1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New AKG HEADPHONES!!!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by klarnet basowy, Jan 22, 2008.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7
Next

Last
  1. SawaFish
    Does somebody know if the velour pads used on the new K272HD could be used on a 'old' K271s? Though I really like the pleather pads I'd also like to try them with velour pads. And I don't want to buy the K272HD just to try the velour pads of it....

2. pez
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Just as no doubt Toyota had no French speakers involved in naming the MR2.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I really like the look of the red K701s I saw on a japanese site.

I'm totally lost of what you guys are talking about.^^ Please explain? And what about pricing?

3. khbaur330162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I'm totally lost of what you guys are talking about.^^ Please explain?

We're talking about the irrelevant, arbitrary significance of various model numbers and how they read:

"IP 2" is read as "I pee, too" in English.

"MR 2" is phonetically read as "em air duh" which sort of sounds like "merde" which means "sh!t" en francaise.

4. ericj
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SawaFish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Does somebody know if the velour pads used on the new K272HD could be used on a 'old' K271s? Though I really like the pleather pads I'd also like to try them with velour pads. And I don't want to buy the K272HD just to try the velour pads of it....

You can already get velours for the K271-S. They're just never in stock because people keep putting them on K340's.

5. SonicDawg
    So it seems that the 240 MK II is really a remake of the Studio version, not Sextette. The phrase "Designed for studio monitoring" doesn't bode well for me...

Dang it I thought I can finally try the Sextette...

6. Kataklystik
    I just recently got my K171 and I really prefer its black look just with the metal rings. I hope/think that the new ones don't sound better, that would be horrible because I would keep wondering if I would like the new one more.

If I'd were to buy a new one I'd buy the studio version because of the detachable cable. I use them portable and from my experience I know that the cable is the thing that always breaks first.

7. AudioNoob
    oh so thats what bjork had on her head

8. Klarnet Basowy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    oh so thats what bjork had on her head

please? [​IMG]

9. AudioNoob
    why blue? oh and the bjork reference? Someone had posted a picture of her with silver ring akgs. A really bad picture too

10. Klarnet Basowy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    why blue?

[​IMG]
    I didn't want to appear blue with the smile, it was a "?".
    Bjork appeared with one of these new AKG? Images?

11. ueyteuor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Klarnet Basowy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    [​IMG]
    I didn't want to appear blue with the smile, it was a "?".
    Bjork appeared with one of these new AKG? Images?

lol..

yeah i want to see pictures too!

12. AudioNoob
    [​IMG]

13. Klarnet Basowy
    This seems the standard K271 to me

14. paulb09
    Are the MK II versions really just re-brands? In that case I prefer the colouring on the current versions... the black and gold K240S is really nice if you ask me.

15. Klarnet Basowy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Are the MK II versions really just re-brands? In that case I prefer the colouring on the current versions... the black and gold K240S is really nice if you ask me.

the specifics are identical to the Studio versions

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7
Next

Last