Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 12, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #9,332 of 16,931
Quote:
Only one way to put a stop to it once and for all!
wink.gif

Clearly...

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #9,334 of 16,931
hi!
i just read the 2 new great reviews of the Brainwavz M5 and Visang VS-K1...
what i understand is thatthe main differences between them appear to be that the Visnag has more
prominent mids while the Brainwavz has more prominent bass,
while secondly the Visnag has less cable noise.
if that is the case... why did the Brainwavz got a total value of 9.5 and the Visnag only 9?
sorry for being naggy... i just can't decide which one i might buy :)
i already have the id America Spark but i just fell in love with all this earphones thing i just wanna buy more! :)
also.. considering i have the Sparks and Klipsch S4 and Meelec CW31...would the Astrotec M90 be a nice addition? i never heard a BA phone before...would this open something new for me considering i listen to rock/metal?
it's interesting to mention that the VS-K1 doesn't appear on the Visang website

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #9,339 of 16,931
Quote:
The GR07 is pretty good at sounding consistent across sources... I really doubt you'll get a lot of value out of adding an amp unless it colors the sound and moves the GR07 closer to your preferred signature. Of course it depends on your source - if you're using something subpar like a middle-of-the-road smartphone it's a different story.

That's too bad about the case... pouches are annoying.  

yeah.. Even though the case didn't came that good.. its still sturdier than pouches.. Although the pouch is leather and has a metal clasp.. its also kind of nice.. 

what does subpar means?.. You also got it right.. I'm only using my Iphone4s as a source.. I don't want it to sound colored and I just want it to sound accurate.. that's my preferred signature.. I agree that it can be driven by almost all sources.. I still want to know if anything enhances what its capable of specially if I only use it on my iphone.. Again, Accuracy is my target.. By the way, with the iphone I only put it to 75% or less of the maximum volume.. It sounds too loud on my ears maybe because of its isolation.. so I also thought that an amp would rather not help.. 

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #9,340 of 16,931
Quote:
My theory is I don't think he likes TF10.
biggrin.gif
So if he was to review it and give a honest low score he would be burnt at the steak by TF10 fanboy's who would then question his credibility. That's the theory I've conjured up over time.

I have another theory that he loves the TF10 to bits, more than anything else that's ever graced his golden ears, but he's simply too lazy to re-adjust his rating scale. 
wink.gif

On a more serious note, belated thanks @ljokerl for the excellent ToGo 334 review, I'm expecting a loaner pair in a week or two and am really looking forward to hear these.

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #9,341 of 16,931
Quote:

I have another theory that he loves the TF10 to bits, more than anything else that's ever graced his golden ears, but he's simply too lazy to re-adjust his rating scale. 
wink.gif

i agree , that can be the case .

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #9,342 of 16,931
Quote:

wink.gif

Or it could be the 
images
 of his existence.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #9,343 of 16,931
Hi, first i would like thank you (ljokerl). This is a great compendium and help to newcomers and buyers, so cheers.

Now, since this is my first post, and first entrance into this "world" i'll try to explain my self the best i can in order to obtain your help.

I moved from regular earbuds, to over the ear headphones (the crappy kind ones) to finnaly a in-ear headphones. The first Headphone i eard (and comparing to earbuds)blowned me away was the apparently much hated CX 300 II. They lasted 4 years, now they RIP in my closet. So now, i'm looking for an adequate substitute. 

CX 300 II, had a nice bass, yet i've always felt like in other fields it was a bit recessed, namely in mids (i suppose). The voices were kinda backgrounded and not clear at all. Now i want something with a warm signature, good bass, but not so much lacking in other areas. Initialy i was inclined to a E30, but from the review i find there are other, better alternatives. Also considered the Xears, for 43€ whatever the model, yet, none of the above are available, there are only new models, for wich i don't find any good reviews.

So after stuying inumerous posts, i found yours one of the best and more complete. So i'm looking for something up to 50€ and taking account of your reviews i've reduced the list to the following:

Brainwavz M5 7.6 30€
Astrotec AM-90 7.4 42€
ViSang R02 / Brainwavz ProAlpha 6.8 28€
Brainwavz Beta 6.7 19,5€
MEElectronics CW31 6.7 23€
Brainwavz M3 / ViSang R04 7.7
56€​

Beeing from another tear, is M3 so much different from M5? Is it worth the extra 26€?

