post your grado mods....
Feb 9, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #4,669 of 8,992

There's a vendor on Ebay that sells the components to mount the grey Beyerdynamic onto the discs which adhere to the Grado cups.  The cost is $99.00 though.  I'm not sure if the pads are included.

He now has his own site and the price is reduced on the beyerdynamics and he has other pads that rest on your ears instead of around them for even less.  I worked directly with him to verify that his pads/adaptors would fit my RS2i and they do just fine.  I'll post a review of the sound and comfort after I've had a chance to try them for a while.

http://gradocomfypads.host56.com/

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #4,670 of 8,992
  He now has his own site and the price is reduced on the beyerdynamics and he has other pads that rest on your ears instead of around them for even less.  I worked directly with him to verify that his pads/adaptors would fit my RS2i and they do just fine.  I'll post a review of the sound and comfort after I've had a chance to try them for a while.

http://gradocomfypads.host56.com/

I almost traded a set of wood cups to this guy for a set of those pads. He said he wanted to trade but never got back to me. My ears are suffering from the grado pads.

Please post your review of these pads.

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #4,671 of 8,992
Anybody here use a Auvio headband? Does it work with regular grado cups without too much modification?

I'm looking into commissioning a woody build from somebody, getting an Auvio strap and running either the PX100 II drivers or the magnum driver depending on how much the cups are gonna cost...

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #4,672 of 8,992
Scraping might not be so bad. Just use the right material. Plastic is great for this. I have a set of sharp plastic tipped pry bars from the lab at work that are great for that, although I've had similar results from a plastic knife (as in the eating utensil).

Yoiu might also try some goo-gone or a single drop of acetone in a cotton ball to see if it helps dissolve it. I know acetone is really only the solution for cyanoacetate glues but it'll often loosen just about any clear or white glue provided the glue is cured for a while.

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #4,673 of 8,992
Anybody here use a Auvio headband? Does it work with regular grado cups without too much modification?

I'm looking into commissioning a woody build from somebody, getting an Auvio strap and running either the PX100 II drivers or the magnum driver depending on how much the cups are gonna cost...

It works great actually...no mods necessary. You just need to take the cups off and snip the wiring.

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #4,675 of 8,992
The Urbanears Platan have a similar headband, and I have found some dodgy no-name brands that do as well. Never fear :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #4,676 of 8,992
The Urbanears Platan have a similar headband, and I have found some dodgy no-name brands that do as well. Never fear
smily_headphones1.gif

How much did the Urbanears cost you?

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #4,678 of 8,992
If you guys had to choose, which is the best option...

SR80's with a new headband for 115ish

Px100 ii drivers in a wood cup for about 150
Or
Turbulent x drivers in a wood cup for like 230

Which is the best deal/ sonic differences

Users who are viewing this thread

Back