Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Jul 29, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #2,251 of 8,131
1.HD800 (Never heard,if i am included to be in the group of those people who claim in denying is brightness)
2.HE500 (Never heard of him,but some when in the future i will be owning one)
3.Westone ES5 (Same as above)
3.DT990 which i currently won and considering the circumstances in which i am,i am pretty satisfy with it.
That`s it,my Sunday late evening drunken post.

Jul 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #2,252 of 8,131
I thought this would be an appropriate first post...

1. Ultrasone Pro 2500
2. AKG K 272 HD
3. Grado SR60
4. Ultrasone Proline 650

Jul 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #2,256 of 8,131
1 JH-16 this is my dream CIEM
2 TF10 Custom my fav universal of all time
3 Panasonic HTF-600 the beater phone

I'm looking at either a D5000/D7000 or LCD-2.  On the other hand I'd like something I Could take out like the Sennheiser HD 25 or the Beyer 1350..

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #2,257 of 8,131
HD 800's: Couldn't be happier with these headphones, in a different league from what I've owned or own presently

HE 500's: Most accurate headphones I've ever heard to my ears; very natural. Nice bass impact and bloom.

LCD 2 rev2 (previously): Fun sounding headphone with nice bass and midrange presence. Very mediocre in the upper mids and highs. Not necessarily my cup of tea; find it overrated personally. Not comfortable.

HD600's/ HD650's (previously): Very good considering the price you can get them for online. Very natural sounding again but not as much microdetail as the hifiman. Slight preference to the 600's.

IE8's: Very fun and dynamic headphone. Unnatural amounts of bass, but it's fun when on the go/ daily commute.

Fostex T50RP Paradox: Most neutral sounding headphone I've ever heard. Best closed can I own... Comfortable. Easy to EQ. Lacks detail retrieval due to driver limitations.

Grado Alessandro MS2i: Meant to be magnumized but got HE500's instead. Very dynamic headphone, amazing bass. Use it to practice bass guitar.

Hifiman RE0's: For 70 bucks these are fantastic. Kind of lean in the bass department, but good when eq'd.

Shure SRH 440: What probably started the addiction. Very good price/performance ratio. Detailed and clear (sterile) mids. Lacking bass.

Shure SE215: Amazing comfort and isolation. Good build. Sound quality is good for the price; fun sounding signature.

And also, something I've owned but could not use at the time I owned it
frown.gif
:

AKG K1000's: Got them by luck for a ludicrous price and sold them. Did not have anyway to use the xlr plugs during the week I owned it. Too bad.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #2,258 of 8,131
Still starting out so nothing really flashy or super high end.

1. Superlux HD668B - these are really nice, and my primary listening headphones. I dig the semi-openness, and the more or less neutral sound is pleasing to my ears. Listening to some of my favorite jazz charts with this, I heard things I've never heard before, and my mouth dropped.
2. Sennheiser HD 429 - also good, but not as neutral as the above cans. Bassier though, so I use it for hip hop, jazz sometimes, or my bassy music. First good headphones I've gotten. Very clean sound, enjoyable for most anything. My only qualm is after using the above cans, I now prefer semi-open versus the closed back of these.
3. Sony MDR-ZX100 - needed something to tie me over before I bought the above two headphones, $15 on clearance at TJ Maxx. Light and portable, prominent bass, fun to listen to when you just want to listen and not be analytical. Can get muddy at times though.
4. Skullcandy ink'd earphones - yeah, I got these two years ago, they're pretty bad now that I've been exposed to nice headphones. Airy, tinny sound character, thin. I use them for when I can't bring my Sony's (my portable cans), and when I drum along to music.

Honorable mention - AKG K240 Monitors - these technically aren't mine but I used them a ton before I got my own headphones. Loved them. Very comfy, and the sound was great. Couldn't put them down.

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #2,259 of 8,131
Update:

1) Grado GS1000
2) Grado PS500
3) BOSE A20 (Aviation)
4) Grado SR80i
5) Pioneer SE-405
-) Grado SR80(not i) needs recabling :frowning2:... still...

:)

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #2,264 of 8,131
1. Sennheiser HD650
2. Modded Fostex T50RP
3. Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro
4. Sennheiser HD25-1 II Originals
5. Audio Techinca ATH-M50S/LE
6. Audio Techinca ATH-AD700

Users who are viewing this thread

Back