Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #8,296 of 16,931
Quote:
Great review Joker! these rock it sounds do sound swell for their price range. I can't wait to read your review on the higher end rock it's. As always thanks for taking the time to post these reviews, your the best!
wink_face.gif

The prices are pretty amazing - the R-20 is cheaper than any other SR-based earphone I'm aware of and the R-30 is pretty much a Westone 1 at half the price.

Quote:
     Flagships. Probably CIEM manufacturers can send you review samples.

Very time-consuming to get samples but I'll see if I can arrange something with UE through InnerFidelity.

Quote:
     I have heard those and couple more, Red Sparrows, Russian Circles, I Hear Sirens, Mogwai, The Evpatoria Report, The Pirate Ship Quintent, The Seven Mile Journey, This Will Destroy You, Up-C Down-C Left-C Right-C ABC + Start, Yndi Halda etc.

Have an album by Mogwai and two each by Russian Circles (though I didn't like their latest) and This Will Destroy You. Will check out the rest, thanks.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #8,297 of 16,931
Wow, this has got to be the holy grail of IEM threads on the entire interwebz.

Seriously impressed!

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #8,298 of 16,931
Quote:
Wow, this has got to be the holy grail of IEM threads on the entire interwebz.

Seriously impressed!

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #8,301 of 16,931
Quote:

well, the AM90 is at same price as the 20. 

so, the 30 are great vocalist like the W1 ??

AM-90 price must have dropped. They were around $45 when I reviewed them. I actually like the design of the AM-90 a little better just because they can be worn cord-up or cord-down but either one is a great value. 

The R-30 is good with vocals - mid-forward and clear but also smooth and a touch warm. 

Quote:
That will be nice. I'd love to see the comparison with UERM.

Me too 
beerchug.gif
. To be honest I am curious about the Atrio MG6 Pro as well especially as I am not really a fan of FutureSonics universals. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #8,302 of 16,931
I know this is just a IEM review thread, but i just had to ask....
Im currently contemplating to get either Alessandro MS1i or VSONIC GR07 mkII, or maybe even save some money to get Superlux hd668b. I have audition 3 of these and i liked all 3 of them but im currently confuse which to picked. Asuming i can inly get one of these headphone/IEM to buy, which is the best on Sound Quality score alone?

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #8,303 of 16,931
I recently let go of my GR07 MK2, looking for something smoother and less bright.. Have my eye on EPH-100 but sold out at most shops that carry it here =.=

Any others that I may wanna try?

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #8,304 of 16,931
Quote:

AM-90 price must have dropped. They were around $45 when I reviewed them. I actually like the design of the AM-90 a little better just because they can be worn cord-up or cord-down but either one is a great value. 

The R-30 is good with vocals - mid-forward and clear but also smooth and a touch warm. 

actually i  was wondering if they excel in female vocals too like the W1 did

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #8,306 of 16,931
Quote:
I recently let go of my GR07 MK2, looking for something smoother and less bright.. Have my eye on EPH-100 but sold out at most shops that carry it here =.=

you may like the ue 700 or ue 600 for their dark signature , ha-fxt90 will be close with lesser treble and i would put these over eph-100 . fxt is warm sounding .

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #8,307 of 16,931
Quote:
I know this is just a IEM review thread, but i just had to ask....
Im currently contemplating to get either Alessandro MS1i or VSONIC GR07 mkII, or maybe even save some money to get Superlux hd668b. I have audition 3 of these and i liked all 3 of them but im currently confuse which to picked. Asuming i can inly get one of these headphone/IEM to buy, which is the best on Sound Quality score alone?

I would say the GR07 is the best of those by a margin. I've only heard the mkI but it shouldn't be too different. 

Quote:

The EPH-100 fits the bill very well. Don't know what your budget is but the Monster Turbine Pros/Miles Davis Tributes come to mind as well as the Radius TWF-11R. I'd still rather have an EPH-100 though. 

Quote:
actually i  was wondering if they excel in female vocals too like the W1 did

The R-30 is a little more energetic and less forgiving of sibilance but otherwise it's just as good. 

Quote:
Which one do you prefer, the Hippo VB or the Future Sonics Atrio MG7?
The MG7 obvously looks horrible, but does it sound better? Seems I can get them for roughly the same price.

At the same price I'd take the MG7 any day unless I was worried about treble extension which the VB does a little better.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #8,308 of 16,931
hi ljokerl! can you give me a quick comparison between Soundmagic E10 and philips she3580?
which one is more suitable for rock?
which one has less bass quantity and more mid?

thanks

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #8,309 of 16,931
I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are when comparing the JVC-HAFXT90, Yamaha EPH-100, Sony MDR-EX600, Vsonic Gr07 mk2, and for fun I'll toss in the Sony XB90EX and Brainwavz M5.

If you have heard any of the above, I'd like your input. They are on my short list of iems to purchase for my upcoming birthday. If you haven't guessed, the kind of sound I am looking for is excellent subbass and bass presence with non-recessed mids. (For bass, subbbass >= midbass is my taste)

If any of the above happen to have fantastic treble in addition, then that makes them a more likely purchase. Factors I am also considering include detail and soundstage.
Recommendations are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

And if you happen to know a mic'd iem with the sound of the one you recommend out of those, I'd like to know as well.

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #8,310 of 16,931
Quote:
The EPH-100 fits the bill very well. Don't know what your budget is but the Monster Turbine Pros/Miles Davis Tributes come to mind as well as the Radius TWF-11R. I'd still rather have an EPH-100 though. 

That's what I got. Bit heavy on the bass but otherwise pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back