post your grado mods....
Aug 14, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #5,246 of 8,992
Ok So I popped 2 holes in the back, thats about it as far as the mods go.
I might do the good old quarter mod after I have some lunch/get some actual work done (working from home lol).

I dont have any photo's that do these beautiful cups from 7Keys any justice, but I will take some later with an actual camera in decent light.

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #5,249 of 8,992
I guess my question is now, if I wanted to go the Turbulent X drivers later, how the heck do you get the drivers out of the wood cups lol.

I used some double sided tape to get them nice and snug.

Bit scary, oh well, I will enjoy the 80 drivers for a little while yet :)

From what I have read, the Turbulent drivers might be a little TOO refined for me.
I do love that grado grunt.

These cups by 7Keys are great.  The combo of the Madagascar Ebony Cups, 2 Holes in the dampening in the back of teh driver and the quarter mod is giving me a lovely warm sound.  Dare I say it perhaps even a little too smooth/laid back up top.  Not something I thought I would ever say about a grado after coming from the likes of my LCD2 haha.

Loving these little things.

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #5,250 of 8,992
  I guess my question is now, if I wanted to go the Turbulent X drivers later, how the heck do you get the drivers out of the wood cups lol.

I used some double sided tape to get them nice and snug.

Bit scary, oh well, I will enjoy the 80 drivers for a little while yet :)

From what I have read, the Turbulent drivers might be a little TOO refined for me.
I do love that grado grunt.

These cups by 7Keys are great.  The combo of the Madagascar Ebony Cups, 2 Holes in the dampening in the back of teh driver and the quarter mod is giving me a lovely warm sound.  Dare I say it perhaps even a little too smooth/laid back up top.  Not something I thought I would ever say about a grado after coming from the likes of my LCD2 haha.

Loving these little things.

When I put drivers in those cups I just use electric tape wrapped around the drivers so you can push them out through the grill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back