PS1000 Impressions Thread
May 11, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #1,906 of 3,605

I'll have the PS1000 here later this week to do a side by side comparison to the LCD-X on my own excellent system, should be a fun shootout as the PS1000 has 100 hours on it, and the LCD-x should have as many by then.

you're giving the ps1000 another shot ?

May 11, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,907 of 3,605

I'll have the PS1000 here later this week to do a side by side comparison to the LCD-X on my own excellent system, should be a fun shootout as the PS1000 has 100 hours on it, and the LCD-x should have as many by then.

I look forward to reading your impressions.

By the way, Ilike your avatar, I have this album on vinyl, Loreenna McKennitt is one of my favorites, along with my PS1000.
wink.gif

May 11, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #1,908 of 3,605

you're giving the ps1000 another shot ?

I haven't heard the PS1000, I had the PS1000e, didn't like it for the reasons I told you.  I'm hoping the PS1000 will be different, and if it betters the LCD-X, I will find a place for it here with the others.  The LCD-X is very neutral, without the Audeze house sound of the other models.  Lots of texture, sparkle, and without the heavy sound and excessive bass.  The PS1000 will have it's chance, I'm hoping I like it as much as I liked the GS1000, even though they both may lack sub bass!

May 11, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #1,909 of 3,605

I look forward to reading your impressions.

By the way, Ilike your avatar, I have this album on vinyl, Loreenna McKennitt is one of my favorites, along with my PS1000.
wink.gif

I have almost all of her albums, even though many songs are redundant.  This album is very good, and did sound very good on the GS1000 when I had it.  I had to return the GS1000 because the seller didn't include the imperfection in the cups in his FS post.  I had the cups keep falling off as well, Grado emailed that I could superglue them back on when I asked them what to do.  They were well used and not in too good of shape, and the seller gave me the option to return them to him for refund.  Glad I was able to find a used pair of PS1000....they are pretty scarce.

May 11, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #1,910 of 3,605

I have almost all of her albums, even though many songs are redundant.  This album is very good, and did sound very good on the GS1000 when I had it.  I had to return the GS1000 because the seller didn't include the imperfection in the cups in his FS post.  I had the cups keep falling off as well, Grado emailed that I could superglue them back on when I asked them what to do.  They were well used and not in too good of shape, and the seller gave me the option to return them to him for refund.  Glad I was able to find a used pair of PS1000....they are pretty scarce.

they can be tough to come by for sure

May 11, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #1,911 of 3,605

I still remember the first time I heard L McKennitt. I was at an audio store with my sister in law, and I heard her voice coming from one of the listening rooms, I went in, and asked the salesman the name of the song, he said it was, Tango To Evora, by Loreena McKennitt,, and handed me the CD. The next day I went and bought every CD that they had of her.

''Supergluthem back on''. Don't you love Grado's stupid replys. I'm sure that if I'd send a message to Grado asking them what I should do to fix my car's driver seat, that keeps sliding back and forth, and won't lock into position. They'd probably reply something like, ''you shoud weld the tracks together''.
wink.gif

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the GS1000, if you want to give them another shot, I could sell you mine. I bought them new, and I still have the original box, with the foam, the 15' extension cable, and the 1/4 to 1/8'' reducer, heck!, the warranty papers don't have one single crease in them. anyway, if you're interrested, just PM me.

This may sound ridiculous but I tend to get attached to some of my things...especially my headphones. That's why I could never bring myself to put my GS1000 up for sale. I'd prefer selling them to an Head-Fi member 

I think that the old GS1000 have the biggest soundstage of all Grados. They're especially good for listening to big venues recordings. I used them primarly for watching concerts on DVDs.

I now have 8 pairs of Grados, and I think that it's time to let some of them go.

May 11, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #1,912 of 3,605
May 11, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #1,913 of 3,605
A suggestion...

They would get lost in your Grado Jungle John!!! No they really should go out to one who is just discovering the joys of Grado, appreciated, loved, respected, not joining a harem, of course that sounds more like Cute, plus they share a love of Loreena:cupid:.

May 12, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #1,914 of 3,605
Looking forward to buying a pair of PS1000 in the next couple of weeks and writing my impressions. Will be finally putting the last piece of my grado puzzle together. For Grado cans I currently own the PS500e, RS2e and MS Pro. Outside of that I own the HE6, AD2000X, T1, K812, TH600. If you couldn't guess I tend to buy brighter headphones bar the PS500 which is not really very bright at all.

May 12, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #1,915 of 3,605

I still remember the first time I heard L McKennitt. I was at an audio store with my sister in law, and I heard her voice coming from one of the listening rooms, I went in, and asked the salesman the name of the song, he said it was, Tango To Evora, by Loreena McKennitt,, and handed me the CD. The next day I went and bought every CD that they had of her.

''Supergluthem back on''. Don't you love Grado's stupid replys. I'm sure that if I'd send a message to Grado asking them what I should do to fix my car's driver seat, that keeps sliding back and forth, and won't lock into position. They'd probably reply something like, ''you shoud weld the tracks together''.
wink.gif

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the GS1000, if you want to give them another shot, I could sell you mine. I bought them new, and I still have the original box, with the foam, the 15' extension cable, and the 1/4 to 1/8'' reducer, heck!, the warranty papers don't have one single crease in them. anyway, if you're interrested, just PM me.

This may sound ridiculous but I tend to get attached to some of my things...especially my headphones. That's why I could never bring myself to put my GS1000 up for sale. I'd prefer selling them to an Head-Fi member 

I think that the old GS1000 have the biggest soundstage of all Grados. They're especially good for listening to big venues recordings. I used them primarly for watching concerts on DVDs.

I now have 8 pairs of Grados, and I think that it's time to let some of them go.

How would you compare the PS1000 to the GS1000 other than the weight difference?

May 12, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #1,916 of 3,605

I can't wait too hear your impressions either.

I haven't heard the PS1000, I had the PS1000e, didn't like it for the reasons I told you.  Lots of texture, sparkle, and without the heavy sound and excessive bass.  

If you don't mind , what was the reason for not liking the PS1Ke?
When I had the LCD-X I found none of these qualities in them, with the exception of excessive bass, which I didn't find to be of quality, this is why I can't wait too hear your impressions. Of course this is just my opinion.

May 12, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #1,918 of 3,605
Looking forward to buying a pair of PS1000 in the next couple of weeks and writing my impressions. Will be finally putting the last piece of my grado puzzle together. For Grado cans I currently own the PS500e, RS2e and MS Pro. Outside of that I own the HE6, AD2000X, T1, K812, TH600. If you couldn't guess I tend to buy brighter headphones bar the PS500 which is not really very bright at all.

I loaned my PS500e out prior to getting my PS1000, I am looking forward to reading your impressions, as well as experiencing some of my own!

May 12, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #1,919 of 3,605

I loaned my PS500e out prior to getting my PS1000, I am looking forward to reading your impressions, as well as experiencing some of my own!

Hey Kevin,  How do the PS1000 compare so far to the PS500e?

May 12, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #1,920 of 3,605
Hey Kevin,  How do the PS1000 compare so far to the PS500e?

From memory, the 500e have been on loan since the 1k arrived, so not direct. The 500e has a more intimate soundstage, the treble is more laid back and I think they may be a tiny bit more bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back