post your grado mods....
Nov 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #4,291 of 8,992
So I gave the whole gimbal / headband system some thought today. I doubt I'm going to design anything similar to what Grado or the "other guy" makes. I'm thinking of something more like a clamshell design that would clamp around the cups. Does anyone have outer diameter measurements of Grado cups? I would assume that they change depending on whether they're wood, plastic, or aluminum.

Not sure how much CAD work I'll get done tonight....a little burned out from doing it all day at work today. I think you guys will like what I have in mind though.

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #4,292 of 8,992
So I gave the whole gimbal / headband system some thought today. I doubt I'm going to design anything similar to what Grado or the "other guy" makes. I'm thinking of something more like a clamshell design that would clamp around the cups. Does anyone have outer diameter measurements of Grado cups? I would assume that they change depending on whether they're wood, plastic, or aluminum.

Not sure how much CAD work I'll get done tonight....a little burned out from doing it all day at work today. I think you guys will like what I have in mind though.

Can I get a ticket on this train?

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #4,293 of 8,992
Can I get a ticket on this train?

Of course. My thought is that I'll have a pair or two made for myself and possibly a few others if people are interested. I deal with a few shops that could make them so once it's done I'll send them out for quote and let you know what they'll cost. My cost is your cost.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #4,294 of 8,992
Of course. My thought is that I'll have a pair or two made for myself and possibly a few others if people are interested. I deal with a few shops that could make them so once it's done I'll send them out for quote and let you know what they'll cost. My cost is your cost.

I'm interested too!! But I'm from Singapore. Will international shipping be an issue?
Nonetheless, nice gimbals !!
Good job

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #4,297 of 8,992

I'll gladly take a spot if it's available

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #4,298 of 8,992
Me too, one of my Grados is coming off the market.

But which one? I keep pming you about the 325 but never get a reply

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #4,300 of 8,992
Me too please! Don't have time to make my own out of limba, which would easily break anyways!

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #4,302 of 8,992
Here's a big ol' tip of the cap to Grado. Got my 225 drivers back yesterday (from sending them to be repaired for broken voice coil leads). Instead of repairing my old drivers, the ones I've gotten back are a fresh pair. The nicks on the housing and holes in the mesh are gone. This is a totally new pair of drivers that were sent in return for a minimal repair fee. Love this brand. 

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #4,303 of 8,992
  Here's a big ol' tip of the cap to Grado. Got my 225 drivers back yesterday (from sending them to be repaired for broken voice coil leads). Instead of repairing my old drivers, the ones I've gotten back are a fresh pair. The nicks on the housing and holes in the mesh are gone. This is a totally new pair of drivers that were sent in return for a minimal repair fee. Love this brand. 

good to know!  nice

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #4,304 of 8,992

I'd also like to join this venture if possible. 

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #4,305 of 8,992

that's ... amazing. and now i'm sad i threw out a set of drivers that failed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back