Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #10,411 of 16,931
I'm a purist at heart; I want to hear what the sound mixer intended for me to hear.  Which type of IEM am I looking for?

May 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #10,412 of 16,931
Quote:
I'm a purist at heart; I want to hear what the sound mixer intended for me to hear.  According to the first page categorizations, which type of IEM am I looking for?

Anything your mixer(s) use, because every headphones/IEMs sounds different from each other, you will never reach the so called "hearing what music musicians intended" unless you use the same equipment as they do- oh wait you even need same ear shape, same brain and maybe even same skull shape because people have different hearing too eh?

Anyway, sounds like you are up to some thing with neutral sound signature.

May 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #10,415 of 16,931
Hey Joker, which of the Ety Kids models did you like, the 3 or the 5?

My friend is looking for a model with good clarity and decent soundstage for about $35. The Ety Kids 5 is there which is why I ask. Is there anything you can recommend that is easy to purchase in the US pretty quickly?

Thanks

May 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #10,416 of 16,931
What would be the best IEMs for isolation and  comfort under $50? I have never had a pair of IEMs not cause very strong pain from the build up of pressure (both in air pressure to the ear drums and pressure to the outer walls), and they never isolate as much as I want. Sounds actually secondary to all that, but I don't want a painful sound quality if I can... so neutral or laid-back, something to relax to.

May 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #10,417 of 16,931
Does anyone know if these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005EM9KRI/ref=pd_aw_sbs_cps_1?pi=SL500_SS115 are the same as the vsonic gr02 silver that were recently added to this thread? If not what are they?!

May 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #10,418 of 16,931
Quote:
I'm a purist at heart; I want to hear what the sound mixer intended for me to hear.  Which type of IEM am I looking for?

Probably something balanced to introduce the least coloration. Etymotic would be a good start.

Quote:
Is MC5 hard to drive?I would like to use IP5 or IPC+HP-P1 to drive it. 

No, not really. A portable device should be okay without an amp.  

Quote:
Hey Joker, which of the Ety Kids models did you like, the 3 or the 5?

My friend is looking for a model with good clarity and decent soundstage for about $35. The Ety Kids 5 is there which is why I ask. Is there anything you can recommend that is easy to purchase in the US pretty quickly?

Thanks

I’m pretty sure the 3 and 5 are the same except for the mic/remote, same as with the HF3/HF5. I can’t say much about the soundstage since I don’t have a pair here but the clarity is great for the price.

I think the VSonic VC02 is available on amazon now as well so that would be another option.

Quote:
What would be the best IEMs for isolation and  comfort under $50? I have never had a pair of IEMs not cause very strong pain from the build up of pressure (both in air pressure to the ear drums and pressure to the outer walls), and they never isolate as much as I want. Sounds actually secondary to all that, but I don't want a painful sound quality if I can... so neutral or laid-back, something to relax to.

Comfort is quite subjective but I would go for something sealed with foam tips. If you can’t tolerate a deep insertion, maybe something like a UE500 - it's been hovering at $30 or so on amazon and already comes with some Complys.

Quote:
Does anyone know if these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005EM9KRI/ref=pd_aw_sbs_cps_1?pi=SL500_SS115 are the same as the vsonic gr02 silver that were recently added to this thread? If not what are they?!

No. The Silver is a different color and has a different diameter nozzle.

May 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #10,419 of 16,931
i just wanted to give you another thank you post for all of your hard work for this thread.  because of you, i've bought a hifiman re262 and an meelec 6.  with your combined review with DavidMahler's flagship reviews i also got a pair of westone 4's.  no questions here, just wanted to say thank you

May 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #10,420 of 16,931
Quote:

I’m pretty sure the 3 and 5 are the same except for the mic/remote, same as with the HF3/HF5. I can’t say much about the soundstage since I don’t have a pair here but the clarity is great for the price.

I think the VSonic VC02 is available on amazon now as well so that would be another option.

The VC02 were my "on the other hand" thought but she is unfortunately firm with the $35 lol. I just need to get her past the cute box that says Kids on it when we go to the store. Thanks!

May 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #10,423 of 16,931
Quote:
i just wanted to give you another thank you post for all of your hard work for this thread.  because of you, i've bought a hifiman re262 and an meelec 6.  with your combined review with DavidMahler's flagship reviews i also got a pair of westone 4's.  no questions here, just wanted to say thank you

Thanks, glad it's been useful 
beerchug.gif

Quote:

The VC02 were my "on the other hand" thought but she is unfortunately firm with the $35 lol. I just need to get her past the cute box that says Kids on it when we go to the store. Thanks!

It is an Etymotic product and I think it's oriented towards the concerned parents more so than the kids so hopefully not too cutesy...

May 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #10,425 of 16,931
Quote:
I'm getting my MEElectronics M-DUO by Tuesday. I'll probably have a full review by Thursday.  :)

Right on, those Duo's look like the nicest of the Corecool v2 IEM variants that have been popping up here on head-fi. I'm interested to see how they stack up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back