Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 29, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #12,273 of 37,644
My new toy.  Not bad at all for $50. Thought it would be bigger but, pleasantly surprised it's quite small.  Really digging how the media controls pop up when you press one of volume buttons.  A little low volume with full size cans but, with iems sounds great.  Now if someone could just product a  android phone with physical media controls,great sound quality, great camera, small form factor, and an unbreakable screen I would be a super happy man.   

Is that a 521

You using it as a phone or just as a dap?

May 30, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #12,276 of 37,644
I don't know why you're selling your self short, that's a dam good rig... The X5 sounds great and with the westone 4s you can't go wrong, the amp may be a little over kill but if you like how it sounds that's all that matters.
beerchug.gif

Weston 4r actually. I will agree with you that the Amp is a bit of over kill in some situations. I find that the quality of instrumental, Jazz and Vocal improve significantly with the amp. Rock, Rap, Pop Electronic and techno are rarely affected by the amp.

May 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #12,277 of 37,644
My new toy.  Not bad at all for $50. Thought it would be bigger but, pleasantly surprised it's quite small.  Really digging how the media controls pop up when you press one of volume buttons.  A little low volume with full size cans but, with iems sounds great.  Now if someone could just product a  android phone with physical media controls,great sound quality, great camera, small form factor, and an unbreakable screen I would be a super happy man.   

:beerchug: I'm using a Lumia 925, and it has extremely low noise. (less than my FiiO E11.) I hate it when some people on this site say the Lumia's sound quality sucks. Its quite good. No matter what headphones I slap on it, there isn't any noise. Its cleaner than my sisters galaxy s4 and my parents nexus 5's. All I know is that the newest wp8 Lumia's sound good. I haven't exactly tried the lumia 521, but its good to know that even at the low end the audio is great.

May 30, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #12,278 of 37,644
It's the 520 but, it's the same phone as the 521 just att brandend.  I'm using it solely as a DAP.  I'm quite impressed with it in that capacity.   Now just to wait for a good podcast app with variable speed playback and it will be nearly perfect.  
hmm... Well, wp8.1 is coming next month... Be on the lookout for an update! Its going to add a personal assistant named cortana, (halo lol. Microsoft pulled a funny.) the ability to use a picture on the live tiles,
63853d1398025417t-wp_ss_20140420_0001.png
and a lot more features... And lol. At the bottom of the picture it says Lumia 520 available at best buy for 50$.

May 30, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #12,279 of 37,644
:beerchug: I'm using a Lumia 925, and it has extremely low noise. (less than my FiiO E11.) I hate it when some people on this site say the Lumia's sound quality sucks. Its quite good. No matter what headphones I slap on it, there isn't any noise. Its cleaner than my sisters galaxy s4 and my parents nexus 5's. All I know is that the newest wp8 Lumia's sound good. I haven't exactly tried the lumia 521, but its good to know that even at the low end the audio is great.

True dat ...i listen to my songs using my 4 yrs old blackberry curve 8520 as mp3 player ...sounds good to me...the trick is whether low end or high end ..the trick is make do with what you can afford and enjoy the music .:)

May 30, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #12,280 of 37,644
True dat ...i listen to my songs using my 4 yrs old blackberry curve 8520 as mp3 player ...sounds good to me...the trick is whether low end or high end ..the trick is make do with what you can afford and enjoy the music .:)
well, actually I got the Lumia 925 off contract for 500$...

May 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #12,282 of 37,644
This is such an inspirational thread. Such amazing gear and variety. 

Back from a gear hiatus after figuring out that I can get a line out of a Lightning connector iPhone. Hi all.

Here's my 'On the Go' rig:

Shure SE535s are brand new replacement from Shure after my SE530s finally gave up. I'm burning them in now. 
I used Shure SE530 for many years. Got them as gift originally when they were the E500PTH model and never put them down. 

Sorry for sub par pic. My Source is also my best camera.

May 30, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #12,283 of 37,644
This is such an inspirational thread. Such amazing gear and variety. 

Back from a gear hiatus after figuring out that I can get a line out of a Lightning connector iPhone. Hi all.

Here's my 'On the Go' rig:

Shure SE535s are brand new replacement from Shure after my SE530s finally gave up. I'm burning them in now. 
I used Shure E535 for many years. Got them as gift originally when they were the E500PTH model and never put them down. 

Sorry for sub par pic. My Source is also my best camera.

gear hiatus is bad... Welcome back, I like those SE535s..

May 30, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #12,284 of 37,644
gear hiatus is bad... Welcome back, I like those SE535s..

Thanks!

The new (to me) cable system on the SE535s is great! Leaves recable options open for the future. I like options.
I'm actually waiting for the Shure iPhone adapter so I can upgrade my 'Stealth Rig Mode'. (UE Super.fi Pro 5 has ben filling in since Shure SE530s bit the dust)
The SE535 stock cable mini plug won't fit my iPhone case - but I read on these forums that the adapter one is small enough. Thanks Head-Fi.

Gear is no joke. I've come back to this forum only a few days and have already spent around $700.
Can't wait for the rest of goodies to arrive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back