Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #6,151 of 16,931
First of all great job. Secondly I'm wondering if you took the vsonic GR06 for a quick spin and what are your initial thoughts. I'm wondering if they are worth the trouble or should I find something extra for the RE0. 

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #6,152 of 16,931

Quote:
i have tried FAD Heaven C , and i think the bass is punch , if there's any earphone that sound like that and cheaper i'd be happy :)

GR07 or EX600 could be good options. The 'C' does indeed have very good punch for an armature.

Quote:
First of all great job. Secondly I'm wondering if you took the vsonic GR06 for a quick spin and what are your initial thoughts. I'm wondering if they are worth the trouble or should I find something extra for the RE0. 

Thanks! I did try my GR06 pre burn-in and was impressed. I think at $50 the value is excellent - it seems to be a very solid all around performer with good balance. Good bass punch, slightly warmer tone than GR07, clean mids. Treble seems to have a bit of that same peakiness the GR07 treble had early on but it shouldn't be a big deal in the long run.

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #6,153 of 16,931
@joker

Which one is better between Radius HP-TWF11R Pro “DDM” and Sony MDR-ZX700 Sound Quality wise?
I know both are different things altogether, One is In-ear headphone and the other one is Circumaural Headphone

Please tell me in detail that how do they compare to each-other and which is better in bass, articulation, depth, Fast, focus, Grip, Imaging, low level detail, naturalness, Pace, Snap, Soundstage, Speed, Texture, Tightness of bass, Timbre, Timing and transient.

Sorry for asking this much but I will be so much glad if you can compare these terms in both the Radius and sony.

Thank You.

Warm Regards.

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #6,155 of 16,931

Quote:
Thanks! I did try my GR06 pre burn-in and was impressed. I think at $50 the value is excellent - it seems to be a very solid all around performer with good balance. Good bass punch, slightly warmer tone than GR07, clean mids. Treble seems to have a bit of that same peakiness the GR07 treble had early on but it shouldn't be a big deal in the long run.

would you recommend it for rock , like the 07 ?

btw. what's your opinion of the gr01?

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #6,156 of 16,931

Quote:
Which one is better between Radius HP-TWF11R Pro “DDM” and Sony MDR-ZX700 Sound Quality wise?
I know both are different things altogether, One is In-ear headphone and the other one is Circumaural Headphone

Please tell me in detail that how do they compare to each-other and which is better in bass, articulation, depth, Fast, focus, Grip, Imaging, low level detail, naturalness, Pace, Snap, Soundstage, Speed, Texture, Tightness of bass, Timbre, Timing and transient.

You're asking for an apples-to-oranges comparison in great detail between two sets I haven't heard in a year or more. Sorry, no can do. From a very general SQ perspective the DDM is more bass-heavy (considering it's an in-ear) and has better depth but for more detail you'd have to find someone who can compare both directly.

Quote:
would you recommend it for rock , like the 07 ?

btw. what's your opinion of the gr01?

Sure - the GR06 should be good for rock considering the price. The bass isn't as tight as that of the GR07 and the depth is poorer but again quite reasonable for the price. I haven't spent much time with the GR01 but so far it seems to be one of the better TWFK-based earphones I've heard. Love the build, fit, and isolation, too.

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #6,157 of 16,931

Quote:
Sure - the GR06 should be good for rock considering the price. The bass isn't as tight as that of the GR07 and the depth is poorer but again quite reasonable for the price. I haven't spent much time with the GR01 but so far it seems to be one of the better TWFK-based earphones I've heard. Love the build, fit, and isolation, too.

Speaking of the GR06, how would it sound with hip-hop/rap? I was thinking the Gr06's limited bass depth might not be suited for something that involves a lot of bass. Is it something that can be fixed with a little bit of equilalizing? 
The build looks incredibly solid in the price range, and the amount of accessories look tempting either.
If the Gr06's bass seems insufficient I feel I will just have to do with the Eterna. The excellent build of the Gr06 compared to the Eterna is sure tempting however...

