Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 7, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #8,327 of 16,931
Quote:
I only have a stock TF10. The e-Q5 is a more balanced than that and than the FX500 as well. Definitely no recessed mids there. It's actually still one of the most 'pleasant' earphones I've heard, maybe not the best at anything but so refined and relaxed that wanted to listen to it instead of reviewing it. 

Hi joker,

Thanks for your quick response
wink_face.gif

I have another question about it

does the e-Q5 have similar sound signature of brainwavz m1? because I've already sell my brainwavz m1 which does not fit my preference..

My preference is similar to tf10 or U shape sound signature, mostly I listen to rock, rnb, pop, acoustic and hip hop

My max budget for the new iem will be 200usd

I'm just worried about e-Q5's treble it might not suit me, because I like sparkly and extended highs
May be dba02 mk-II might suit me
popcorn.gif

but I wonder the bass of it, is it similar to tf10 and without metallic timbre?
angry_face.gif

if yes I might go for it
beyersmile.png

if you have any other suggested iem, I will be gladly to consider it

Thank you very much for enlightening me for my next purchase
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #8,328 of 16,931
Brainwavz B2 and Fischer Audio DBA-02 (mkI; mkII probably as well, as they measure very much the same) doesn't have metallic timbre to my ears - only high amounts of 4-6k brightness if used with foams.
Interestingly enough, this brightness is reduced noticeably (to near zero?) with silicone tips.
(e.g. included single flanges or even better, VSonic single flanges)

9/10 in my scale - pity they don't have any better subbass handling. The signature with silicones is relatively flat to my ears with minor dip in the center midrange (pushing female vocals back) and very minor aggressive boost at 5-6 kHz.
No metallic 2-3 kHz boost, no metallic "bell-like" 4k resonance.

Oct 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #8,330 of 16,931
Quote:
Brainwavz B2 and Fischer Audio DBA-02 (mkI; mkII probably as well, as they measure very much the same) doesn't have metallic timbre to my ears - only high amounts of 4-6k brightness if used with foams.
Interestingly enough, this brightness is reduced noticeably (to near zero?) with silicone tips.
(e.g. included single flanges or even better, VSonic single flanges)

9/10 in my scale - pity they don't have any better subbass handling. The signature with silicones is relatively flat to my ears with minor dip in the center midrange (pushing female vocals back) and very minor aggressive boost at 5-6 kHz.
No metallic 2-3 kHz boost, no metallic "bell-like" 4k resonance.

AstralStorm, wow, that's a good news, no metallic timbre makes me jump and grab those dba-02 mkII right away

usually I use silicone tips in my iems, foam tips is very expensive for me

now the search begins and if possible I will audition this in our local store first

thanks a lot for your advice

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #8,331 of 16,931
Quote:

Hi joker,

Thanks for your quick response
wink_face.gif

I have another question about it

does the e-Q5 have similar sound signature of brainwavz m1? because I've already sell my brainwavz m1 which does not fit my preference..

My preference is similar to tf10 or U shape sound signature, mostly I listen to rock, rnb, pop, acoustic and hip hop

My max budget for the new iem will be 200usd

I'm just worried about e-Q5's treble it might not suit me, because I like sparkly and extended highs
May be dba02 mk-II might suit me
popcorn.gif

but I wonder the bass of it, is it similar to tf10 and without metallic timbre?
angry_face.gif

if yes I might go for it
beyersmile.png

if you have any other suggested iem, I will be gladly to consider it

Thank you very much for enlightening me for my next purchase
biggrin.gif

No, the M1 is thicker and more mid-centric. The e-Q5 is more balanced and clean-sounding. However, it's really not v- or u-shaped. Neither is the DBA-02 mkII, but it does have more treble energy than the e-Q5. Leaner bass, though.  And both have less bass than the TF10. Even the UE900 has less bass than the TF10, and that's UE's own follow-up.

Quote:

Mismatch sounds like a much more plausible theory than mine.  
tongue.gif

Looked it up and there are conflicting reports online, some say 120 ohm, some say 5 ohm.  

That's a pretty wide gap 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #8,333 of 16,931
Quote:

I know, it's harder than it should be to find detailed information on Antelope products.  

Indeed. Tech specs really shouldn't be a matter of opinion. 

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #8,335 of 16,931
A full review of the MEElec A161P and Fischer SBA-03, with measurements, has been posted at InnerFidelity here. I'll be adding the MEElec A161P to the chart as a separate entry in the near future. The cable, plug, and accessory pack are different from the Fischer version. Everything else is pretty much the same. 

Quote:
Sorry to ask, but what do you mean by "treble filters"?

The K3003 comes with 3 sets of tuning filters that affect the sound - bass boost, treble boost, and reference. There's some info on them in the beginning of my write-up as well. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #8,337 of 16,931
hi ljokerl! I want to recommend some U (or even V)shaped headphone to one of my friend that listen to pop and  rock & metal songs
I want to recommend him tf10 and w3 or even ie8 (I heard w4r and ex1000 and ie8)

when I listen to metal songs with ex1000 I hear a lot of harshness in treble (in ie8 case the treble was good without any harshness) so  are w3 or tf10 safe choices?
can you suggest me some U (or even V)shaped headphone which have not a hot treble like ex1000? (I think that something  like ie8 whit less bass quantity and tighter bass will be suitable.)

thanks

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #8,338 of 16,931
Quote:
A full review of the MEElec A161P and Fischer SBA-03, with measurements, has been posted at InnerFidelity here. I'll be adding the MEElec A161P to the chart as a separate entry in the near future. The cable, plug, and accessory pack are different from the Fischer version. Everything else is pretty much the same. 

The K3003 comes with 3 sets of tuning filters that affect the sound - bass boost, treble boost, and reference. There's some info on them in the beginning of my write-up as well. 

Thanks for the answer joker, I didn't understand he was refering to the K3003

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #8,339 of 16,931
Quote:
256. Nice round number for us IT people.

Are you testing the Rock-It R50 already? Would they reach at least 8.5 on your rating scale?

Yes and yes

Quote:
hi ljokerl! I want to recommend some U (or even V)shaped headphone to one of my friend that listen to pop and  rock & metal songs
I want to recommend him tf10 and w3 or even ie8 (I heard w4r and ex1000 and ie8)

when I listen to metal songs with ex1000 I hear a lot of harshness in treble (in ie8 case the treble was good without any harshness) so  are w3 or tf10 safe choices?
can you suggest me some U (or even V)shaped headphone which have not a hot treble like ex1000? (I think that something  like ie8 whit less bass quantity and tighter bass will be suitable.)

thanks

The TF10 has less treble energy than the EX1000 in my experience but it's by no means laid-back. The W3 is highly tip depend and can sound somewhat harsh. I would consider the Yamaha EPH-100 or Monster Miles Davis Trumpet as alternatives. The Trumpet is more v-shaped but not harsh or bright while the EPH-100 is a bit more laid-back up top and has a heavier midrange emphasis. 

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #8,340 of 16,931
Quote:

Yes and yes

The TF10 has less treble energy than the EX1000 in my experience but it's by no means laid-back. The W3 is highly tip depend and can sound somewhat harsh. I would consider the Yamaha EPH-100 or Monster Miles Davis Trumpet as alternatives. The Trumpet is more v-shaped but not harsh or bright while the EPH-100 is a bit more laid-back up top and has a heavier midrange emphasis. 

thanks, my friend think that the bass quantity of klipsch s4 is too much (boomy) for him. do you think that eph-100 has less bass quantity? (as you said in your review, eph-100 has less bass quantity than Monster Miles Davis Trumpet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back