Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #6,136 of 16,931
Wow, thanks for the response joker! I'll wait and see like you suggested.

Also, I forgot to tell you this, but thanks for all that you've done (and are doing). Before I found this massive review database I was always thinking to myself, "but how will I ever know how good *insert earphones* are in the big picture?". And you've surpassed my (and probably everyone else's) wildest dreams. To know that one person has gone to so much trouble to make such a great resource is just insane (in the best possible way).

beerchug.gif

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #6,137 of 16,931

Quote:
IjokerI, have you heard the Monster Trumpets? Supposely more balanced compared to the other Monster Pro products.

I have not.

Quote:
Thanks again! Im trying to find which sound style is for me, these terms like Dynamic, BA, etc... If Ill buy 2 earphones for opposite spectrums(maybe start at the $70 each more or less) so I can know where I belong, which? Spark and Ety MC3?

The MC3 isn't BA, just trying to sound like one. But yes, it'll be vastly different from something like the Spark.

Quote:
Wow, thanks for the response joker! I'll wait and see like you suggested.

Also, I forgot to tell you this, but thanks for all that you've done (and are doing). Before I found this massive review database I was always thinking to myself, "but how will I ever know how good *insert earphones* are in the big picture?". And you've surpassed my (and probably everyone else's) wildest dreams. To know that one person has gone to so much trouble to make such a great resource is just insane (in the best possible way).

Thanks. Keep in mind that the ultimate way to know how earphones fit in is to try them yourself. Hopefully all of the reviews here on Head-Fi can offer the next best thing, though
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #6,138 of 16,931

Quote:

I never recommend using higher-end units in environments where they can be damaged so from that perspective - yes. The SF3 is not the best-sounding thing in its price bracket so unless you are getting a hefty discount on the original price I would consider alternatives as well. The Brainwavz M1 I thought sounded a lot like the SF3 but is significantly cheaper at MSRP.

Thanks for the advice and yes, the only reason i suggested the super fi 3s was that i ended up getting them for £17 and i am going to find the accessories (i.e cleaning tool and case) quite handy for my dba-02! Thanks again, Sonny

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #6,140 of 16,931

Quote:

Thanks for the advice and yes, the only reason i suggested the super fi 3s was that i ended up getting them for £17 and i am going to find the accessories (i.e cleaning tool and case) quite handy for my dba-02! Thanks again, Sonny

That's a great deal - I actually quite like the sound of the SF3 (more so than that of the SF4), just not at the $129 MSRP.

Quote:
Just wondering, how does the UM miracle compare to the TF10 in quantity/quality of bass and highs?

The Miracle is generally more fleshed out (greater note thickness) and has better bass depth, texture, resolution, and detail. The TF10 has more of a mid-bass lift and may occasionally provide a bit more punch. At the top the Miracle is a little smoother although I've never really found the TF10 harsh or overly bright as some have in the context of its slightly v-shaped signature. 

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #6,141 of 16,931
Hey |joker| :)

Is there any top-tier universal that you would say is similar to the SE215 that offers improvements overall while retaining a similar signature? My two biggest concerns would be bass body and extension, and the rich, forward mids, while being slightly dark/without emphasized treble.

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #6,145 of 16,931

Quote:
joker, I'm just curious, but which IEM you have listened to have the widest soundstage ? Like from any price point. And how do they compare to headphones. Not that I am looking for one, just curious.

fixed.

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #6,147 of 16,931

Quote:
Hey |joker| :)

Is there any top-tier universal that you would say is similar to the SE215 that offers improvements overall while retaining a similar signature? My two biggest concerns would be bass body and extension, and the rich, forward mids, while being slightly dark/without emphasized treble.

I'd look at the MTPG/MDT, Radius DDM/DDM2, and maybe the FA Tandem and Earsonics SM2/SM3

Quote:
hey joker , i wanna ask what Iem below 500 usd do u recommend  that have punchier bass. thx

Punchier compared to what?

Quote:
joker, I'm just curious, but which IEM you have listened to have the widest IEM? Like from any price point. And how do they compare to headphones. Not that I am looking for one, just curious.

Probably the IE8 or Sony EX1000. There are definitely headphones that sound more closed-in than these two.

Quote:
Joker, I found the Spark at MacMall for $30, you said I should just pick vPulse for full remote function at $90. But with $30, its just too hard to pass eh?

That's a very good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back