monarchs have with Pegasus is made in heaven and is so good that i sold the Shanling M8 yesterday!
But the Meteors are a keeper, they are very different from MMk2. They compliement each other perfectly. Meteors are laid back, chill, warmish, with great bass but i wouldnt call them dark like many reviewers did. They have a lot of detail and are very clear but just laid back and quite "romantic". A beautiful set, very recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back