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #6,158 of 16,931

Quote:

Speaking of the GR06, how would it sound with hip-hop/rap? I was thinking the Gr06's limited bass depth might not be suited for something that involves a lot of bass. Is it something that can be fixed with a little bit of equilalizing? 
The build looks incredibly solid in the price range, and the amount of accessories look tempting either.
If the Gr06's bass seems insufficient I feel I will just have to do with the Eterna. The excellent build of the Gr06 compared to the Eterna is sure tempting however...

It's got emphasized bass but not on level with something like the Eterna, Consonance, id Spark, vPulse, etc. Not sure how it responds to EQ - haven't tried - but you would need to add a lot of bass to get up to Eterna levels and I wouldn't recommend that over just getting an Eterna.

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #6,159 of 16,931
Thank you Joker,

I will definently go with the Eterna. Though I wish it was built as well as the Gr06.... Gotta learn that I can't get everything..

Thanks again.~
Your work and quality of these review threads never ceases to amaze me.. You have my abundant respect.~
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #6,160 of 16,931

is it more like the dba-02/ck10 or more to the q-jays side?

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #6,161 of 16,931

Quote:
You're asking for an apples-to-oranges comparison in great detail between two sets I haven't heard in a year or more. Sorry, no can do. From a very general SQ perspective the DDM is more bass-heavy (considering it's an in-ear) and has better depth but for more detail you'd have to find someone who can compare both directly.

Thank You Joker. I think I should create a new topic.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #6,162 of 16,931
Hello,

Are you planning to test MEElectronics MEE RX12 ? I'm thinking about buying its but I wonder it's at least as good as RX11. Maybe it's obvious but I'm not expert so I would appraciate if somebody could confirm its quality. Thank you in advance :)

Greeting from Poland

Mar 4, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #6,163 of 16,931
Yoo im lookin for good IEMs for around $100 (AUD). I listen to mainly hip-hop, RnB, lotsa ballads and pop. could someone give me some suggestions?? Ive had a look at HiFiMan RE-ZERO buut i found a lot of quality issues from reviews. I found the Beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE too buut heard that the sound isnt as good and there are better for that amount of money worth. I know i kinda am askin for a lot buut i just wanna get a good quality soundin and lastin IEMs. Hope someone can help Thx.

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #6,164 of 16,931

Quote:
Thank you Joker,

I will definently go with the Eterna. Though I wish it was built as well as the Gr06.... Gotta learn that I can't get everything..

Thanks again.~
Your work and quality of these review threads never ceases to amaze me.. You have my abundant respect.~
biggrin.gif

Thanks, hope you like the Fischers.

Quote:

is it more like the dba-02/ck10 or more to the q-jays side?

Not sure yet, seems to be somewhere between. It's not quite as cold as my DBA-02 mkII but doesn't seem to have as much bass as a q-JAYS.

Quote:
Hello,

Are you planning to test MEElectronics MEE RX12 ? I'm thinking about buying its but I wonder it's at least as good as RX11. Maybe it's obvious but I'm not expert so I would appraciate if somebody could confirm its quality. Thank you in advance :)

Greeting from Poland

No plans at this time

Quote:
Yoo im lookin for good IEMs for around $100 (AUD). I listen to mainly hip-hop, RnB, lotsa ballads and pop. could someone give me some suggestions?? Ive had a look at HiFiMan RE-ZERO buut i found a lot of quality issues from reviews. I found the Beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE too buut heard that the sound isnt as good and there are better for that amount of money worth. I know i kinda am askin for a lot buut i just wanna get a good quality soundin and lastin IEMs. Hope someone can help Thx.

There are reviews and a chart on the front page of this thread that might be useful. I don't think you can do much better than a DTX101 if you're looking for more than just sound quality but maybe you should ask the person who told you that you could.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #6,165 of 16,931
Hi Joker,
Congratulations for the thread it is great, and is helping me a lot in deciding which are the best IEM for me. I like very boomy and bassy IEMs, is the IE8 the best in the market with those specs? As well with the ie80 Ive seen in europe its price is going down to 300 USD, do you think that price is reasonable for its quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back