post your grado mods....
Jun 30, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #77 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajt976
I personally prefer the spoon method. You use a tapered spoon (in my case a fork
biggrin.gif
) and use it to wedge the two cups apart. Just lay the spoon flat in the gap and push up on the fat end of the spoon. Here's a couple of pictures that might help illustrate the process.

Did you use a blowdryer also to warm up the glue?

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #78 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by masan
Did you use a blowdryer also to warm up the glue?

I didn't, but you can...it would probably help. I was really just paranoid about putting heat to the driver itself, but it's probably no big deal.

Regarding headbands, I haven't tried the Beyer pad but would like to. I currently use the HD-580 headband cushion on my MS-2i's. You can see one here. The headband had an application of leather conditioner to protect it and the pad itself is held on there with double sided tape. It works pretty well, though I'd still like to try the Beyer pad.

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #80 of 8,992
I'm thinking about ordering these fan filters to replace my damaged plastic grill....but it doesn't look too easy to custimize them to fit.

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #81 of 8,992
Quote:

I'm thinking about ordering these fan filters to replace my damaged plastic grill....but it doesn't look too easy to custimize them to fit.

Do you have pair of tin snips? That's what I used. Also, do you have an old car speaker grill or something? I used a sub grill and they worked great, plus it was cheap (like free
biggrin.gif
)!

And I'd imagine you could order the Beyer DT770 pad directly from Beyer. I'm not for sure on this, but that would be the place I'd go to first.

EDIT: Also, masan I've got some left-over silver wire mesh that RnB180 sent me. I could send you some if you'd like. PM me if you want some.

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #82 of 8,992
Quote:

Alternatively, you could use a silver steel mesh material from a steel mesh drawer organizer box. I found them at Bed Bath and Beyond for $5. I have seen similar items at office supply stores like Staples.

I cut out and shaped two circular disks from the bottom of the mesh box with my Dremel tool and then inserted it in place of the stock plastic one. I used black silicon adhesive to hold it in place. The result makes my SR-60 look like the SR-225. I can't really accurately comment on any sonic effects since I waited a long time between dismantling my SR-60 and finding a suitable screen material to replace the stock plastic screen. Also, my headband is broken so I can't really listen to the headphones correctly.

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #83 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajt976
EDIT: Also, masan I've got some left-over silver wire mesh that RnB180 sent me. I could send you some if you'd like. PM me if you want some.

Oh wow, that would be great. PM Sent.

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #84 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69
Also, my headband is broken so I can't really listen to the headphones correctly.

You should try and do Bower's mod, here's the link. It would look rock awesome!
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #85 of 8,992
ajt976, do you mind posting a picture of what the grill looks like on your headphones?

Jun 30, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #86 of 8,992
No problem, here's what they ended up looking like.

24594SR125_mod.jpg

I liked the 'sub grill' screen better. I like the black over the silver mesh on these cans because the lettering was rubbed off (and now all sanded down
biggrin.gif
). I think they turned out allright...next up, detach mod!
cool.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #88 of 8,992
ajt976 -

That's a great looking headphone! It really would be perfect with detachable cable. If you go that route, I hope you can find black plugs & jacks to complete the look.

Grado should consider offering a limited edition "hot rod" version, like what you have done. That would be pretty cool!

- augustwest

Jun 30, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #89 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
ajt976 -

That's a great looking headphone! It really would be perfect with detachable cable. If you go that route, I hope you can find black plugs & jacks to complete the look.

Grado should consider offering a limited edition "hot rod" version, like what you have done. That would be pretty cool!

- augustwest

LOL he does have the jacks detachable. It is a one sided cable. Right ajt976?

As for the screens I used were just like screen from a hardware store. My friend got like 70 feet of it for like 3 bucks.

I think that we get some of those spinners shoes and take the rims off. Then put them on some metal grados. That would be so pimp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back