Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Oct 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #4,593 of 8,134
1. Noble K10
2. Fitear Parterre / Senn HD600  -  totally different but I can't choose one!
3. Hifiman RE 400
4. Various workout and chore sub $50 iem's

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #4,594 of 8,134
my ranking keeps changing

help

1: Sony DR-Z7
2: Pioneer Monitor 10
-
3: Pioneer SE-500
4: Pioneer Monitor 10-II
-
-
-
5: Sony MDR-605

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #4,595 of 8,134
I just received the Koss Porta Pro, and it's actually one that made me smile as soon as I put it on. bass is wonderful for an on ear open headphone. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #4,600 of 8,134
New lineup

1.Grado SR-325i (gold edition)
2.Penon TTPOD T1-E
3.Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MKII
4.Yamaha EPH-100
5.ATH-PRO500MKII

Retired

Grado 80i & 225i
AKG Q701
Beyer T50p

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #4,602 of 8,134
1 Sony MDR1R

A distant...

2 Sennheiser HD477

And rounding out the list...

...every pair of earbuds/ear pods that have come with my various iDevices over the years, disposable imho.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #4,604 of 8,134
Damn it's been a while since I've posted in this place
Onto my rankings:
Over/On ears:
1. Senn HD800: beautiful piece of machinery this is, I save it for the most special of occasion and only has bout 2 or 3 hours of use on em, but I loved every second
2. Shure Srh440 (Temporarily Retired): broke the poor ole cable when my portable rig fell (lost my Dragonfly and this ;-; ) People weren't lying when they've said this thing is extremely detailed, it just barely is under the 800 in term of detail and has a pretty nice tonality for everything. this is(was) my primary gaming phones due to the detailing
3. Beyer DT250 (tied): best 27 dollars I've ever spent!, is very durable and sounds mighty fine when in my proper rig, doesn't do too much in the details department (a little above average) but, it's tonality and directional capabities are excellent, with it fitting more to hiphop and electronic and being pretty decent at gaming. Helps that they are reeeaally comfy.
3.K240 Sextetts(tied): my only vintage and probably my favorite, it has absolutely phenomenal stereo feel and beats my grados in that respect. The tonality is great for rock and live-performance tracks, which I have plenty of thankfully. I'm expecting these to rise once I do my restoration mod (probably 2 or tied for one).
4. Akg K545 (tied): Was an awesome gift from a relative. Probably has the most comfort out of all of these (tied with the hd800 in short term) and has a nice silky warm sound to them, feels mighty fine whenever I wanna just have a mellow night or just in the mood for a bassy funfest (has some really nice bass).
4. Ath-WS99 (tied): have had these for a while and love the bassy-ness, but the comfort and the below average detailing really breaks it for me. The sound though, whenever Im in a really portable mood, is perfect, although my x10's are a better overall IEM vs this.
5.Denon Hp-700: Has one of my favorite tonalities and the detailing is top notch, but, the lack of comfort (even after several mods and pad rolls) and the fact it doesn't play nice with tube-like amps really has made these fall down on my list.
5.Grado Sr-60i: My Grados, despite their low ranking, are one of more common daily drivers, mostly because of ease of use (doesn't require a schiit ton of power like the sextetts and the beyers) and the amount of ease it takes to get into the flow of the tonality.
6.Senn HD439(retired): Ah, my old workhorse, I used to put this through everything and completely ruined them towards the end of things, was really quite sad of what happened, but alas, now I have much better sets to tweak with.

Incoming:
1. ZMF Master models: I've been saving up for these for about a year and I finally get it! I'm super excited and am expecting it to be at the tip top

IEM's:
1.Klipsch x10: One of my first IEMs and certainly one of my favorites. It has some of the richest bass, with impact that's phenomenal and detailing that is almost on the level of the hd800's (only in the bass though), the rest of the tonality is very neutral, with little bits of sparkle up top to liven things
2 Teac ZE-1000: I used to love the comfort on these bad boys, but over time the pancake tips have become quite scratchy with my ears and make it a pain to enjoy music, otherwise these are clear, neutral and have a very detailed and delicious sound.
3. Decibullz: was a kickstarter project that I was looking forward too, mostly for the molds. They sound alright, v-sound signature, which is unsurprising. Average detailing and overall really average. The comfort is great though and I love that about them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back