1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New AKG HEADPHONES!!!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by klarnet basowy, Jan 22, 2008.
2 3 4 5 6 7
Next

Last
  1. Klarnet Basowy
  2. ueyteuor
    wow!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!

velour pads??

3. skudmunky
    It's just a new color scheme, same drivers as the old models. but yeah, velor pads [​IMG]

4. ueyteuor
    i wonder what fitz has to say..

5. Dobro
    Quote:

IP 2

A most unfortunate model number. I guess no English speakers where involved in the naming process.

6. Zorander Contributor
    Did I see a Sextett revision there? [​IMG]

7. Klarnet Basowy
    The K242HD looks terrific interesting! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I WANT THEM!

8. TheMarchingMule Contributor
    Woah, retro to the max! [​IMG]

Oh, and Dobro, I totally agree with you.

9. ericj
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Did I see a Sextett revision there? [​IMG]

Yes and no. The K242 was a sextett sold in europe (maybe only france?) after the K241 became the K240-M.

I would be very surprised if AKG started using full passive drivers rather than filter patches at this juncture.

10. espire
    I'm sort-of digging the retro look, but I'd still prefer a contemporary design. While we're on the topic (sort of) what's up with the HD-600 looking like an expensive countertop?

11. 003
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Yes and no. The K242 was a sextett sold in europe (maybe only france?) after the K241 became the K240-M.

I seriously doubt anybody at AKG even remembers the K242 badged sextett, and that this new model is just a coincidence, moving the last number on all their studio headphones to 2 instead of 0 or 1.

I do dig the look of the K242HD though, and it's nice to see the permanently attached cable. I would like to hear it but not so much that I will run out and buy one.

EDIT:
    LMAO @ the IP 2!!

12. appophylite
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Quote:

IP 2

A most unfortunate model number. I guess no English speakers where involved in the naming process.

That took me a moment to catch [​IMG]

13. rean1mator
    really? so i imagine the older styles will come down in price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    It's just a new color scheme, same drivers as the old models. but yeah, velor pads [​IMG]

14. jpelg
    The new "xx1 MKII" models are merely new color schemes, as has already been noted here & in other similiar threads.

The new "xx2 HD" models seem to be the same models, only marketed toward home listeners, with velour pads (good) & non-removable cables (not so good).

Nothing remotely ground-breaking, unfortunately.

15. Klarnet Basowy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    The new "xx1 MKII" models are merely new color schemes, as has already been noted here & in other similiar threads.

The new "xx2 HD" models seem to be the same models, only marketed toward home listeners, with velour pads (good) & non-removable cables (not so good).

Nothing remotely ground-breaking, unfortunately.

So same drivers also in the xx2 HD models? I hoped they use different tuned drivers to achieve a more "audiophile-like" sound (while the K Studio series was on the bassy side). Maybe the velour pads make a difference in the sound?

2 3 4 5 6 7
Next

Last