Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 15, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #8,386 of 16,931
Quote:
Depends on what kind of sound you want.  I will say that's a pretty great price for the HJE900 if you like something exciting with plenty of impact. I think that's a better price than the closeout pricing we had here in the US a few years ago. My next choice would be the FXT90 without knowing more about your signature preferences. 

I like deep and tight bass, detailed mids and hights . Large soundstage and good instrumental separation. 
By the way , very nice thread
Sorry for my bad english.

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #8,387 of 16,931
Quote:
Quote:
Is the Astrotec AM-90 still the best option for under $50?
How about under $100?
The VSonic GR06 is under $70, and has better sound quality than the AM-90, but it's not on Amazon(It's on ebay, but I don't know whether it's the real thing), and it doesn't look as good IMO, so will it be worth it?

One of the best, as long as you like a balanced sound. The Rock-It R-20 is pretty much the same earphone in a different shell and with minor tuning differences. I am not aware of any fake VSonic products so I wouldn't worry about buying from ebay. Lendmeurears is an authorized VSonic retailer (both via their site and ebay store) if you really want to be safe. 

In any price range it will depend first and foremost on what you're looking for. There are tons of high bang/buck earphones but just because it sounded best to me at a particular price point doesn't mean it will match your preferences best. 

The R-20's are $23 cheaper than the GR06, so if they're pretty much the same, I guess it's either that or the Astrotec AM-90. How do they compare?

I still don't know what I'm looking for, even after looking at the glossary of the audiophile terminology, so anything goes, I guess.

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #8,388 of 16,931
Think he meant the R20 is about the same as the AM90, both likely use the same Knowles drivers.

GR06 would likely be quite different from the two.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #8,389 of 16,931
Quote:
Thanks for the review Joker. =)

I am going to add those for my collection plus sell it though www.multi5enses.com in Singapore!

beerchug.gif

Quote:
I think this is one of the best headphone guides around. I wonder why this didn't come up when I was googling 'Headphone guide' for weeks...............

[size=small]I'm planning to buy a set of earphones for around 100$ and am tempted to go for the Denon AHC560R. I actually wanted to go for the Vsonic GR6 but it is not available in my country and importing it costs double. Even Shure SE215, Etymotic costs +[/size][size=small]$150.[/size][size=small] I want something with balanced treble, mids and lows. I mainly listen to metal/rock and sometimes pop. The only earphones available around the [/size][size=small]$100 mark are the Denons and Klipsch S4 (currently). Which of these will be good to go? Any other suggestions/alternatives?[/size]

[size=small]Thanks. [/size]

The term "Headphone Guide" isn't anywhere in the title or the body of this thread
redface.gif

Sorry, I haven't heard the C560R. The Denon C710 is pretty good, better than the S4 in my opinion, but I don't know if they still sell it. Not all that balanced but not as bad as the S4. Other good options - HiSound, MEElectronics, Rock-It Sounds, etc - would probably all require importing.

Quote:
is the r 50 next?

No, but soon. 

Quote:
joker, thanks for the lower Rockit additions. kinda disapointed, as their upper models seem to be better (i only tried the R-50)
good thing i went for the philips SHE3*

Agreed. Even the R-20 isn't that much more expensive than the R-10/R-11, but it's so much better. 

Quote:
I like deep and tight bass, detailed mids and hights . Large soundstage and good instrumental separation. 
By the way , very nice thread
Sorry for my bad english.

I would go for the HJE900, the soundstage is not huge but the bass is good and the overall sound is clean, if a little v-shaped. It's a really good price, too.

Quote:
The R-20's are $23 cheaper than the GR06, so if they're pretty much the same, I guess it's either that or the Astrotec AM-90. How do they compare?

I still don't know what I'm looking for, even after looking at the glossary of the audiophile terminology, so anything goes, I guess.

I meant the AM-90, not the GR06. R-20 and AM-90 are about the same price and sound very similar. Main difference would probably be that the R-20 is more difficult to wear cable-down.

Quote:
Think he meant the R20 is about the same as the AM90, both likely use the same Knowles drivers.
GR06 would likely be quite different from the two.

Correct.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #8,391 of 16,931
Quote:
Quote:

I meant the AM-90, not the GR06. R-20 and AM-90 are about the same price and sound very similar. Main difference would probably be that the R-20 is more difficult to wear cable-down.

