New AKG HEADPHONES!!!
Feb 26, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #77 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was a period in the 80s when all the manufacturers (Koss comes to mind) would label ordinary stuff 'digital ready.' The tacked-on 'HD' reminds me of that if there's no actual technical improvement.

Most manufacturers still write "digital ready" on the box. Look at any current AKG and it's plastered all over the box.

Feb 28, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #78 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to pay $60 just to purchase the velour pads for the 271s, instead I'll wait for the 272 HD

Quote:

Headroom is charging me a total of $65 for the velour pads
frown.gif

$30 just for the shipping
mad.gif

I don't think that I would replace the cable because it's too expensive for my budget.

I just got my velour pad from Solotech in montreal. I order on the 28 Jan and it came today. There was some confusion at first where they thought that it was $30 each but in the end It's $30 for the pair.(#2955M1002) I pick them up locally so no shipping for me.

Cheers,
Dan

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #82 of 92
Quote:

I have found the 242 HD on ebay in Germany but I can't find the 272 HD
frown.gif

They're available here in Finland already. I've ordered mine and they're in the mail.

Mar 18, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #83 of 92
I wonder what the K 172 HD would be like for portable use. The colour scheme is a bit funky, but I don't think it's over-powering and would probably seem quite acceptable on the street. It also gets rid of the massive detachable cable socket on the side that made the K 171 so weird.

Still, I think the pivot joints stick out as far as the K 171, and I find that a little dorky. Other than that it also has velour pads that could be quite comfortable.

Aug 30, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #84 of 92
has the HD series been released in the US yet? amazon had the k242, but "Currently unavailable"
confused.gif

i want!

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #85 of 92
i seen these today in a ipod shop and was interested straight away.

They wouldnt open a box and let me listen.
plebs...
Kicking myself that i diddnt know about these.
come on here was sure there would be loads of reviews but not one..

Give us a review soon as you can jaska.
very interested..

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #86 of 92
The IEMS on the bottom are the ones im most interested in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back