Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 26, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #7,996 of 16,931
Quote:
Which of these is best for casual listeing (all same price)
JVC ha fxt90l2
Rockit sounds r 50
Jays q jays
acs t15 (used)
yamaha eph 100
radius hptwf11k (used)
panasonic hje 900
brainwavz b2

just a bit of advice , for casual listening take the one with strong cable and build . i think for a fun listening jvc and yamaha will do it .

Aug 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #7,998 of 16,931
JVC is excellent sound, but shallow fit means relatively low isolation.
Panasonic is quite heavy, thus not that great for listening on the move - otherwise rock solid. Also shallow fit.
Yamaha has a bit smooth sound, but excellent build quality and fit.
Jays would be nice if not for the hardening cable, which is prone to break after some time.
ACS T15 and Brainwavz B2 are pretty bright, good for analytic listening but not necessarily casual. The latter also has some plasticky build quality.
Radius TWF11 is supposedly pretty bad fit and not that great build quality.
Rockit is pretty rare and I don't know it at all.

You might like VSonic GR07 mkII or GR06 of course.

Aug 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #7,999 of 16,931
Which IEM comes closest to the sound of the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II?
I´m looking at the Meeceltronics A161, Yamaha Eph-100, REO....do any of these have a similar sound presentation to the HD 25?
If not, any recommendations?

Thanks

Aug 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #8,000 of 16,931
Which IEM comes closest to the sound of the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II?
I´m looking at the Meeceltronics A161, Yamaha Eph-100, REO....do any of these have a similar sound presentation to the HD 25?
If not, any recommendations?

Thanks

What exactly is it you like about the HD 25-1 II's if I may ask?

I personally found my IE80's to have a very similar sound signature to my HD 25-1 II's. Though I don't know whether this is because of my inexperience with IEM's, or because it was intentional.

Aug 26, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #8,001 of 16,931
@DEZ: I dumped my HD25s for a pair of Meelec CC51s and I'm still not regretting it, and I loved the Sennheisers. Great bass, lively highs and crunchy but a bit distant midrange. Clear and very engaging sound, in short. They're about $50 so you don't really have much to lose by trying them.

Which brings me to my next point: I wanna upgrade. I have the CC51, love them, but have a bit of a fit issue (small canals). I also ordered the Meelec A151 on a whim, don't really care for the sound, too warm and a bit smudged, IMO. What I'm looking for is an upgrade to the CC51, with maybe a better midrange, while keeping the clarity and engaging sound (read slight V-shape). My first target is the A161p, but I'm a bit reluctant, as it's a BA and might be lacking in bass and treble. Budget is a factor - around $100, as is availability, since I live in Europe and things here are expensive and hard to come by.

Sorry for the long post. TL;DR version: upgrade to the CC51s, 100$. A161p yes or no? Thanks for tuning in.

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #8,003 of 16,931
Quote:
@DEZ: I dumped my HD25s for a pair of Meelec CC51s and I'm still not regretting it, and I loved the Sennheisers. Great bass, lively highs and crunchy but a bit distant midrange. Clear and very engaging sound, in short. They're about $50 so you don't really have much to lose by trying them.

Which brings me to my next point: I wanna upgrade. I have the CC51, love them, but have a bit of a fit issue (small canals). I also ordered the Meelec A151 on a whim, don't really care for the sound, too warm and a bit smudged, IMO. What I'm looking for is an upgrade to the CC51, with maybe a better midrange, while keeping the clarity and engaging sound (read slight V-shape). My first target is the A161p, but I'm a bit reluctant, as it's a BA and might be lacking in bass and treble. Budget is a factor - around $100, as is availability, since I live in Europe and things here are expensive and hard to come by.

Sorry for the long post. TL;DR version: upgrade to the CC51s, 100$. A161p yes or no? Thanks for tuning in.

Thanks, zmd

I´m also interested in the A161´s they fit my budget $100-$150 but I´m also reluctant because they might be lacking in Bass.  
I´m also considering the Yamaha eph-100, i´m pretty sure Bass would be fine but not sure about the mids or treble??
Can anybody compare either of these IEMs to the HD25?

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #8,004 of 16,931
YO i just got the jvc fxt90 and they sound very nice considering i got them for 112$ including tax but as mentioned, their shallow fit doesn't allow for much isolation. These also have very large nozzles and none of the tips from my other earphones fit these. Anyone know of some longer tips that would fit the fxt90?

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #8,005 of 16,931
joker, i have fx500 and tf10, i'm planning to save-up for new iem

just wanted to ask you, if the miracle is massive upgrade from these?

i love my fx500 due to its sub bass, timbre, soundstage and airy highs

and i also love my tf10 due it's midbass, details and mids

can i get the best of both worlds in miracle?

or any iem you may suggest?

thank you,

Aug 27, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #8,007 of 16,931
Just bought a pair of etymotic hf5 which I thought is brand new but in fact is opened box and am not even sure if it is used or not for $130 in a store, I was pretty upset when I find out about it but not anymore when I put them in my ear, they isolates quite good which is one of the reason why I bought them, and they sounds very balanced and detailed, nothing seems to be missing from them unlike the jvc fx40, which also sounds pretty detailed but has a v-shaped frequency response with quite a few peaks and dips.
I won't be purchasing anymore earphones until my hf5 stops working.
etysmile.gif

Mine has a I plug instead of the 45 degree plug that joker has reviewed, I suppose mine are the older version?

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #8,008 of 16,931
Here's to hoping your hf5 keep working for a long time :wink:

I'm surprised you're not flat-out amazed by their isolation though. try some more tips?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #8,009 of 16,931
YO i just got the jvc fxt90 and they sound very nice considering i got them for 112$ including tax but as mentioned, their shallow fit doesn't allow for much isolation. These also have very large nozzles and none of the tips from my other earphones fit these. Anyone know of some longer tips that would fit the fxt90?

I've used RadioShack hybrids, but find I prefer the short biflanges that are included in the MEElec M11+ tip kit in three sizes, or also available (more expensively) as Sennheiser CX300 tips from Amazon. BTW, I get a deeper, more secure fit with these and plenty of isolation, but they also keep the bass in better balance with the rest of the spectrum IMHO.

Aug 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #8,010 of 16,931
Quote:
Here's to hoping your hf5 keep working for a long time
wink.gif

I'm surprised you're not flat-out amazed by their isolation though. try some more tips?

Probably he haven't got the tips/insertion right yet, it took me quite a while to get the triple-flange on the right depth, in the begining it was too shalow(and so didn't isolate), then I tried it too deep(yes, it was dumb, at least I stoped before I did any damage), and finaly I got the depth right, and well, half of the world around me was gone.

It may be wishfull thinking, but is it possible to get the same level of isolation with the Westone 4(using some magical tips?) as I get with the HF5 + triple flange( I (sadly) accept that I won't be getting the same type of isolation I get with the ety-foam tips........)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back