post your grado mods....
Apr 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #2,146 of 8,990

Quote:
@Lessthanpower - For my grills I destroyed a sieve, as it's actually rather difficult to find loose woven wire mesh sheets in general. But sieves can easily be found in the £1 shop (or $1/[size=small]€1 etc [/size]depending on where you are in the world). The metal wasn't as shiny or thick as the sr225i but it worked really well.

Thanks GreQ. Exactly the kind of advice I was looking for.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #2,147 of 8,990
My Grado 60i's...
Dyed black HD414 Quarter Mod pads
Beyer headband
Single-cable modded
8 holes punched for drivers
Dynamat on top of magnet
Hand-sanded & repainted everything. Made the part with "Grado Series" shiny black and the rest of the cup is sanded "dry" as well as the gimbals & a bunch of other ****. Sanded the "L and R"'s off the side and made that dry black too.
black aluminum mesh that I cut out from some paper organizer I bought at walmart
i also redid the cable and put a neutrik 3.5 cable on one side and have nylon braided cable (which I need to redo because it's semi-sloppy)
lotsa work.. i'm done though.

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #2,148 of 8,990
greetings from sydney

photos arent the best but here are a few pics of my modified SR60i which has the following mods:

* replaced pleather headband with a leather Manta headband from HeadphoneLounge :D thanks jinteddy7
* driver vented 3 holes
* blu-tak mod on back plate
* removed plastic button
* replaced plastic grill with metal one

really pleased with the replacement leather headband, the work is top notch, stitching & padding is excellent.

i highly recommend all grado prestige series owners to replace their stock headband with a Manta.

Apr 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #2,149 of 8,990
When the time comes, I plan on recabeling my MS2i's I did the single detach with my sr80i's, but I don't think I'll do that this time. I might go for what GM325i did to his over on page 142. 
Looks like it'll be another fun adventure!

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #2,150 of 8,990

Quote:
greetings from sydney
photos arent the best but here are a few pics of my modified SR60i which has the following mods:
* replaced pleather headband with a leather Manta headband from HeadphoneLounge
biggrin.gif
thanks jinteddy7
* driver vented 3 holes
* blu-tak mod on back plate
* removed plastic button
* replaced plastic grill with metal one
really pleased with the replacement leather headband, the work is top notch, stitching & padding is excellent.
i highly recommend all grado prestige series owners to replace their stock headband with a Manta.

Thanks for the pics of the hybrid mantas =) glad you like them =) 

Jin

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #2,151 of 8,990
Has anybody seen these cups on ebay?
$50 for woodies?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grado-SR-60i-80i-125i-325i-RS1-RS2-Headphone-Walnut-Wood-Cups-/251038914984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7315d9a8

(not in any way affiliated with this ebay ad).

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #2,153 of 8,990

Quote:
Wow!  I really like the two color headband.  I just ordered one but never saw the option for the hybrid mantas??  
confused_face(1).gif

They were actually prototypes which i then decided against on selling it and wanted it to be a "limited release" for this coming halloween. I was surprised when there were requests for a custom headband which looked exactly the same as the ones i had. I let them go because the customers were exceptionally nice to me =) haha. I don't usually do custom work even more so now that i am working from 9am - 10pm (or later)  as a graphic designer during the weekdays. Not to worry, i did have some other headbands made for halloween but they are not two tone though.

cheers,

Jin

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #2,156 of 8,990

Quote:
Has anybody seen these cups on ebay?
$50 for woodies?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grado-SR-60i-80i-125i-325i-RS1-RS2-Headphone-Walnut-Wood-Cups-/251038914984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7315d9a8

(not in any way affiliated with this ebay ad).

would like to know too.. the woody cups looks good and cheap.. anyone?

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #2,158 of 8,990

Quote:
Your head hits the rod blocks?

I believe the idea was to emulate the temporal pad system of the Koss PortaPro in order to alleviate pressure on the ears and improve comfort

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #2,160 of 8,990

Quote:
That was a very beautiful sentence. But I got it thanks

This is what happens when I go on Head-fi when I'm doing my English homework 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back