post your grado mods....
Feb 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #4,682 of 8,992
That's interesting.. I thought it would be a unanimous vote for the turbulents lol
If I'm correct, those are the new version of the magnums

I have the Magnum V4 and have been comparing the PX 100's against the magnums for the last couple of weeks. While I still like the Magnums I give the nod to the Sens.

You are correct.

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #4,683 of 8,992
[/IMG]
Aluminum gimbals. These babies are really starting to get there for me. The weight just feels right and the durability is more than obvious. Yes, I am starting to reach the point of no return, but it comes with its own rewards! Lol many many thanks to PintoDave who must have put hours and hours in to building and polishing these rings, but man do I love 'em!'n

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #4,685 of 8,992
  I have the Magnum V4 and have been comparing the PX 100's against the magnums for the last couple of weeks. While I still like the Magnums I give the nod to the Sens.

You are correct.

7Keys,  Thanks for coming over to the dark side.  The PX100 drivers were on sale prior to the holiday and some vendors went back to $69.  Amazon, J&R, etc. are still down under $50.  I think I need to splurge for a few more as I have some spare cups and was debating whether to spend $160 (2 @ $79, + tax) for two new pair of the SR-60i from Grado.  It seems like the market on this forum for various Grado parts (drivers, mainly) has dried up.  On Ebay, quite a few auctions for the 60s and 80s end up $10 to $15 under a new pair @ retail.

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #4,686 of 8,992
Aluminum gimbals. These babies are really starting to get there for me. The weight just feels right and the durability is more than obvious. Yes, I am starting to reach the point of no return, but it comes with its own rewards! Lol many many thanks to PintoDave who must have put hours and hours in to building and polishing these rings, but man do I love 'em!'n

Your cups with the aluminum gimbals look excellent!

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #4,687 of 8,992
A visit from Jim the turner again today...

A pair of closed back Paduaks for me, notched for easy driver swapping and experimenting (going to be trying them with Platan, KSC75 and PX100 ii drivers):

A pair of nice Zebrawoods too:

And this is Australian Myrtle. I really like the proportions on the design, and the wood has a nice color to it.

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #4,689 of 8,992
Thanks wje...indeed, every time we talk I tell him a little more, and the next time we speak he has something new...

He called me the other day proudly proclaiming he had just received his first pair of SR80 headphones. He had ordered them to "...see what all the fuss was about..." His only comment was "WOW!"

He loves them.

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #4,690 of 8,992
Your cups with the aluminum gimbals look excellent!
Thank you! I know we have all heard it beat to death, but after going through 3 plastic gimbals, all coming in various states of angle, when the opportunity arose for a handmade set of quite heavy duty, I jumped for joy. The polished alum contrasts really nicely with the dark mahogany too. Only thing is, I said I'd stop there......now I'm perusing the driver options.....

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #4,691 of 8,992
[attach]1038026[/attach]
Aluminum gimbals. These babies are really starting to get there for me. The weight just feels right and the durability is more than obvious. Yes, I am starting to reach the point of no return, but it comes with its own rewards! Lol many many thanks to PintoDave who must have put hours and hours in to building and polishing these rings, but man do I love 'em!'n[/quote]

Those are fantastic...they look a great deal more durable than Martin's too...although I have never owned either, so its hard to say for sure.

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #4,692 of 8,992

7Keys,  Thanks for coming over to the dark side.  The PX100 drivers were on sale prior to the holiday and some vendors went back to $69.  Amazon, J&R, etc. are still down under $50.  I think I need to splurge for a few more as I have some spare cups and was debating whether to spend $160 (2 @ $79, + tax) for two new pair of the SR-60i from Grado.  It seems like the market on this forum for various Grado parts (drivers, mainly) has dried up.  On Ebay, quite a few auctions for the 60s and 80s end up $10 to $15 under a new pair @ retail.

Yes, but for some reason I have a hard time admitting I like the Sens more., maybe it will get easer with time.

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #4,694 of 8,992
[attach]1038026[/attach]
Aluminum gimbals. These babies are really starting to get there for me. The weight just feels right and the durability is more than obvious. Yes, I am starting to reach the point of no return, but it comes with its own rewards! Lol many many thanks to PintoDave who must have put hours and hours in to building and polishing these rings, but man do I love 'em!'n[/quote]

Really love this. May I ask where you got the gimbals from? They would look great on my SR325is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back