Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 26, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #4,771 of 36,042
Yo!! Brannan.. You the man, hooking a brother up, with those beatiful K-10's..thanks for having the peeps in China do a stupendous job on my Nobles . But it's a one man show as of late, with you carrying all the water, and our beloved OK-Guy, no longer on the scene. You getting some backup soon?

Hey bud, my pleasure! It was the least we could do. Thanks for staying cool and I hope you enjoy your K10.

I can assure you that Noble is not a one man show, John and the rest of the team are working as hard as ever.

As far as back-up is concerned... I've got you and the rest of these homies on Head-Fi. Last I checked, Noble is 50 thousand deep and it sounds like thunder when our feet pound streets.
beerchug.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #4,772 of 36,042
  As I had forgotten to mention in my previous post (http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/4740#post_10661082), I listen to several genres of music which include electronica, classical, rock, R&B, jazz, swing, rap, and pop. Any thoughts on what might be the best between the 4C and K10 or should I just aim for the top?

I think you've got it right for the most part. Haven't heard the 3C, but the 5C is a bass monster, definitely not for the feint of heart. 8C is more balanced for sure, but still has an undeniable emphasis on the low end. The K10 and 4C are fairly neutral, with the K10 (to my ears) coming across as slightly more musical (meaning slightly larger bass capabilities). They really are pretty similar in general character, though in ability the K10 far surpasses the 4C. So it depends on what your budget is - either one could probably make you happy but if you can afford the K10 then go for it.

Is anyone able to give a review of the K10/Chord Hugo combo.? Thanks.

I'm using it right now - brilliant. Hugo doesn't have any hiss for me, which is weird because I believe I've heard some complaints about that very issue. But for me, I get a silent background and exceptional sound, with plenty of room on the volume control for dialing in the right levels. Portable audio doesn't get much better than this in my experience. 

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #4,773 of 36,042
Yo!! Brannan.. You the man, hooking a brother up, with those beatiful K-10's..thanks for having the peeps in China do a stupendous job on my Nobles . But it's a one man show as of late, with you carrying all the water, and our beloved OK-Guy, no longer on the scene. You getting some backup soon?

One man show?

Sounds like a good plan, I also don't like all the bulk of amps etc. But that's mostly because I am using my setup at work and I am moving around all the time. A DX90 and K10 would be a solid sounding combo.

Sorensiin runs this combo as well

Get some Blue Scholars alacarte

Hey bud, my pleasure! It was the least we could do. Thanks for staying cool and I hope you enjoy your K10.

I can assure you that Noble is not a one man show, John and the rest of the team are working as hard as ever.

As far as back-up is concerned... I've got you and the rest of these homies on Head-Fi. Last I checked, Noble is 50 thousand deep and it sounds like thunder when our feet pound streets.
beerchug.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 26, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #4,774 of 36,042
Thanks Project 86! I plan to buy the K10/Hugo combo.I've not heard any reports of hiss,that does worry me slightly.At present I have 

Senn. IE80s with a Dragonfly,and use WAV files from my Macbook.The K10/Hugo combo will obviously be a major

step up.I intend to make the leap and stick,at least for a couple of years.It's a considerable layout of cash,plus the

time and effort to take ear impressions and get them to China.I'm really looking for a silver bullet to top quality 

sound,I'm not an audiophile,simply want to enjoy my music in the best possible way.Many thanks for your time.C.

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #4,777 of 36,042

I'm using it right now - brilliant. Hugo doesn't have any hiss for me, which is weird because I believe I've heard some complaints about that very issue. But for me, I get a silent background and exceptional sound, with plenty of room on the volume control for dialing in the right levels. Portable audio doesn't get much better than this in my experience. 

Hugo really sounds like a desktop source to my ears. In some aspect, it even surpass my Anedio D2 which is very impressive. If it's portable, I will have to say it's THE best portable source I have ever heard..Absolutely killer combo with K10. And yep, no hiss at all from sensitive to not sensitive earphones.

