post your grado mods....
Aug 18, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #766 of 8,987
I figured it was something like that. Well I removed one layer of screen and the headphones do sound different. The openings are much bigger now. More bass as well.

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #767 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I figured it was something like that. Well I removed one layer of screen and the headphones do sound different. The openings are much bigger now. More bass as well.

You're welcome!

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #768 of 8,987
Thanks man, I didn't know the screen had such an effect on them. I figured thinner screen would be better since there would be more air flow. Thanks again.

Any other tips?

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #769 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks man, I didn't know the screen had such an effect on them. I figured thinner screen would be better since there would be more air flow. Thanks again.

Any other tips?

Chicken wire would sound good! The key is the hole to metal ratio. More hole is Mo better!

Aug 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #770 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyhong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what I spent a productive day at work doing
smily_headphones1.gif
Hauled in a bag of tools and got to work
wink.gif

picture188p.jpg

etc http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4053/picture190.jpg[/img]
etc http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7750/picture192.jpg[/img]
etc http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8730/picture191y.jpg[/img]

Just the ol' mesh replacement, recable, single sterio plug from the phones and rod lock

Redid these yesterday,

picture012xwv.jpg

Put the splitter back in (swiftcraft barrel) and stripped plastic tubing off the cable- it was heavy and annoying. These are now my portable pair
smily_headphones1.gif

To recable tomorrow maybe,

picture013twg.jpg

Frankensteinnut rod lock so far

Aug 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #771 of 8,987
Pooh, hardcore screw diameter
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #773 of 8,987
I want to see some modded HF-2s! Already, someone have the courage!

Aug 19, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #774 of 8,987
^ I am asking myself what is there to mod? The headband is great and the cups are gorgeous. Only the cable can be replaced.

Aug 19, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #775 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I am asking myself what is there to mod? The headband is great and the cups are gorgeous. Only the cable can be replaced.

The cable is the new 8-wire too, is it not? Just needs metal adjustment blocks. Oh, and maybe machine the face again and correct the Head-F1 screw up.
icon10.gif

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #777 of 8,987
I'm sure some of you will notice that there are several posts now gone in this thread. I will remind everyone that selling anything in the general forums is prohibited and furthermore that Members of the Trade are not permitted to discuss or promote the items that they sell in the open forums. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but those are the rules.

Aug 20, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #778 of 8,987
Does dampening the drivers really make a significant difference? Also, is it worth re cabling my SR225i's when the cord is an 8-conductor cable? I can only find 4-conductor Cardas cables, so it seems like it would only be a downgrade.

Are there any other mods that improve the sound noticeably, and aren't to hard on the old wallet?

Thanks!

Mark

Aug 20, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #779 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does dampening the drivers really make a significant difference? Also, is it worth re cabling my SR225i's when the cord is an 8-conductor cable? I can only find 4-conductor Cardas cables, so it seems like it would only be a downgrade.

Are there any other mods that improve the sound noticeably, and aren't to hard on the old wallet?

Thanks!

Mark

My opinion? The biggest difference comes from Pad modz and Grill changes. Make the Grill disappear and the sound will improve. Goof with the pads and you get a lot of change. Cables, do what you want there, and then decide what you want about whether anything changed. The Goop mod to the back of the driver can't hurt and it's cheap and a must do if you open them IMHO.

Aug 20, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #780 of 8,987
So could we realistically go mesh-less? Or would too much dust accumulate? Or maybe someone could make a slip cover for the cups so that when they're not in use, the drivers don't accumulate dust.... Fatman711, I'm looking at you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back