post your grado mods....
Apr 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #2,178 of 8,992
Anyone interested in buying some ms1i's ill take $75 have box and all if you want that. i did like 3 mods i punched 1 hole out each ear i did the blu-tac mod and i used felt to line the inside the cups all reversible. i bought these in i think december and kind of rather have the $ right now they're in good shape have comfies on them. I know this isnt the place to post this but i wasnt getting any feedback or many views on the for sale section so let me know. 

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #2,179 of 8,992
Hello again folks!
I have a couple of days off, so...the modding itch was a beast...I changed the cups of my Grados with woodies self made. The sound...i have no idea right now because the glue is still fresh...i can't wait to hear them later tough :))
As i promised, THE PICTURES :)

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #2,182 of 8,992
Thanx for watching, any comments and critiques are welcome 
gs1000.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2,183 of 8,992
wow...

did a great job! look fantastic! hope it sounds as good as it looks!

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #2,184 of 8,992
Just wondering, after I modded my previous MS1i to MS1000i, I was able to play it at my desired volume.

The sound just cracks at the top end or when it gets busy.

I was amping it with Mustang, DACport, Schitt Valhalla and Burson HA160.
Voyager was the only amp that works with it.

However, I've sold all my amps except DACport, sold the MS1000i about a year ago.

I'm itching to start something again with another set of Grado or Alessandro. But I don't want to end up with the same problem I faced previously.

So, I am wondering, what was wrong, or was I pushing the limit of the drivers with the volume?

Apr 26, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #2,190 of 8,992
It'd be easy to do, but you would need batteries within the cups, too. If you used low drop LEDs and big resistors, you could potentially use little lithium button batteries and have them last pretty much forever. I understand it's aesthetic, but I have a feeling it'd be a lot more work than it'd be worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back