Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahahahaaa, no no no...

:
triportsad.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #13,247 of 27,185
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The differences between T20v2 standard pads and Chinese ebay pads with dt990 foam (the foam is necessary for comfort and fit):

The ebay pads make the sound less warm in the mids, and listening to a test sweep shows that whilst the t20 is pretty balance either way there is a little more emphasis on lower mids and bass with standard pads. This is just a small matter of emphasis. I expect I could warm up the lower end by altering the damping, but I'm happy as it is.

The volume needs to be turned up a fair bit to get the same volume using the e-bay pads.

But there is soundstage with the ebay pads (unlike standard), a pretty fair soundstage at that, not so far off my '80s 600ohm dt990s, although headstage shows itself a bit more readily than with the 990s. The general signiture is now quite similar to the old 990s (not to be confused with newer 990s), but with ortho silkiness. The soundstage helps instruments separate out, makes music less muddled.

Given that with the e-bay pad I still get a reasonable (if not quite old skool ideal) slam from the bass in DMX Krew's 'DMX Bass' (my electronic bass test), the low end is not compromised. I don't really listen to much electronic music, but rather mainly to jazz and orchestral classical, and for this these pads are a brilliant upgrade.

In comfort it's swings and roundabouts. The new pads are almost but not quite cicumnaural, so there is a bit of pressure on the tops of my ears which isn't great, but the old pads are a bit wearing for long listens too.

edit: to be precise about the soundstage going to headstage - close instruments can tend to sound within headstage rather than soundstage, particularly in front, but further away instruments tend to appear in soundstage quite nicely. Instrument separation is quite nice, not too analytical (my k340s tend to be too analytical - a bit hyperreal).

Hmmm, So which pads is he talking about ?

Feb 6, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #13,253 of 27,185
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would edit that out - avoids bidding wars.. edit: is it even an ortho?

That's not been confirmed. One has been found with a yamaha driver glued inside... but it didn't look quite genuine to me ....

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #13,254 of 27,185
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurubhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^thanks.
So, you would do a ebay search for me but won't tell me about your secret dampening material.
I guess there are no free lunches here in the ortho thread.
OK, time fire up the Ludoo's search engine.

actually i'm not trying to keep any secret ingredient here though but it's fun playing guess with you... LOL
my secret material for my T20v2 are:
  1. Tegaderm, transparant dressing 3M
    tegaderm, Health Beauty, Business Industrial. Great deals on eBay!
  2. Cork Product, Anti Scracth middle size 3cm, example:
    56 LAMINATE FLOOR SKID SCRATCH PROTECTOR CORK PADS on eBay (end time 20-Feb-10 16:17:41 GMT)

i place the tegaderm on the back of the driver, then the cork with adhesives side stick to the first felt, then the fake chamois, stock foam then another felt as a final dampening to the vented area...not to forget, lining the inside of plastic cups with nippon tapes, tada...that's my secret recipe for the T20v2, for now...
wink.gif

well, base on my experiences i found that the expensives Tegaderm are still inferior to Transpore but more superior on MicroPore...go try it out...
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurubhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heads up for the team :

DR11 on the bay

That's not been confirmed. One has been found with a yamaha driver glued inside... but it didn't look quite genuine to me ....

and i'm agree with DAC, my DR11 maybe not genuine an ortho cans...even the cable on my DR11 are different with the one on that listing but somehow i'm still curious how in the world that regular dynamic can be place firmly on that baffle of DR11...
popcorn.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #13,257 of 27,185
Here is what I got up to at like 1am whilst half asleep
tongue.gif
:

4335449638_f3fe52b5d1_o.jpg

4335449806_da63120717_o.jpg
Telefunk-who!?
Its totally cupless (well unless you count my awesome sellotape as cups..). Eat your heart out Smeggy, you cant buy this kind of workmanship
tongue.gif

evil_smiley.gif
you cant tell from the pics, but its super thin, its basically just as thick as the pads heh.

And here is a pretty photo before it becomes impossible to take such a shot again
wink.gif
:
4335448958_a6df2f2852_o.jpg

4335448780_308783473a_o.jpg

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #13,259 of 27,185
here's some picts that i took from troopers SS100 driver several days ago...

dismantle
2a84x8o.jpg

169j34h.jpg

14vl66d.jpg

2yn3qdk.jpg

back in 1 piece
28qupgk.jpg

zlt8o2.jpg

i hope it's usefull for us & the wikiphonia archieve...
popcorn.gif

note:
now i know why ericj warn us NOT to dismantle SS100 driver...LOL
it's very very hard to assemble em back together again as one piece...
so if you guys just curious what it's look like inside, just look at this picts and dont mess with SS100 driver or worst, dismantle em...
i doubt it even worth to dissassemble em...

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #13,260 of 27,185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Telefunk-who!?
Its totally cupless (well unless you count my awesome sellotape as cups..). Eat your heart out Smeggy, you cant buy this kind of workmanship
tongue.gif

evil_smiley.gif
you cant tell from the pics, but its super thin, its basically just as thick as the pads heh.

What a masterpiece! How does that sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back