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #4,779 of 36,042

Some facts about Amboyna:

Pterocarpus indicus is the botanical name for a tree that has inspired a wide variety of names and has been used in a wide variety of applications. In the United States, the tree is usually called Narra and sometimes further delineated as red Narra or yellow Narra or even orange Narra.The Narra that grows in southern and southeastern Asia is called Solomons Pradauk or Papua New Guinea rosewood. Narra also grows extensively in the Philippines, Borneo, New Guinea, Cagayan, Mindoro, Palawan, Cotabato and the Malay Archipelago. Its Malayan name is angsana. Narra has also been called kiabooco, meaning "twisted wood." The Narra found in African countries is known as "Paduak" 
When in the burl form, Narra’s wood is usually referred to as Amboyna burl — that name coming from Amboyna Island, another place the trees can be found. In "Veneers, A Fritz Kohl Handbook," produced by the Fritz Kohl Veneer Mill in Germany, Amboyna burl is described as "one of the rarest and most expensive woods in the world," adding that "the burly part of the log is often very small." The scarcity of burl in the logs translates into rather high prices, as do its demand for use in high-end woodwork. According to the handbook’s authors, Amboyna burl is used for the "highest quality architectural woodwork" and that it was the first burl wood used for dashboards by Rolls Royce. 
Ordinary Narra may not be as highly prized as the wood that comes from the burls, but it is still a beautiful wood in its own right that can yield a range of interesting figures. Experts believe these figures are formed from the existence of "terminal parenchyma" and irregularities in the woods. Parenchyma is the wood’s soft tissue that stores and distributes carbohydrates. Narra’s grain can be wavy, interlocked or crossed creating attractive figures such as mottle, fiddleback, ripple and curly.
Working with Amboyna can be a pleasure. The structural integrity of the wood makes it a joy to work. It handles turning well and also lends itself well to carving. Other uses are veneer work, small craft work, and furniture making.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 26, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #4,781 of 36,042

Some facts about Amboyna:

Pterocarpus indicus is the botanical name for a tree that has inspired a wide variety of names and has been used in a wide variety of applications. In the United States, the tree is usually called Narra and sometimes further delineated as red Narra or yellow Narra or even orange Narra.The Narra that grows in southern and southeastern Asia is called Solomons Pradauk or Papua New Guinea rosewood. Narra also grows extensively in the Philippines, Borneo, New Guinea, Cagayan, Mindoro, Palawan, Cotabato and the Malay Archipelago. Its Malayan name is angsana. Narra has also been called kiabooco, meaning "twisted wood." The Narra found in African countries is known as "Paduak" 
When in the burl form, Narra’s wood is usually referred to as Amboyna burl — that name coming from Amboyna Island, another place the trees can be found. In "Veneers, A Fritz Kohl Handbook," produced by the Fritz Kohl Veneer Mill in Germany, Amboyna burl is described as "one of the rarest and most expensive woods in the world," adding that "the burly part of the log is often very small." The scarcity of burl in the logs translates into rather high prices, as do its demand for use in high-end woodwork. According to the handbook’s authors, Amboyna burl is used for the "highest quality architectural woodwork" and that it was the first burl wood used for dashboards by Rolls Royce. 
Ordinary Narra may not be as highly prized as the wood that comes from the burls, but it is still a beautiful wood in its own right that can yield a range of interesting figures. Experts believe these figures are formed from the existence of "terminal parenchyma" and irregularities in the woods. Parenchyma is the wood’s soft tissue that stores and distributes carbohydrates. Narra’s grain can be wavy, interlocked or crossed creating attractive figures such as mottle, fiddleback, ripple and curly.
Working with Amboyna can be a pleasure. The structural integrity of the wood makes it a joy to work. It handles turning well and also lends itself well to carving. Other uses are veneer work, small craft work, and furniture making.

Those look amazing!!! Thanks for sharing the info.

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #4,784 of 36,042
I've gotta admit, I'm mixed about this. The greenie Aussie side of me is saying, "No, shouldn't be using rare woods for this". But the other side of me is saying, "Oh please let this be K10's".

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #4,785 of 36,042
  I've gotta admit, I'm mixed about this. The greenie Aussie side of me is saying, "No, shouldn't be using rare woods for this". But the other side of me is saying, "Oh please let this be K10's".

You must be pleased with Abbott, then, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back