Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Mar 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #3,916 of 8,136
I gotta add Jbl j33i to my list. My first iem (if you ignore iem that comes with cellphones).
I place it 5th in my collection.
1. Audeze lcd-3
2. Sennheiser hd650
3. Akg q701
4. Sennheiser momentum
5. Jbl j33i
6. Koss portapro

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #3,917 of 8,136
I gotta add Jbl j33i to my list. My first iem (if you ignore iem that comes with cellphones).
I place it 5th in my collection.
1. Audeze lcd-3
2. Sennheiser hd650
3. Akg q701
4. Sennheiser momentum
5. Jbl j33i
6. Koss portapro

As much as I've liked the IEMs I've owned, they've never measured up with my full-sizers in any way. My W3 and AH-C400 are great as far as casual listening goes, but I'd prefer my MD or HD650 to either of them at home. Maybe customs would change that...

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #3,918 of 8,136

No need to apologize; it's a legitimate, reasonable question.

No I have not. I wanted to buy one a while ago but I have held off because of the reports that say their treble is harsh. I've found that poor treble is a dealbreaker for me ever since I got the Z7.

The measurements suggest this as well. It hurts just to LOOK at that 5kHz peak. However, the rest of it is quite clean, so I'd like to at least try it at one point. 

...absolutely incredible.

Of course it SOUNDS bad, just LOOK at it!!

Of course this tastes bad, just LOOK at what is in it! Oh... no ive never tasted it. but just LOOK!

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #3,920 of 8,136

No need to apologize; it's a legitimate, reasonable question.

No I have not. I wanted to buy one a while ago but I have held off because of the reports that say their treble is harsh. I've found that poor treble is a dealbreaker for me ever since I got the Z7.

The measurements suggest this as well. It hurts just to LOOK at that 5kHz peak. However, the rest of it is quite clean, so I'd like to at least try it at one point. 

...absolutely incredible.

Of course it SOUNDS bad, just LOOK at it!!

Of course this tastes bad, just LOOK at what is in it! Oh... no ive never tasted it. but just LOOK!

XD
 good one!

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #3,921 of 8,136
  As much as I've liked the IEMs I've owned, they've never measured up with my full-sizers in any way. My W3 and AH-C400 are great as far as casual listening goes, but I'd prefer my MD or HD650 to either of them at home. Maybe customs would change that...

Yea true, I only listen too it while i'm at work :)

I'm interested in a custom aswell but doesn't feel worth spending them money atm.

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #3,922 of 8,136
good to know that i have good amp to my Q701
bigsmile_face.gif

the Lovely cube have enough to drive the T1? (the T1 is in the same price range with the HD700, i saw one goes here for 600$ a few days ago...)

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #3,923 of 8,136

This one time, I tried out some food that looked really good, but it tasted awful... just saying. 
(
evil_smiley.gif
)

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #3,924 of 8,136

At the same price, I've found that IEMs are better than full-sizers, but I'm listening straight out of my laptop and I haven't tried top tier headphones.  Maybe amps are needed or higher tier headphones are needed to beat my IEMs.

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #3,925 of 8,136
I wonder if the people who hear the "problems" are influenced by the measurements.

It goes both ways, but if what you hear is confirmed by measurements, then it is evidence that what you hear and your interpretation are likely correct.

But placebo works both ways, and your preconceptions of how a headphone should sound might very well influence your perception. Might be measurements, reviews, just the way they look, anything.

Also, have to be careful about interpreting the graphs correctly, which is critical. and lastly, you should look at the data and draw your conclusion from it, and not start with a conclusion and look for data which supports it.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #3,926 of 8,136
1) AKG K551 - very comfortable and a sound that suits my listening taste, does sound better from my cMoy.
2) Klipsh X11i - still new to me and very close in performance to the 551, prefer the 551 but X11 are my travel choice sounds Ok from portables, use it with Comply T100s on a plane but this makes the presentation too dark for my normal listening tastes so the single dome silicons sit on there most of the time, my amp is away so not sure how much difference an amp makes
3) Allesandro MS1 - one of my oldest HPs still love it but open backs do not suit my listening habits/environment, also prefers amplification.
4) Shure E2 - up until recently my travel HP, surpassed by some margin by the first 2 on the list, find it tiring when listening for long periods especially on cmoy.

Have lots of disposable buds, sport headphones and bits but nothing worth mention.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #3,927 of 8,136
I didn't even think it was that harsh (HD700).
Didn't akg k812 measure quite "badly" for example? People still seems to enjoy it and some people says it's the best dynamic headphone.

Yes it did measure poorly but I haven't heard many people who enjoy it or have it in their signature.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #3,929 of 8,136
Revised my order.

• VK-1
  • HD424
  • Sportapro
  • Q40

I just discovered the joys of low-level listening with the HD424.

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #3,930 of 8,136
  I have now am envious of you.  I'm still saving for my TH900s!

Sell everything you own now and buy them. 

I am ready to declare the TH900 to be the greatest hp on the planet.  And no, I have not heard them all, but I don't care.....  if that makes any sense 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back