New AKG HEADPHONES!!!
Feb 18, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #64 of 92
I have found the 242 HD on ebay in Germany but I can't find the 272 HD
frown.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #65 of 92
I must be missing something, what is exciting about them, non-detachable cable, velour pads that can always be ordered separately for current models, or blue cups on Make II?
confused.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #67 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must be missing something, what is exciting about them, non-detachable cable, velour pads that can always be ordered separately for current models, or blue cups on Make II?
confused.gif

I don't want to pay $60 just to purchase the velour pads for the 271s, instead I'll wait for the 272 HD

Feb 18, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #69 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to pay $60 just to purchase the velour pads for the 271s, instead I'll wait for the 272 HD

Keep in mind that you won't be able to replace the cable unless hardwiring, pads are $35 (less directly from AKG), and you can find existing 271S model cheaper than brand new HD, which is consumer oriented when 271S that still stays in production, btw, for professional studios.

Feb 18, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #70 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep in mind that you won't be able to replace the cable unless hardwiring, pads are $35 (less directly from AKG), and you can find existing 271S model cheaper than brand new HD, which is consumer oriented when 271S that still stays in production, btw, for professional studios.

Headroom is charging me a total of $65 for the velour pads
frown.gif

$30 just for the shipping
mad.gif

I don't think that I would replace the cable because it's too expensive for my budget.

Feb 18, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #71 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom is charging me a total of $65 for the velour pads
frown.gif

$30 just for the shipping
mad.gif

I don't think that I would replace the cable because it's too expensive for my budget.

Wow, is it international shipping, as I got mine for 31.34 shipped from AKG. You may try them instead. Or call headroom, they should be able to give you a better shipping price.

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #74 of 92
There was a period in the 80s when all the manufacturers (Koss comes to mind) would label ordinary stuff 'digital ready.' The tacked-on 'HD' reminds me of that if there's no actual technical improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back