post your grado mods....
Aug 6, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #5,223 of 8,992
  Heads up, Auvio headphones are on sale for $15 at RShack: or is that regular pricing?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=22366296&utm_campaign=pid22366296&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=ProductPage&utm_content=OptionsBlack

Hmn Tempting to get this then some Turbulent X, then I dont even need to pull my sr80's apart haha.
Then kind of defeats the point of posting in here as there would be literally no grado in them lol

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #5,224 of 8,992
My cups just arrived from Malaysia! Stunning!!

If anyone is looking for some amazing looking cups for real cheap look it up Headphoneku Fammate on facebook, this guy is super awesome! Very friendly and great prices.

Got this for $90 including international shipping via DHL to South Africa. I have no filiation with them, just thought that a real good seller should be recognized. 

If i was to say anything is that the cups did not come with adhesive foam for a snug fit, but who cares right? 

The cups are Malaysian Tamarind Spalted Wood. They feel very solid and the workmanship is superb. Haven't installed yet, gonna take my time with my sr225e for about 2 to 3 weeks. Than I will write a review on the 225e with and without the wood mod. 

awe

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #5,225 of 8,992

The cups are Malaysian Tamarind Spalted Wood. They feel very solid and the workmanship is superb. Haven't installed yet, gonna take my time with my sr225e for about 2 to 3 weeks. Than I will write a review on the 225e with and without the wood mod. 

awe

Those look fantastic! Unique

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #5,228 of 8,992
  My cups just arrived from Malaysia! Stunning!!

If anyone is looking for some amazing looking cups for real cheap look it up Headphoneku Fammate on facebook, this guy is super awesome! Very friendly and great prices.

Got this for $90 including international shipping via DHL to South Africa. I have no filiation with them, just thought that a real good seller should be recognized. 

If i was to say anything is that the cups did not come with adhesive foam for a snug fit, but who cares right? 

awe

that's a great price! I'm going to message him now. thanks for the recommendation

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #5,229 of 8,992

No - a 'slip on' is just a replacement for the larger outer cup. You can fit them without 'liberating' the Grado driver from the inner plastic sleeve section of the cup.

Fitting vibro cups is a little more involved (although still pretty easy, in my experience). there's a video showing the process here: http://turbulentlabs.com/film/view/

is there anyone selling slip on shells anymore? I'm interested in getting some potentially. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #5,231 of 8,992

that's a great price! I'm going to message him now. thanks for the recommendation

Sure man...

He's quite a cool dude... let me know what cups you chose for yourself.

He's got a website as well http://www.headphoneku.com . But as far as i understand the cups are not that well updated in there, so just check his facebook page or ask him what his got on stock. 

Once i chose the wood i wanted he sent me pics of all of his stock on that style so i could choose exactly the cups i wanted. What a champ!!

awe

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #5,233 of 8,992
  Sure man...

He's quite a cool dude... let me know what cups you chose for yourself.

He's got a website as well http://www.headphoneku.com . But as far as i understand the cups are not that well updated in there, so just check his facebook page or ask him what his got on stock. 

Once i chose the wood i wanted he sent me pics of all of his stock on that style so i could choose exactly the cups i wanted. What a champ!!

awe

Ooooh...he has aluminium half-cups...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back