Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #6,721 of 16,931
Joker, after "studying" your current list of IEM's and checking at my price point (I listen to all kinds of music and I know this is subjective), but I have been pondering this decision for a while and I would like your opinion if you think the Fischer DBA-2 MKII are an overall quality set of IEM's?  I am most concerned about sound quality and build.  thanks for you input in advance.  Joyce

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #6,722 of 16,931

Quote:
Hi,
I'm considering the atrios mg7 but I haven't found a comparision with the mtpc that I previously owned!
I would like to know if the mg7 is a downgrade coming from the mtpc
Thank you

Not a downgrade, rather a different signature. The thing you may find most lacking on the MG7 coming from the MTPC is soundstage size.

Quote:
Joker, out of curiosity do you still have the Radius DDM2 on hand still has i am curious of how similar they are to my able planet SI1050. They look identical apart from the vent on the radius. I would be more than happy to send them to you to try out if you have the time?

I would obviously like to hear for my self but I am not in a position at all to buy one and if I was purchasing and iem it'd be something else.
So I guess the secon best thing would be someone I trust as well as value there opinion so that's you!

Sorry, my DDM2 died while out on loan.

Quote:
Joker how would you compare the SE215 to the Xcape IE in terms of soundstage?

The SE215 is a little larger/wider but the IE has good (better) layering and imaging and sounds a bit more 3-d as a result.

Quote:
Hi Joker. I've read from previous posts that Sunrise Impressive Edition will get a higher score on sound quality compared to Vsonic GR06. How about the Sunrise XCITED Edition? Would you score it higher than Vsonic GR06? 

Sorry for another question.

1. Which is better in treble?       Sunrise IE, Sunrise XCITED, Vsonic GR06?
       2. Which is better in midrange?  Sunrise IE, Sunrise XCITED, Vsonic GR06?
       3, Which is better in instrument separation?  Sunrise IE, Sunrise XCITED, Vsonic GR06?
       4. Which has more air/soundstage? (like Hifiman REO)? Sunrise IE, Sunrise XCITED, Vsonic GR06?

Waiting for the review of Sunrise IE & XCITED. 
I trust your ears Joker. From my purchased IEM I gotta say, your sound quality reviews are exactly what I'm hearing.

No, the Xcited is somewhere in the upper-7 range for me. As esanthosh noted, I already reviewed the Xcited and Xcape IE. However, I have not added them to this thread as I have not been able to confirm that the build quality has improved (both of mine died in just a few weeks). The GR06 has a larger soundstage than the Sunrise products but I do think the sound quality of the IE is better overall - it is more detailed and textured through the bass and mids despite similarly warm tone and has slightly better resolution. From memory treble quality is a wash between the IE and GR06 but again my IE has not been working in quite some time. The performance of the IE was actually pretty close to the Fischer Audio Tandem (and the signature is not too far off either).

Quote:
Joker, after "studying" your current list of IEM's and checking at my price point (I listen to all kinds of music and I know this is subjective), but I have been pondering this decision for a while and I would like your opinion if you think the Fischer DBA-2 MKII are an overall quality set of IEM's?  I am most concerned about sound quality and build.  thanks for you input in advance.  Joyce

Well, it did receive a 9.5/10 value rating and a 4/5 in build quality. So yes, it is a solid earphone all around.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #6,723 of 16,931
hi Joker. i am a vocal lover.
i love Tandem than PFE 112, am i wrong?

i really love tandem. can u give me any suggestions those maybe the downgrade and upgrade of tandem?
i think..
the downgrade : GR06
the upgrade : GR01
but i havent heard both of them.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #6,724 of 16,931

i really love tandem. can u give me any suggestions those maybe the downgrade and upgrade of tandem?

If you look at his post above he says that the Sunrise IE is very close.

Quote:

The performance of the IE was actually pretty close to the Fischer Audio Tandem (and the signature is not too far off either).

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #6,726 of 16,931

Quote:

ah.. i am sorry :) thanks.
got it.
"The performance of the IE was actually pretty close to the Fischer Audio Tandem (and the signature is not too far off either)."

I didn't ask for an apology aha, i was just helping out and i also included the quote in my post.
Im sure he will come back with a better answer anyway but just thought id guide you to that. :)

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #6,727 of 16,931

Quote:
hi Joker. i am a vocal lover.
i love Tandem than PFE 112, am i wrong?

i think..
the downgrade : GR06
the upgrade : GR01
but i havent heard both of them.

