Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #7,261 of 16,931
Quote:
Which tips will you recommend to use with the JVC fx40 to improve the isolation without sacrificing much comfort and sound quality? I prefer them not to be foam tips as I don't want to spend so much money.Thanks.

I ended up using a set of UE bi-flange as they made the FX40 least offensive to my ears. I don't think they're available for purchase anymore, though, so maybe try a MEElec M11+ tip set? The short MEE bi-flanges were okay for me as well and are still in production. 

Quote:
Hi joker, you "bought" me again a pair of new  earphones... The astrotec AM90 . Like them!   Received  before a few hours -  and  they are still in my ears , listening my favorites ( Darks Side of the Moon,  Getz/Gilberto , Kind of Blue...) again and again .   Own  just one  mor pair of BAs ,  A151 , where the vocals, cymbals ... are more believables, but music contains other instruments, too. So I do not want to spend more  than 41 bucks for other IEM. (Wish I could 
wink_face.gif
 ) . Have a nice day!   cSg

Congrats, they're a very nice budget buy and a great start for Astrotec.

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #7,264 of 16,931
That new N8 and N9 from MEELEC look great. Very curious of how the N9 sounds.

http://www.meelec.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=N8

http://www.meelec.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=n9

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #7,265 of 16,931
Quote:
How would Astrotec AM-90, VSONIC GR02, and brainwavz m4 compare, disregarding price?

The AM-90 and GR02 are priced about the same to start with. You can see from the reviews/scores on the front page of this thread that they are also pretty evenly matched overall and in value-for-money but that I think the GR02 has a small edge in sound quality as long as you don't mind its greater emphasis on the bass and treble compared to the AM-90. I've never heard the M4.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #7,266 of 16,931
Quote:

The AM-90 and GR02 are priced about the same to start with. You can see from the reviews/scores on the front page of this thread that they are also pretty evenly matched overall and in value-for-money but that I think the GR02 has a small edge in sound quality as long as you don't mind its greater emphasis on the bass and treble compared to the AM-90. I've never heard the M4.

Okay, thanks.
Just one last thing: is the VSONIC GR06 worth the extra 25 dollars over the VSONIC GR02?
Thanks again 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #7,267 of 16,931
Quote:
Okay, thanks.
Just one last thing: is the VSONIC GR06 worth the extra 25 dollars over the VSONIC GR02?
Thanks again 
smily_headphones1.gif

They differ in sound signature and form factor, not just price. If you like your mids more upfront, or if you prefer the over-the-ear form factor, the GR06 is definitely worth the extra money. Otherwise whether or not the differences are worth it to you is a personal call.

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #7,268 of 16,931
I currently have the se425 and was wondering if the upgrade to the 535 would be worth it?
I like something with more prominant treble with nice, smooth mids and not as strong but still present bass.
I feel like the se425 does most of this very well in a portable and compact solution but I was wondering, since money is not an issue, if the 535 would be worth the upgrade. I'd be trading the 425 back in for the upgrade so it's not like I'm buying a completely new pair.
I really like the treble and mids of the 425so as long as they stay relatively similar, but maybe improved a bit, I'd consier that worth it but I've never really used the 535.
Can someone help me out?

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #7,269 of 16,931
Quote:
I currently have the se425 and was wondering if the upgrade to the 535 would be worth it?
I like something with more prominant treble with nice, smooth mids and not as strong but still present bass.
I feel like the se425 does most of this very well in a portable and compact solution but I was wondering, since money is not an issue, if the 535 would be worth the upgrade. I'd be trading the 425 back in for the upgrade so it's not like I'm buying a completely new pair.
I really like the treble and mids of the 425so as long as they stay relatively similar, but maybe improved a bit, I'd consier that worth it but I've never really used the 535.
Can someone help me out?

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the SE425 - the last Shure '4' series IEM I heard was the old E4. There was a review of the SE425 comparing to the SE535 I remember coming across, which may be worth searching for. Otherwise maybe someone else can chime in on the differences. 

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #7,270 of 16,931
Unfortunately I am not familiar with the SE425 - the last Shure '4' series IEM I heard was the old E4. There was a review of the SE425 comparing to the SE535 I remember coming across, which may be worth searching for. Otherwise maybe someone else can chime in on the differences. 

I saw one or 2 of the threads here (from the search) about the differences between the 425 and 535.
The 535 has more bass, soundstaging and better extension on both ends while keeping the very smooth mids and treble that I like but I wanted another confirmation.

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #7,271 of 16,931
Quote:
I saw one or 2 of the threads here (from the search) about the differences between the 425 and 535.
The 535 has more bass, soundstaging and better extension on both ends while keeping the very smooth mids and treble that I like but I wanted another confirmation.

Thanks a lot now you're making me wonder if I should buy a 535.
Reading this thread can sometimes be expensive

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #7,272 of 16,931
Hi again |joker|, I'm considering advancing to a more analytical, but still aggressive signature ala the Brainwavz B2. Moving on from the FXT90, how would you describe the transition from the coloredness and musicality of the 90 to the B2's? Do you think the two would compliment each other quite well?

Thanks!

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #7,273 of 16,931
Quote:
Reading this thread can sometimes be expensive

Glad I had nothing to do with it this time..

Quote:
Hi again |joker|, I'm considering advancing to a more analytical, but still aggressive signature ala the Brainwavz B2. Moving on from the FXT90, how would you describe the transition from the coloredness and musicality of the 90 to the B2's? Do you think the two would compliment each other quite well?

Thanks!

I guess you can expect a leaner, cooler sound with less bass presence and less midrange forwardness. Just like moving from any other colored-sounding IEM to a more neutral one, you may hear details you haven't noticed before just because nothing will overshadow the fine nuances with the B2. I do think they would be good compliments and they are both some of the best earphones you can get for the money with their respective signatures.

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #7,274 of 16,931
gr06 vs m4, which is the best? which 1 wins in most of the following attributes?

more open sounding,
airy n spacious,
forward mids,
more speed,
best instrument seperation(definitely loves this attribute) and imaging,
detailed highs,
more articulating,
some bass with quality(not boomy),
smoother,
not thick sounding(i dono what is opposite to thick sounding),

which 1 is easy going with all type of genres??
thanks in advance!

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #7,275 of 16,931
I now have my portable setup like this: FIIO E6 (Moderate Bass Booster)+FIIO E11 (Bass Booster Level 1 + High Gain) w Best pairing>/VSonic GR06, JVC HA-FXT90, A151, Ultrasone HFI-450 and Beyerdynamic DTX 910. The whole frequency is cleaner and enhanced (better detail retrieval).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back