Orthodynamic Roundup
Mar 27, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #13,681 of 27,180
Quote:

Originally Posted by dBel84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my apologies to Ludo too
smily_headphones1.gif
, I was not even aware of his description - we came to the same conclusions over time.

Yamaha also seemed to have come to the same conclusion - I don't recall the YH1000 having this additional differentiation at the vents. Kabeer?
[/IMG]

..dB

Hmm i thought that green was maybe some kind of crazy dirt or something....
The middle puck looks difference as well, in the YH-1000 its like yellow fibreglassy/wool. The white looks the same though.
Here is the YH-1000: Image:YH-1000 cup damge inside.jpg - Wikiphonia.

Ok this is gonna frustrate me now lol...i so need to hear a HP-1000 to compare. The textures look the same, so i'd assume proabably the same sound..
iQem, what is that black stuff behind the pink center??
(i think there is a possibility it might have been DIY changed, since the white fluff looks like it has been moved around compared to what I know)

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #13,682 of 27,180
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good driver photos. There is a lot of corrosion, that is probably what requires attention to fix it.

yes,just like what we had talk before..corrosion spread on the outer edge of the diaphragm,well i had sent it to the zen master..hopefully it can be fix and sound as new,so we could complete the missing piece of puzzle on wikiphonia..lets just wait for the good news,shall we?
popcorn.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #13,683 of 27,180
Quote:

I need to cough some more too to get my name in there for the donuts
wink.gif

hee hee, then perhaps not LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I have re-modded my T20v2 and now gotten much closer to what I wanted to achieve in the first place. I replaced the blue foam with the black foam in the back of the cups and cut small hole in the middle of the yellow fake chamois.

I sloppy diagram for your viewing pleasure:

T20ModdV2.2.jpg

Now go forth oh ninja and secure an HP1000 , or you can wait and I will soon tell you if the drivers are any different and it is all in the damping.

..dB

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #13,684 of 27,180
Quote:

hee hee, then perhaps not LOL

Now go forth oh ninja and secure an HP1000 , or you can wait and I will soon tell you if the drivers are any different and it is all in the damping.

..dB

My square hole makes a comeback
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #13,685 of 27,180
Quote:

Quote:

Yamaha also seemed to have come to the same conclusion - I don't recall the YH1000 having this additional differentiation at the vents. Kabeer?

http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki//images..._insidecup.jpg

..dB

Hmm i thought that green was maybe some kind of crazy dirt or something....
The middle puck looks difference as well, in the YH-1000 its like yellow fibreglassy/wool. The white looks the same though.
Here is the YH-1000: Image:YH-1000 cup damge inside.jpg - Wikiphonia.

Ok this is gonna frustrate me now lol...i so need to hear a HP-1000 to compare. The textures look the same, so i'd assume proabably the same sound..
iQem, what is that black stuff behind the pink center??
(i think there is a possibility it might have been DIY changed, since the white fluff looks like it has been moved around compared to what I know)

there's nothin under that pink centre, well here's more picts for you...
x60o5k.jpg

34ot0tj.jpg

popcorn.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #13,686 of 27,180
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there's nothin under that pink centre, well here's more picts for you...

popcorn.gif

Ahh thanks, hmmm looking at those, to me it really seems someone has put their own damping in there. Try asking the seller if he changed it...(although it looks nearly the same).

Did you write the "R" on the drivers?

Mar 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #13,687 of 27,180
yes, i wrote "R" on the right driver & "L" on the Left driver...but i didn't touch any of the damping, that's why i think it's stock...
since it's showed similar position with the YH1000 damping stock but different material...
Just for a reminder, i've seen those damping position (stock) on YH-1000 service manual P3 on wikiphonia..
and it similarity to the Tomek YH1000 picts on this one...
Image:YH-1000.jpg - Wikiphonia
and Faust pict:
Image:YH-1000 cup damge inside.jpg - Wikiphonia
popcorn.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #13,688 of 27,180
Quote:

I need to cough some more too to get my name in there for the donuts
wink.gif

Send me that YH-1000 of yours & I will put your name wherever you want,
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]
even a few day loaner would do
popcorn.gif
[/size]

Mar 27, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #13,689 of 27,180
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, i wrote "R" on the right driver & "L" on the Left driver...but i didn't touch any of the damping, that's why i think it's stock...
since it's showed similar position with the YH1000 damping stock but different material...
Just for a reminder, i've seen those damping position (stock) on YH-1000 service manual P3 on wikiphonia..
and it similarity to the Tomek YH1000 picts on this one...
Image:YH-1000.jpg - Wikiphonia
and Faust pict:
Image:YH-1000 cup damge inside.jpg - Wikiphonia
popcorn.gif

Ahh ok.

Well the black on the outside of the pink central puck looks a little like someones drawn a pen circle in material and cut it out. Ofc the arrangement is the same, but it doesnt remind me of the untouched insides of yh1k i have seen before. Ofc it could be stock, in which case I am v.v.curious why it is different to YH-1k, and the sound diffeerence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurubhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send me that YH-1000 of yours & I will put your name wherever you want,
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]
even a few day loaner would do
popcorn.gif
[/size]

If you were in London i'd be up for a micromeet, but this aint going nowhere soz
tongue.gif
, too irreplaceable.

Mar 28, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #13,690 of 27,180
The pink (fiberglass? or rock wool?) with the black outline (at first I thought a disc of black felt was underneath) reminds me of shrimp, and for some reason the outer damping colors reminded me of sushi. Or have I been troughing too long at the local Asian eatery?

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #13,692 of 27,180
A couple of notes on the EAH-810: with mass from dynamat substitute they really aren't too comfortable, stuffing the cushions means there isn't a hard surface pressed to my ears, but increases the pressure a bit. Putting the headband to its most open and using some padding to hold them up reduces the pressure and it's acceptable. What stands out about these headphones (probably a bit underdamped still) is that the bass has a resonant bass with plenty of impact. It's not deeper or louder than most others headphones that I have, it's rather mid oriented, but it kicks nicely, much more than any other cans I have. Very satisfying. They're not perfect but they're make a very pleasurable listening experience.

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #13,693 of 27,180
It can delivers an uncanny depth of soundstage and nice instrument placement too when such soundstage is in the recording.

Edit to say that these headphones deliver a palpability to not just the bass but some mids and upper mids/trebles too - it can be really compelling but can get in the way too, can contribute to them getting a bit congested when things get complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back