post your grado mods....
Apr 2, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #7,651 of 8,988
Quote:
Excuse my hurry and this is might be the wrong thread but I broke the tilter clamp on the left driver of my SR60e. Any solution that doesn't require me spending for a new pair?

There are after market gimbals on Ebay, do a search for Grado, they look like this:

the rod blocks and headband are also available to be changed

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #7,653 of 8,988
Excuse my hurry and this is might be the wrong thread but I broke the tilter clamp on the left driver of my SR60e. Any solution that doesn't require me spending for a new pair?

If you're in the US, you can contact Grado directly. They usually happily send a replacement for free.

Apr 3, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #7,654 of 8,988

Send Grado an email telling them that the gimbal broke.  They will ask for your address and most likely send you a new pair.  They did that for me.
Cheap, only a stamp for the email...

If that doesn't work let me know...I have several spares.

-retox

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #7,655 of 8,988
Does anyone have a pair of extra rods sitting around that I can buy from them? I have a set of original SR80 cups and drivers incoming to mate to a headband and gimbels from a dead SR60 I have but I have lost the rods.

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #7,656 of 8,988

Impedance and Phase.

Impulse Response.

Frequency Response.

Cumulative Spectral Decay

Total Harmonic Distortion

Just purchased a Nhoord my self, happy to hear the lively treble and forgiving mid range, pair'd with a fuller bass! I got them mostly to use with my 3DS, which appreciates a little extra decay and some forgiveness [it's not the greatest source in the galaxy] I'm also staged to give a Magnum v7 build a listen! Which I'm excited for, especially given that I'll have both my HE 4 and the Nhoord to compare it with. The Ypsilon graphs looks beautiful! I'd love to get a chance to hear them eventually, but for now I think I'll be content with my Nhoord and I'll enjoy listening to the Magnum v7 ^^, as much as I might want a Ypsilon, it looks like it's very simmilar to my HE 4 [but portable] so it might not do me as much good as a much more "fun" open back will 

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #7,657 of 8,988
  Just purchased a Nhoord my self, happy to hear the lively treble and forgiving mid range, pair'd with a fuller bass! I got them mostly to use with my 3DS, which appreciates a little extra decay and some forgiveness [it's not the greatest source in the galaxy] I'm also staged to give a Magnum v7 build a listen! Which I'm excited for, especially given that I'll have both my HE 4 and the Nhoord to compare it with. The Ypsilon graphs looks beautiful! I'd love to get a chance to hear them eventually, but for now I think I'll be content with my Nhoord and I'll enjoy listening to the Magnum v7 ^^, as much as I might want a Ypsilon, it looks like it's very simmilar to my HE 4 [but portable] so it might not do me as much good as a much more "fun" open back will 

You should really consider the new Epsilon R1's, in a pair of well made RS1 clone cups with L-Cush they easily compete with headphones costing 10 times more.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #7,658 of 8,988

You should really consider the new Epsilon R1's, in a pair of well made RS1 clone cups with L-Cush they easily compete with headphones costing 10 times more.

well I read through almost all of the Nhoord thread, and I have to say the orignal driver build I got, has more efficiency and a more forgiving warmer sound, which is ideal for what I need! My 3DS isn't a good source, but I REALLY like the music of Monster Hunter, so I try to get a nice sound either way. I don't listen much with open backs outside of my home, and if I'm outside my HD 25-1 II sourced and eq'd out of my RockBoxed HM601 is hard to beat, at home my HE 4 is also hard to beat. Though, depending on how work goes I might grab a pair! 

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #7,663 of 8,988
Hello Forum 
normal_smile .gif
this is my first post here, be gentle to me.
This is my little mod, but i'm not done yet. I don't know with the G Cushion, the comfot and style is nice, but the sound...
DSCF1300.jpg

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #7,665 of 8,988
  Hello Forum 
normal_smile .gif
this is my first post here, be gentle to me.
This is my little mod, but i'm not done yet. I don't know with the G Cushion, the comfot and style is nice, but the sound...
DSCF1300.jpg

sorry, but I couldn't access the picture.

using the G pad with the lower end Grado's may or may not work for some.  I got one pair original G pads but find I like the cheap imitations betters since they are just a bit softer and give a slight boost to the low end, FYI, all my Grado and clones are modded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back