I had other ones, but they were kinda ruled off by reviews or prices.  

Tl;DR section: Moving from Cx300 II - Wich of the above should i choose?

Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers

ps: i also could buy the RadioPaqJazz for 10,5€, but the review kinda sent me off, despite the really nice price.

ps2: This is the final considered list, from wich i reduced to the ones above in case you're wondering

Brainwavz M5 7.6 30€
Cyclone PR1 Pro/PR100 PR200 7.4
23/30€​
id America Spark 7.4 46€
Astrotec AM-90 7.4 42€
JVC HA-FX40 7.2 29€
SoundMAgic e30 7.0 40€
Brainwavz M1 7.0 29,5€
RadioPaq Jazz 6.9 10,5€
Brainwavz Beta 6.7 19,5€
56€​
MEElectronics A151 7.4
45€​
Beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE / MMX 101 iE 7.4
51/70€​
ViSang R03 / Brainwavz M2 7.2
45€​
Pioneer SE-CLX60 7.2
44€​
Beyerdynamic DTX 71 iE 7.2
48€​
MEElectronics SP51 Sound  6.9
37€​

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #9,344 of 16,931
Quote:
Maybe your twin on amazon will review it!
tongue.gif

That would be welcome. Makes me wish I could clone myself. 

Quote:
hi!
i just read the 2 new great reviews of the Brainwavz M5 and Visang VS-K1...
what i understand is thatthe main differences between them appear to be that the Visnag has more
prominent mids while the Brainwavz has more prominent bass,
while secondly the Visnag has less cable noise.
if that is the case... why did the Brainwavz got a total value of 9.5 and the Visnag only 9?
sorry for being naggy... i just can't decide which one i might buy :)
i already have the id America Spark but i just fell in love with all this earphones thing i just wanna buy more! :)
also.. considering i have the Sparks and Klipsch S4 and Meelec CW31...would the Astrotec M90 be a nice addition? i never heard a BA phone before...would this open something new for me considering i listen to rock/metal?
it's interesting to mention that the VS-K1 doesn't appear on the Visang website

Yes, that's pretty much the difference. I do think the sound of the M5 is a hair more impressive overall (as it does have a lot more bass to contend with). It's also cheaper and better-accessorized, and there's a mic/remote version, which is still pretty rare among high-value earphones. I thought I saw the K1 and K2 on ViSang's site in the new release section but I can't find the link right now.  

Quote:
yeah.. Even though the case didn't came that good.. its still sturdier than pouches.. Although the pouch is leather and has a metal clasp.. its also kind of nice.. 

what does subpar means?.. You also got it right.. I'm only using my Iphone4s as a source.. I don't want it to sound colored and I just want it to sound accurate.. that's my preferred signature.. I agree that it can be driven by almost all sources.. I still want to know if anything enhances what its capable of specially if I only use it on my iphone.. Again, Accuracy is my target.. By the way, with the iphone I only put it to 75% or less of the maximum volume.. It sounds too loud on my ears maybe because of its isolation.. so I also thought that an amp would rather not help.. 

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=define+subpar

The iPhone4 is a good source, well above average. The GR07 should be fine straight out of the iPhone. 

Quote:

wink.gif

On a more serious note, belated thanks @ljokerl for the excellent ToGo 334 review, I'm expecting a loaner pair in a week or two and am really looking forward to hear these.

Ha, you've got me. Actually, it's looking like the scale may need re-adjusting in the future, but not for the TF10. 

Surprised you haven't heard the TG334 by now. It's an interesting one, that's for sure. 

Quote:
Hi, first i would like thank you (ljokerl). This is a great compendium and help to newcomers and buyers, so cheers.

Now, since this is my first post, and first entrance into this "world" i'll try to explain my self the best i can in order to obtain your help.

I moved from regular earbuds, to over the ear headphones (the crappy kind ones) to finnaly a in-ear headphones. The first Headphone i eard (and comparing to earbuds)blowned me away was the apparently much hated CX 300 II. They lasted 4 years, now they RIP in my closet. So now, i'm looking for an adequate substitute. 