There's no such thing as wrong when it comes to preferences. The Tandem is impossibly smooth and forgiving - more so than almost anything else out there - and also has deep, impactful bass. The GR06 is a good option but the Xcape IE is indeed more similar for under $100. Without knowing what it is exactly you like about the Tandem, I would say that higher-end sets that are similar in some ways would be the Radius HP-TWF11 "DDM" or HP-TWF21 "DDM2", Monster Turbine Pro Gold, and Earsonics SM2 (if you want to try balanced armature).

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #6,728 of 16,931
Joker, sorry to always bother you, but I'm really confused about what to get, the FXT90 or the EPH-100, how well do they stack against each other?

Also, what natural-signature (not neutral) IEM's would recommend at under 100$...
I'd like something that's un-fatigue-ing... perhaps a smooth sound signature but still has details...
would EPH-100 or FXT90 fit the bill?

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #6,729 of 16,931
hi Joker,

as you can see on my signature, i've sold those iems and had settled down on the W4 which I am really impressed with the details especially on the midbass, i have an incoming sm3s from my parents..

in terms of highs details and quantity, does the sm3 have more than the um3x? i sold my um3x too because i needed some funds and also i already have the w4 and decided to have another signature so i won't be getting them again..

I just wanna make sure that the sm3s won't fail me

thanks!

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #6,730 of 16,931
ljokerl, thank you so much for this hard work!
i can't start to describe how i appreciate it.
wonderful thread! :)
after going through your reviews i've narrowed my options for a new IEM to these:
Soundmagic e10
ID America Spark
Visang r03 \ Brainwavz M2

i was thinking you could help me pick just one...
i like strong bass but i prefer good mids and highs over a REALLY strong bass.
im listening mostly to metal and rock.
i currently have the Klipsch Image S4, and my main complaint is perhaps something
that others find good about it : the fit! .. i just find it too intrusive, reaching
too far inside my ear canal, and yet it doesnt hold very still there, not sitting very snug.
i love the sound of it, except for the little bit of harshness.
id love to have better mids and highs but i love the bass.
so i understand Visang r03 might offer better highs and mids and the Spark might sound similar to the Klipsch?
and when i start thinking about the Spark, im thinking... is it worth the extra $ over the Soundmagic E10??
also the E10 seems a little more comfortable the Spark.
thank you!!

Apr 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #6,731 of 16,931

Quote:
No, the Xcited is somewhere in the upper-7 range for me. As esanthosh noted, I already reviewed the Xcited and Xcape IE. However, I have not added them to this thread as I have not been able to confirm that the build quality has improved (both of mine died in just a few weeks). The GR06 has a larger soundstage than the Sunrise products but I do think the sound quality of the IE is better overall - it is more detailed and textured through the bass and mids despite similarly warm tone and has slightly better resolution. From memory treble quality is a wash between the IE and GR06 but again my IE has not been working in quite some time. The performance of the IE was actually pretty close to the Fischer Audio Tandem (and the signature is not too far off either).

Thank you very much Joker, specially on the build quality issue with Sunrise. I'm about to purchase XCITED but because of your response I think I've save some money.  

Really looking for some IEM that have same(or almost) sound signature with RE0. Ultimate Ears 600 perhaps?
I have Etymotic HF5(like it) but I'm longing for the air and treble that REO gaves me.  
Budget is not more than $100 and build quality is highly considered.

Apr 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #6,732 of 16,931
if fit is you trouble , you need over ear canal , try a e30 or a vsonic - gr06 which joker says is awesome at this price , but lacks some bass .

Apr 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #6,733 of 16,931
Hi ljokerl, could you compare the treble of the DBA-02 MkII to that of the FXT-90?  And overall, how do they compare?  I'm finding that the treble on the JVCs is a bit overwhelming at times, maybe a bit too aggressive.  Not sure if the Fischers are better in that regard, but thought I'd ask.  Thanks!

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #6,735 of 16,931
Suman134:
i think i wanna stick with a straight-down setup... my problem with the Klipsch S4 fit is the tips going too
far inside... i used to have a Sennheiser cx300 and it was totally comfortable (straight-down).
i just can't decide between the id America Spark and the Soundmagic e10...and after picking one,
it will be *it* vs *Visang r03*........ :)
thank you..... :)
***please help Joker !! :))***

Users who are viewing this thread

Back