Rank the IEM's you've heard
Feb 10, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #4,489 of 5,139
Is Elyisan Annihilator is still the best iem for treblehead , extremely detailed and soundstage in 2023 ? or other choice ?
You can try the Final A8000 :beerchug:

they are the best for... "cleanerheads" :sweat_smile:

Feb 10, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #4,490 of 5,139
i can confirm that the camelot is getting a lot of love here.
the korean preference seems to be a bit different to headfi.
one particular example is that the u18t and noble sultan get a lot of love here, but not so much by headfi reviewers.

unfortunately, hidition aren't that popular in korea either, despite some amazing products
I honestly think Sultan gets no love here because of Crinacle's absurd review of it. That is a GREAT iem.

Feb 10, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #4,491 of 5,139
I honestly think Sultan gets no love here because of Crinacle's absurd review of it. That is a GREAT iem.
Who cares what Crin has to say? I don't. Find your own voice and style.

Feb 10, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #4,492 of 5,139
Who cares what Crin has to say? I don't. Find your own voice and style.
So agree 👍

Never listen with the ears of others. NEVER. 😉

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #4,493 of 5,139
Especially those that test IEM's like speed dating rounds with an Apple Dongle as the source.
Anyway, back on topic. RANKS please, not ode's to your favorite IEM. Plenty of other threads for that.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #4,494 of 5,139
So agree 👍

Never listen with the ears of others. NEVER. 😉
I like to listen with my ears. The bad thing is the IEMs that I would like to hear before buying are not within my reach... 😕

Feb 11, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #4,495 of 5,139
I like to listen with my ears. The bad thing is the IEMs that I would like to hear before buying are not within my reach... 😕
I understand.

I have the chance to live in Paris, France, and we are a very lively audio community of diverses (sympathetic 🥰😎👍) enthusiasts. And a local forum : Tellement Nomade. Discussions, complimentary loans, mutual assistance...

So it is easy to listening to hyped products... and others too (rares products = often the best according to my experience, because they touch restricted circles, "initiated circles" shall we say.... I am thinking about the Aure and Alambic Ears products for instance...).

This is what allowed me to listen to dozens of products, including very expensive ones, and very easily.

Feb 12, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #4,496 of 5,139
Changed my order. Nio with MX and then Atom XL n0- are 1 and 2
A listening session with my top three. The Nio has the Fir Atom XL N0 in use and the U18's always with the M20.

Attachments

• 20230208_195437.jpg
    20230208_195437.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #4,497 of 5,139
INDULGENT VERSION (the more I think about it, the more it suits me, all things considered :beerchug: )...

DAP : Aune m1s, balanced output, fast filter (One gear to rule them all... ).

So :

Alambic Ears Mentawai "Mars" (Jade's Emperor : my reference - and technical - endgame ? 🤔). Rhapsodio Graphene balanced cable x4 (ABSOLUTE TOTL as I think ; best match ever with these uiems) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.

Aure Audio Ringo (Magical tuning, timbres and tones : my musical endgame ? 🤔). Aaw Aoraki mk7 balanced cable x4 (ABSOLUTE TOTL as I think ; best match ever with these uiems) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.

Aure Audio Elixir (aka "Squaring the - organic - circle" : my balanced - everything - endgame ? 🤔). Penon Totem x2 coaxial balanced cable (one of it's kind ; best match ever with these uiems) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.

Final A8000 (God of infinite clarity : my analytical endgame ? 🤔). Dunu Blanche balanced cable and tips "Azla Xelastec", L.

FiiO FH9 "DSW tuned"* (Weapon of mass destruction : my... endgame ? 🤔). FiiO "LC-RE Pro 2022" 8-wires, balanced cable and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L. Vents modded (value 550 for the filtering strength). Green filters on the nozzle.

No precedence. No real ranking : first 5 places ex-aequo. Just different sonic and musical proposals. Stone cold killers. No limits (musics, genres... Everything is exceptionally rendered).

Then... the rest of the world. Prices, technologies.... 😇

*these FH9's.... since they are in 550 filters REALLY make me think a lot.... all the planets are magically aligned, it's pretty... scary. They continue to amaze me !... 👑😎🥰😅

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #4,498 of 5,139

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #4,499 of 5,139
Is is haha, but it's excellent
I was reading some reviews of these just now (most notably your very own review of them right here at Head-Fi).

A few observations/comments before I pull the proverbial trigger and purchase the HEXA:

-As I'm sure you've already figured out I am pretty much only into budget In-Ear Earphones. I'm currently burning in my NRG X Symphonized from Amazon. Right out of the box they sounded phenomenal ----- almost as if they didn't need any burn-in. They've had about 40 hours or so. We'll see.

-I can't honestly imagine anything this big and massive hanging out of the side of my head (I'm talking about the HEXA). The person who posted his/her review just before yours actually stated that long listening sessions were difficult due to "sharp edges" in the composition of the product.

-If I understand correctly the HEXAs contain basically one Dynamic driver and 3 BAs. And so ........... then in light of this, have you ever given a listen to the 1More Quad? And if so, I'd like to know your thoughts/impressions, and how they compare to the HEXAs. Yes, I realize that this is probably an extremely ridiculous comparison, but I'm just curious to know. You know, since the Quads supposedly have pretty much the same composition (3 BA's and one Dynamic driver).

Thanks for any input you might be able to provide.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #4,500 of 5,139
NRG X Symphonized = Jvc wood series (very) "inspired", so too speak ? 🤔😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back