Orthodynamic Roundup
Jun 1, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #10,817 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$800 for SFIs is a bit steep no? I was hoping for a new driver..

If I developed my own driver, I'd charge a lot more than $800 a set with the custom work that went into the headband alone. For what he has in them, I think $800 is fair, I just don't like the pads.

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #10,818 of 27,158
Well i must say it was a pleasure meeting some of you at can jam 09.
Sankar and I are very pleased with the response we got from our listeners and we also made some new friends. So we are very happy for all the kind words and encouragement.

Overall a wonderful weekend.

btw we had a new pair of the LCD1's floating around. The pic that was posted are our first pair and yes they have had quite a life so far.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #10,819 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i must say it was a pleasure meeting some of you at can jam 09.
Sankar and I are very pleased with the response we got from our listeners and we also made some new friends. So we are very happy for all the kind words and encouragement.

Overall a wonderful weekend.

btw we had a new pair of the LCD1's floating around. The pic that was posted are our first pair and yes they have had quite a life so far.

Hey there. Welcome to the ortho thread! Any pictures of new pair and drivers? So far listening impressions are good from all that heard them. Also will you have just one model? What would be initial price?
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #10,820 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I developed my own driver, I'd charge a lot more than $800 a set with the custom work that went into the headband alone. For what he has in them, I think $800 is fair, I just don't like the pads.

Is it his own driver though? I am saying if it was a SFI that would be weak.

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #10,821 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The best part of my day happened when I want to Cetoole, who had won four raffle prizes yesterday, and asked him to rub my tickets for today for luck. I ended up winning the Headroom Ultra Micro Dac, Shure SE530s and Yuin OK3s. And he won another amp, the Rudistor. 8 Tickets and 5 were winners. That guy is like a shaman or something.
bigsmile_face.gif

Damn, no wonder Colin's been quiet! He's still trying to figure out how to get his loot home!

Ok Colin, let us know what you won!

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #10,822 of 27,158
I think the SFI's have potential to be killers and if he has managed to optimize an SFI and market it to the public - then I wish him the best of luck. These orthos do rival the top tier dynamics and if you consider an average Darth mod costs around $600 , this would not be far off for an asking price - not that I am condoning exorbitant prices because I am firmly entrenched in cheap person fiefdom. And for us , SFI's and DIY remain achievable ..dB

edit - go COLIN - he must've rigged the wheel
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #10,827 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey there. Welcome to the ortho thread! Any pictures of new pair and drivers? So far listening impressions are good from all that heard them. Also will you have just one model? What would be initial price?
biggrin.gif

The initial price will be $400. This is our first model. We will eventually others.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 1, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #10,828 of 27,158
Quote:

Originally Posted by xsankar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The initial price will be $400. This is our first model. We will eventually others.

Sounds good. What would be included in the $400 price? How much will the drivers by itself cost? Please post official Audeze LCD-1 pics and driver pictures/ diagrams if you have any.

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #10,829 of 27,158
Well, my love affair with my modded YH-3s turned out to be a one night stand. Her older, longer legged, bustier sister showed up and took off the baggy sweat suit to show off her curves! DAMN!
evil_smiley.gif

I took what I learned from the YH-3s and applied it to rythmndevils YH-100s. Now I'm in love with another man's girl! LOL!

Bass is better, deeper, tighter, cleaner... Highs smoother and the headstage is at least 3 times wider than my YH-3s. Still not quite K601 open, but they don't feel congested or closed. The highs are almost piercing with ESW9 pads as the larger ID really let's the Yammy mids sing through, but awesome with certain music. The R10 pads are great for a wider range of music, though a touch darker with much deeper bass than the ESW9 pads. I'd probably swap pads back and forth, depending on my mood and desired music. Example, female singers and acoustic I'd use ESW9s and sacrifice the elevated bass output, but rock and hip hop really need the R10 pads for the bass and to take off the highs a bit as synthesized high hurt like hell with the ESW9 pads. Just too forward and strong. For my tastes anyways. I know a certain H-F'er in Greece that would love the sound of the ESW9 pads all the time.

I'll say I have the YH-100s 99.5% of what I feel I'm personally capable of getting out of them. Last tweak I'm going to try tonight is to stretch the R10 earpad ID a bit to open it up more for better treble extension like the ESW9 pads. BUT, that means I have to take them off and go to bed.

The best part? The mid-bass honk at higher volumes is gone. Now the mid bass still gets a [size=xx-small]little[/size] louder with the R10 pads, but only [size=xx-small]slightly[/size] and it doesn't muck up the mids. With the ESW9 pads, the mid bass is reduced enough that the mids lead when really cranked up. Really neat effect to hear, it doesn't sound like EQ, it just steps forward a bit.

Oh, I guess you want to know what I changed...

Kept the 30mm diameter surgical tape disc on the center, added tape to cover three (or four - I forget) more holes on each side, leaving the three holes at each corner open. Then a full disc of the Moorbrook felt over the back, held in place only by a dot of blu-tak the size of the center rivet. My 42mm-45mm fiberglass "egg yolk" in the center of the cup with the cotton in the back center pivot. A ring of blu-tak around that raised ridge at the back. The black perf'ed synthetic felt in the vents. Then I added the "egg whites" in the form of an unrolled cotton ball that I rolled and mildly felted like a snake and wrapped it around the FG yolk. Then I put blu-tak on the inside edge of my pad adapters to make sure there was no leaks in the adapter to front bezel interface.

I think rythmndevils will be happy with the sound, especially if I can squeeze just an once more juice out of the treble with the ID stretch...

BAD NEWS ALERT!

[size=xx-small]No pics... yet.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back