post your grado mods....
Sep 25, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #8,446 of 8,988
IMG_20180923_155505247.jpg

Love that my GS2000e is back after being modded for detachable cables. Now that I've put everything else together, I am loving the way they look!

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #8,448 of 8,988
Added additional round Neodimum magnets N52 (the strongest grade) on the back of the driver caps, south pole upwards. I experimented with several sizes and the final verdict was based on the sound quality. I tried 8*2, 10*1, 10*2, 10*3, 12*1, 14*8, 15*1 (diameter * thickness in mm) and the 10*3 worked best. What magnets actually do: they affect the mids and highs and upgraded the resolution, the detail, the sesitivity, and the response speed in that frequency region. An overal improvement, which is far from subtle. With bigger and stronger magnets the mids and highs became too agressive for my taste.
This sounds very interesting! I'm wondering about the sound difference!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #8,449 of 8,988
Today I received my Cocobolo/Nhoord build from the master craftsman fleasbaby. One word: BEAUTIFUL!!

What you see at this point are:
fleasbaby cups
Nhoord Red drivers
Beautiful Audio Gray Merino cushions

Future adds are:
Shipibo bead blasted gimbals and rod blocks
Either a Wooden Records or a Spin AF headband

They sound better than they look. Thank you fleasbaby!

PICT0006.jpg
PICT0012.jpg

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #8,450 of 8,988
Today I received my Cocobolo/Nhoord build from the master craftsman fleasbaby. One word: BEAUTIFUL!!

What you see at this point are:
fleasbaby cups
Nhoord Red drivers
Beautiful Audio Gray Merino cushions

Future adds are:
Shipibo bead blasted gimbals and rod blocks
Either a Wooden Records or a Spin AF headband

They sound better than they look. Thank you fleasbaby!

Thabks for the kind words!

Oct 5, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #8,452 of 8,988
Here is another fleasbaby masterpiece! I just received it today. Thanks to mgh24 for the cable and initial assembly and to fleasbaby for the beautiful cups and final fitment.

fleasbaby purple heart wood cups
R1 drivers
Beautiful Audio Merino pads
mgh24 hand made cable

I have Shipibo gimbals and rod blocks inbound. I will post pictures on the R1 thread when it is done.

PICT0021.jpg PICT0024.jpg

Oct 5, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #8,453 of 8,988
Here is another fleasbaby masterpiece! I just received it today. Thanks to mgh24 for the cable and initial assembly and to fleasbaby for the beautiful cups and final fitment.

fleasbaby purple heart wood cups
R1 drivers
Beautiful Audio Merino pads
mgh24 hand made cable

I have Shipibo gimbals and rod blocks inbound. I will post pictures on the R1 thread when it is done.

@Geezer Rock 001 Thank you for the kind words...I made the outside face extra wide. If you need it reduced, let me know, I'd be happy to handle that, no charge.

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #8,454 of 8,988

Holy christ those cups are gorgeous. Does the extra wide face change the interior dimensions at all?

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #8,455 of 8,988
Holy christ those cups are gorgeous. Does the extra wide face change the interior dimensions at all?

No...standard interior dimensions, just extra mass on the outside.

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #8,456 of 8,988
I asked fleasbaby for lots of purple heart on the cup exterior. They were done as a tribute to a WW II veteran friend who passed away recently. He earned the Purple Heart medal in December 1943 when his B 24 bomber was shot down over northern Italy. If you look closely, you can see an adjustment wheel that was sent to us by an 80 year old man who took it off of his bomber, Red Wing before it was hauled away by the Germans. His dog tag is attached to the green ribbon.

RIP my friend.

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #8,459 of 8,988
Thanks!

oh btw, "ShipiboAudio" (on Etsy) finally made new stock of cups! Some of them looks fantastic in my opinion.

Agreed, his stuff does look really nice. Got the best mental image from this sentence in the rodblocks description tho:

"Using EDM technology allowed us to improve the [...] precision of build greatly"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back