Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #11,402 of 16,931
Another teaser of the upcoming EarSonics release. Looks like it might be a 6-driver universal (the first?)

http://theheadphonelist.com/category/news/

Quote:
  Is Vsonic GR02 BE really better than SM E30 ? I thought it was the opposite
Also does the former needs a good audio player (I have a Samsung Wave 525. Yeah ancient I know that ) ? If yes then what do you think how much sound quality I'll lose ?

Ultimately it'll come down to what you're looking for. The GR02 BE has more bass than the E30 by quite margin but still manages to sound very good overall. It does not need an amp.

Do you think the new a-jay fives will be a big improvement?

I never got to hear the previous a-JAYS so I really don't know. I was not particularly impressed with the JAYS dynamics I have tried but that doesn't mean the new ones won't be good. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #11,403 of 16,931
  I think I would avoid them. Just tested a friend's ES18 and these are the issues I faced - Less than average isolation, too much micro-phonics and bad highs . I know they really value for money I think spending a little more (*cough* triple *cough*) would be a better idea

the best you can get is e10 ( in india ) , use sony tips , they will help with isolation . by the way what are you looking for , bass clarity , or just sq ?

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #11,404 of 16,931
just got the ha-fx40 , and i love every thing about it , these peaks are awesome , been looking for them , nicely complimented by good amount of bass , is pny midtwon / uptown any better when it comes to sq ?

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #11,405 of 16,931
  just got the ha-fx40 , and i love every thing about it , these peaks are awesome , been looking for them , nicely complimented by good amount of bass , is pny midtwon / uptown any better when it comes to sq ?

Warmer tone, lower mids fuller and not recessed, and less bright treble on the PNYs. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #11,407 of 16,931
Hi ya joker,

I read your review on the Hidition NT 6.  For someone who really digs the ER4S sound signature and presentation, would you say that it's a safe bet that the NT6 is the closest form of the ER4S in a custom format with the added benefits of ciem including a more prominent but still balanced low end?

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #11,408 of 16,931
  How about ASG-1/2?

I've heard the original ASG-1 (I believe it was a rev 1.1). I wasn't a fan. Never got to try the newer versions. 

Hi ya joker,

I read your review on the Hidition NT 6.  For someone who really digs the ER4S sound signature and presentation, would you say that it's a safe bet that the NT6 is the closest form of the ER4S in a custom format with the added benefits of ciem including a more prominent but still balanced low end?

That's correct. The NT 6 improves on the ER4S with much better subbass response and more natural, fleshed-out bass overall. Someone asked a similar question here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760/11265#post_9729619

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #11,409 of 16,931
I've heard the original ASG-1 (I believe it was a rev 1.1). I wasn't a fan. Never got to try the newer versions. 

That's correct. The NT 6 improves on the ER4S with much better subbass response and more natural, fleshed-out bass overall. Someone asked a similar question here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760/11265#post_9729619

project86 wrote that Cosmic Ears BA4R is very similar to Etys ER4 sound signature.

joker, when can we expect your first impressions on CA Music One?

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #11,410 of 16,931

Ultimately it'll come down to what you're looking for. The GR02 BE has more bass than the E30 by quite margin but still manages to sound very good overall. It does not need an amp.

Thanks.
After some research I have narrowed down to these 3 - MH1C, GR02 and E30
Which one of them is best suited for rock music ?

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #11,411 of 16,931

the best you can get is e10 ( in india ) , use sony tips , they will help with isolation . by the way what are you looking for , bass clarity , or just sq ?

Kind of an all rounder
tongue.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #11,413 of 16,931
  Kind of an all rounder
tongue.gif

get the mh1c , it will do , if you can , then get the vsd1/vsd1s they have really nice feedback .
   now these days even mobile companies are ready to up the ante , sony has mh1/mh1c , lg got quadbeat and now samsung has the dual driver ones floting with the s4 . nice going .

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #11,414 of 16,931
Hi Joker,

I don't seem to be able to get a great fit with any over-the-ear IEMs for any length of time.  I have larger size ear canals and lose the seal frequently. Even the GR-07's adjustable nozzle only helps so much.

I have much better luck with IEMs like the XBA-3 and HF3 that can be worn straight down.

Any suggestions for IEMs that provide the best combination of sound quality and comfort, that can be worn cable down?

Ideally, I am looking for a "natural" sound signature, rather than strictly neutral, with some low-end extension and good treble. Timbre important. (I think I would like it if the W4 and PFE232 had a baby 
smile.gif
) Cost not necessarily a factor.

Thanks!

Sep 6, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #11,415 of 16,931
I currently have the VSonic VC02's and a month ago or so one of the ears stopped working, they were still in warranty so I sent them out, and got a new pair
and that pair broke yesterday, one of the ears stopped working again!
I have been storing the VC02's with the cable detached because they detach WAY to easily and it was just easier, and I thought maybe because of that,
and the fact that it has been quite humid here lately, it probably damaged the connector, and that's why it won't play anymore.

Have you experienced this?
Is this kind of thing normal?
Should I send them out again and maybe tape it so it can't detach?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back