Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #9,406 of 16,931
How would you compare the AKG K3003i to the Fit Ear 334 to go!?

I recently tried the AKG K3003 and I am about to buy it; however, I was not that impressed with it. Which is the best all-arounder in your opinion? I have to say the freq response balance of the AKG is fantastic, bass is a bit more impactful than neutral, but that's fun for on the go. The highs were also very simmery without ever being too glary. They sound a lot like a baby HE-6.

Which of the AKG and fitear have a more spacious presentation over all? Not only sound stage width, but also depth and height?

Thanks!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #9,407 of 16,931
Quote:
PM me your address?

Done, thanks!

Quote:
Nice review by the way 
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Quote:
Hi Joker, really hope Compact Monitors especially the Stage 3 and Stage 4 will be reviewed. The Stage 3 sounds amazing to me and I'm so tempted over it! Wondering why not really many talk about this brand whereas it is amazing to me

They are rarely mentioned, I think I've only stumbled on their products once or twice before. I will have more custom monitors to add but sadly not those.

Quote:
Hey joker, I saw that you kinda started with the ER6i and went to the ER4, is there a step in between that you would recommend that's similar to the Ety sound sig? ER6i was my first quality IEMS and I find that I'm missing the sound of them recently. I was looking at the REs, (RE0, Re-Zero, RE262) as well as the Ety HF5. Looking to stay <= 100. Thanks. Awesome thread btw, I love this and your portable HPs thread. Keep up the great work.

I would go with the HF5, it slots right in between the ER6i and ER4 and is a terrific value at $100 for the Ety lover (and in general). 

Quote:
How would you compare the AKG K3003i to the Fit Ear 334 to go!?

I recently tried the AKG K3003 and I am about to buy it; however, I was not that impressed with it. Which is the best all-arounder in your opinion? I have to say the freq response balance of the AKG is fantastic, bass is a bit more impactful than neutral, but that's fun for on the go. The highs were also very simmery without ever being too glary. They sound a lot like a baby HE-6.

Which of the AKG and fitear have a more spacious presentation over all? Not only sound stage width, but also depth and height?

Thanks!

The MH334 has slightly tighter bass and a little less of it, but still enhanced. It has much more forward and transparent mids. The overall tone is a little darker and the treble is smoother. The K3003 sounds more dynamic with that big bass but also a bit boomier. The treble is not as smooth but extends better. The presentation of the MH334 is more forward overall. Both have very impressive depth but I personally give the K3003 a slight edge in overall spaciousness. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #9,408 of 16,931
Hello ljokerl, I never had the chance to thank you so I will do it now. I really love the work you did here. This is really helpfull to all people who want to buy IEMs, and it's great that you put customs as well. I just received my Miracles (upgrade from Shure SE530x6) and even after just a few minutes, I can hear they sound great...so balanced, everything at its place. You were one of the reasons I chose the Miracles. What other customs do you plan on reviewing ?

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #9,409 of 16,931
hi joker,
i have both the pfe 122 (grey filters) and the fischer audio silver bullet. i got both of them after reading your reviews :D
i was just wondering how would you compare the key differences between the two? its really obvious theres a big difference when i compare them but im not sure how to put it in words :frowning2: i know the soundstage is apparent but i wanna know how to describe the two very different sound signatures so i know what to look for when im moving on to other iems :p

p.s. i like them both, their enjoyable in different ways, like the silver bullet has a very nice full sound and bass that makes me smile, while the pfe is very relaxing and clear

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #9,410 of 16,931
Quote:
Hello ljokerl, I never had the chance to thank you so I will do it now. I really love the work you did here. This is really helpfull to all people who want to buy IEMs, and it's great that you put customs as well. I just received my Miracles (upgrade from Shure SE530x6) and even after just a few minutes, I can hear they sound great...so balanced, everything at its place. You were one of the reasons I chose the Miracles. What other customs do you plan on reviewing ?

Thanks, I appreciate that. Glad you're enjoying the Miracles.

I currently have plans for adding 8 or 9 new, mostly higher-end customs to the thread over the course of this year but I'd rather not reveal which ones they are just yet. 

Quote:
hi joker,
i have both the pfe 122 (grey filters) and the fischer audio silver bullet. i got both of them after reading your reviews :D
i was just wondering how would you compare the key differences between the two? its really obvious theres a big difference when i compare them but im not sure how to put it in words :frowning2: i know the soundstage is apparent but i wanna know how to describe the two very different sound signatures so i know what to look for when im moving on to other iems :p

p.s. i like them both, their enjoyable in different ways, like the silver bullet has a very nice full sound and bass that makes me smile, while the pfe is very relaxing and clear

I haven't heard the Silver Bullet in quite a long time so my from-memory comparison will surely be worse than your direct A:B. When deciding which upgrade path to pursue, you'll want to figure out which aspects of each you like better (i.e. whether you like the quicker, tighter bass of the 112 or the more impactful low end of the SB, and so on). 

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #9,412 of 16,931
Quote:
How does the Earsonic sm2 compare to Hifiman re-272 (for vocals only)?

It's much thicker and warmer, with an emphasis on the bass and lower midrange vs the HiFiMan which is flatter through the upper mids and treble and more transparent overall. I personally prefer the 272.

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #9,413 of 16,931
hello i have a few questions to you.

do you think eph-100 would not get messy with warm and dark player like samsung p3? can you compare for me ne700x and ex85 to eph-100? i mean darkness/warmness of them.

do you really scored ex85 sound 4.7 and ne6 6.1 ? its missmatch for me. ex85 sounds much better in my opinion. in ne6 bass interact with mids, vocal is hidden and the trebles are just bad. ex85 has everything better in my opinion. you scored brainwavz beta for almost 7 and these are almost the same (or just the same, hard to tell because of diffrent sources i used) like ex85.

sorry for my english

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #9,414 of 16,931
I am looking for iems around 40 with good bass for rap and rock and nice mids and highs also build quality case and foam tips but the case or foam tips are not deciding factors just nice to have
I was between the
Dunu trident
Brainwavs m5
Vsonics gr02 be
Vsonics vco2
Rha ma 350
Astrotec am90
Soundmagic e10

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #9,415 of 16,931
Soundmagic e10 is nice, not quite as much bass as the gr02 be which is an excellent choice for a v shaped sounds, I hae heard the vc02 is more linear. For rock gr02 be is one of my favorites.

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #9,419 of 16,931
Hi joker,
First of all i'd like to thank you for putting in your time and effort into this thread. I really appreciate it and know many others do too!

Secondly, i have a question about my current GR07s.
Are there any contenders at a similar price range to the GR07s? I'm having trouble finding any that equal/best its sound quality. If it's any help, the genres i listen to are composed of mainly vocals (Asian pop) and instruments (classical)

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #9,420 of 16,931
Joker, I uploaded screenshot of eq the FX700 and PFE 232 (black filter).

FX700

PFE 232

Disregarding the numbers, I don't think this EQ app for iPhone is very strong. What kind of sound signature do you think I'm preferring? U or V shape?

additional info:
I'm ok with the bass quantity of PFE 232 gray filter with that EQ setting as well. But I prefer black filter over gray.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back