Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 28, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #12,242 of 37,644
No reason to use batteries, just remember to plug in before you leave the house.

May 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #12,246 of 37,644
  Call me crazy but, I actually want those.  

You Crazy, man! 
cool.gif

May 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #12,247 of 37,644
I didn't think the original Solo worked with the iPad 4? Are you just using the standard apple cable from iPad into the Solo? Also are you feeding the solo into the ibasso DAC or AMP.

Yep it "Hand Shakes" just fine mate as does the iphone 5.

I'm running a coax out to coax in on the DB2. ( Dac ) Then a balanced line from Dac to amp.

Here's what I know to work with the original Solo.......

iPod 7th gen
IPhone 3GS
Iphone 4
IPhone 4s
iPod nano 4/5 gen (?)
iPad 4 and iPad mini.

Using the original apple lightning cable but getting something a bit better looking soon.

As for the DB2.......

Take a coax from the Solo to the DB2 then a balance connector from your DB2 to your balanced amp of choice.
When I tried both the solo and the boomslang in a single ended face off through my main hifi, it was very close with variations in sound but none better than the other.

I haven't heard the DX50 yet but I imagine a balanced signal path from end to end can only be a good thing!!!

IIRC Rudi has all three ( iBasso dx50 , boomslang db2 and the pelican pb2... )
Maybe our friend Rudi could chime in on this also?

Anyway hope this all helps mate!

May 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #12,248 of 37,644
I see alot of portable rigs here that are only really portable if you wear it like a proton pack.   I guess sound quality beats common sense alot.   Not a judgment on your rig just a general comment based on peoples "portable rigs"

Hahaha, I can't handle to post it. Actually I'm still waiting for my z2 clear softcase and still working to build Micro usb to usb B using alo sxc cable. And I forget about the rubber band or dual lock :p, I'll post it later after its ready to "portable" lol.

May 28, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #12,253 of 37,644

Users who are viewing this thread

Back