Ok, so how does the GR06 compare with the AM-90/R-20?

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #8,392 of 16,931
Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone has requested this yet, but do you plan on doing a review of the Heir Audio universals?

Maybe. I am part of the loaner tour but if I feel I don't have time for them I'll have to skip my turn.

Quote:
Ok, so how does the GR06 compare with the AM-90/R-20?

The GR06 has deeper, fuller, more natural bass and better treble reach with more 'air' to its sound. Clarity (not a strong suit of the GR06) is similar to the AM-90. Presentation is a touch more enveloping. 

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #8,396 of 16,931
Quote:

Ok thanks :)
It's not about the sony hybrid tips, they didn't come in the normal sony hybrids box and even though I was supposed to get only the small size (that has the green color shells), they all have the green color but are in different sizes. My left ear seems to like them but my right ear hates them, no matter which one I use lol. It might also have to do with the Q350 housings. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the Q350 have 5mm drivers and the hybrids are for 3mm drivers (the inner part is kinda stretched when they're on).
So do you think I should buy the hybrids? (original this time). It's just that they're a little expensive, about the price of the Monoprice 8320 :p
Edit: Now looking at it it appears that on the original small is orange and medium is green. They're in different sizes anyway.. Appears they are fake :p
Edit 2: Damn! Amazon are on sale, it appears.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350312887&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+hybrid
http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Enhanced-Hi-Fi-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B007VEQ2UU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1350312887&sr=8-6&keywords=sony+hybrid
That's pretty cheap, good chance I'm buying these XD
Edit 3: According to this review:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2OPC4VXQV9QJB/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B001RB24UA&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=#wasThisHelpful
They don't fit well with the monoprice earphones. What's your opinon of it? Because you said they fit well in your review. Also, do CW31 tips count as "Meelec long single flange"?

Hey joker, maybe you missed it but I'd love if you can respond to this post :)

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #8,397 of 16,931
Quote:
Quote:

Ok thanks :)
It's not about the sony hybrid tips, they didn't come in the normal sony hybrids box and even though I was supposed to get only the small size (that has the green color shells), they all have the green color but are in different sizes. My left ear seems to like them but my right ear hates them, no matter which one I use lol. It might also have to do with the Q350 housings. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the Q350 have 5mm drivers and the hybrids are for 3mm drivers (the inner part is kinda stretched when they're on).
So do you think I should buy the hybrids? (original this time). It's just that they're a little expensive, about the price of the Monoprice 8320 :p
Edit: Now looking at it it appears that on the original small is orange and medium is green. They're in different sizes anyway.. Appears they are fake :p
Edit 2: Damn! Amazon are on sale, it appears.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350312887&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+hybrid
http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Enhanced-Hi-Fi-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B007VEQ2UU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1350312887&sr=8-6&keywords=sony+hybrid
That's pretty cheap, good chance I'm buying these XD
Edit 3: According to this review:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2OPC4VXQV9QJB/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B001RB24UA&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=#wasThisHelpful
They don't fit well with the monoprice earphones. What's your opinon of it? Because you said they fit well in your review. Also, do CW31 tips count as "Meelec long single flange"?

Hey joker, maybe you missed it but I'd love if you can respond to this post :)

The sony hybrids fit the Monoprice just fine. They're a tad small, and it takes a bit of work to get them on, but they fit very snugly.

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #8,398 of 16,931
Joker, have you seen these?
$100 dynamic hybrids, and $150 BA hybrids, that allegedly rival the ER4 and PFE:
http://cosmicears.com/

Getting great reviews, too:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/626714/cosmic-ears-new-ciem-company-with-crazy-low-prices-including-hybrid-designs

I may spring for a pair of the Sport+ in the near future (they're the same as the Pure+, but with a detachable cable).
May wait for new products in November.

The Flex, is fully customizable, and the HY3 is a three driver (one dynamic for the low end) for about $300.

Did I mention those prices include an impression kit?

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #8,400 of 16,931
Quote:
The sony hybrids fit the Monoprice just fine. They're a tad small, and it takes a bit of work to get them on, but they fit very snugly.

Thanks for the reply, then I'll probarly be buying the Monoprice 8320 and the Sony hybrids, and if I'm not satisfied with them (probarly comfort wise) I'll buy the CW31 :)
Have you tried the monoprice 8320 with the sony hybrids? Could you comment on how they fit and if they are comfortable? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back