Orthodynamic Roundup
Feb 4, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #13,231 of 27,169
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i prefer TransPore than MicroPore now...
biggrin.gif

how 'bout DuraPore ?

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #13,232 of 27,169
Quote:

Originally Posted by redsosis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how 'bout DuraPore ?

I bought a two-pack and sent cetoole a roll, but I haven't tried it yet. An informal trial of trying the blow through it and it seems to be less open that the other two, but that might be due to more adhesive on the cloth fibers.

I was going to try it on the RP18s, but I forgot I had already taped the drivers off with TransPore so I left that in instead. I'll try it on my KH-83 with no other dampening and see how it sounds.

Feb 4, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #13,234 of 27,169
He he , I do know what transpore is. I was just commenting on the fact that iQEM decided to test my resolution of not opening the cans till I get new pads
tongue.gif

BTW, just joined my first social group here at head-fi.You all know which one that is.
redface.gif
rthosmile:

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #13,237 of 27,169
So, I modded the T20 again & no didn't open them. What I wanted was to make them a bit more comfortable so i placed a felt donut at the underside of pads.

The result was a minor improvement in comfort but more importantly the major change was in the way they sounded.
The bass tightened up & has excellent impact now. The mid-range is still superb & treble doses not seem lacking to me.
The headstage is small which does not bother that since I actually like the smallish headstage better for some genres of music.

So, are their any orthos which have a better headstage than the T20v2?
I would like one to complement these.

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #13,238 of 27,169
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurubhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, are their any orthos which have a better headstage than the T20v2?
I would like one to complement these.

the T30 and amfiton tds-15 at least.
To bad they are both quite rare though
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #13,240 of 27,169
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarnetv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the T30 and amfiton tds-15 at least.
To bad they are both quite rare though
tongue_smile.gif

They are almost unattainable.
frown.gif

What about putting the drivers in an open frame. Any cheap transplant options ?
How are the cheaper vintage stats in terms of headstage & bass?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ gurubhai:
you should try Faust2D damping scheme, my T20v2 like it so much...
well honestly i add other material between the driver & felts, still not using TransPore yet...
sound very stats like...
wink.gif

actually that's the one I am using right now, no micropore. The only difference is that I also have a felt donut beneath the pads.
i think my attempt on faust2D scheme was a bit under damped & the felt donut seems to correct that.
I have never heard a stat but FWIR this is how they should sound plus I am getting the added benefit of superb bass.
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #13,241 of 27,169
yep, i think the same too...
a lil bit underdamped but i choose other than your method, i add 2 material (not microPore/Transpore/Durapore, can you guess ?) beneath first felt & driver...
the headstage improves a lot and so the high freq...
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back