CX 300 II, had a nice bass, yet i've always felt like in other fields it was a bit recessed, namely in mids (i suppose). The voices were kinda backgrounded and not clear at all. Now i want something with a warm signature, good bass, but not so much lacking in other areas. Initialy i was inclined to a E30, but from the review i find there are other, better alternatives. Also considered the Xears, for 43€ whatever the model, yet, none of the above are available, there are only new models, for wich i don't find any good reviews.

So after stuying inumerous posts, i found yours one of the best and more complete. So i'm looking for something up to 50€ and taking account of your reviews i've reduced the list to the following:

Brainwavz M5 7.6 30€
Astrotec AM-90 7.4 42€
Brainwavz Beta 6.7 19,5€
56€​

Beeing from another tear, is M3 so much different from M5? Is it worth the extra 26€?

I had other ones, but they were kinda ruled off by reviews or prices.  

Tl;DR section: Moving from Cx300 II - Wich of the above should i choose?

Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers

ps: i also could buy the RadioPaqJazz for 10,5€, but the review kinda sent me off, despite the really nice price.

ps2: This is the final considered list, from wich i reduced to the ones above in case you're wondering

Brainwavz M5 7.6 30€
Cyclone PR1 Pro/PR100 PR200 7.4
23/30€​
id America Spark 7.4 46€
Astrotec AM-90 7.4 42€
JVC HA-FX40 7.2 29€
SoundMAgic e30 7.0 40€
Brainwavz M1 7.0 29,5€
RadioPaq Jazz 6.9 10,5€
Brainwavz Beta 6.7 19,5€
56€​
MEElectronics A151 7.4
45€​
Beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE / MMX 101 iE 7.4
51/70€​
ViSang R03 / Brainwavz M2 7.2
45€​
Pioneer SE-CLX60 7.2
44€​
Beyerdynamic DTX 71 iE 7.2
48€​
MEElectronics SP51 Sound  6.9
37€​

If you want enhanced bass a-la CX300 but with better midrange presence, the Brainwavz M2 or Beyer DTX101 would be good choices. The problem with the M5 is that the mids are still a little recessed compared to the bass so it may not be exactly what you're after. The Beta is a little v-shaped as well.

If you can give up a bit of bass for better overall balance, the Brainwavz M3 (if you can still find them), MEElec CW31, and Soundmagic E30 are all worth considering. The M3 is pricy compared to the others but it really doesn't have many weaknesses sonically, though I still don't like the fit. 

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #9,345 of 16,931
Quote:
If you want enhanced bass a-la CX300 but with better midrange presence, the Brainwavz M2 or Beyer DTX101 would be good choices. The problem with the M5 is that the mids are still a little recessed compared to the bass so it may not be exactly what you're after. The Beta is a little v-shaped as well.  
If you can give up a bit of bass for better overall balance, the Brainwavz M3 (if you can still find them), MEElec CW31, and Soundmagic E30 are all worth considering. The M3 is pricy compared to the others but it really doesn't have many weaknesses sonically, though I still don't like the fit. 

Well, i really don't mind giving some bass in order to have more detail in the other areas, thats why i'm considering these other options. All of the above i found this weekend, and the price i listed was the cheapest i could find. In tearms of audio, the cx 300 didn't work for me specially in some voice reproduction, not as much in films, but for instance in games, everything sounded really muffled.

So, sorry to bother, but 2 questions really pop out for me:

1- so the almost 100% price increase in the m3 (m5 beeing 30€ and M3 56€) justifies? I saw some cases where you say that in fact the difference between some moddels is negligible. This is not the case?
2- i was under the impression from what i read here, in forum, is that the E30 is somewhat neutral ^^

I don't know if its really possible or not, since i'm new at this, but i would love to experience a warm sound experience like i had with closed-headphones, doesn't have to have a overwhelming bass, i just like to hear the warmth of some artists like Bob Marley in redeption song, or a portuguese artist Jorge Palma in an acustic album with piano and guitar (http://myway.pt.msn.com/#/album/no_tempo_dos_assassinos_ao_vivo_no_teatro_villaret.aspx), but still listen to St. Anger and love it in all its might. Like i said, heard closed-headphones that didnt sound bassy, but felt warm. Sorry, its still hard for me to explain, but guess i mean something that h«falls on the low mids and lows in terms of signatures.

Maybe you just read this and got the urge to slap me real hard for the discription, but bear with me :)

Agains thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back