Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 20, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #4,848 of 16,931
Nov 21, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #4,850 of 16,931

Quote:
Here's my take:
In terms of quantity yes, it has more midbass and subbass. I think the EX600's bass may be a tad tighter though. 

The EX600 is brighter, but it isn't too bright. The problem is a lower treble spike, the GR07 has the same issue but the EX600's seems more uneven. 

"Musical" is broad and is variable, I actually think a close to neutral presentation is musical so it's hard to say. I did predict a great appeal for the FXT90s due to their very aggressive, exiting signature and the appeal has surely turned out to be there. I think the EX600 is the more clinical one of the 3. The GR07 has a nice amount of bass that gives it a good amount of excitement, same for the treble to a lesser extent. 

Can you compare/contrast the signature of FXT90 and GR07 in terms of bass, mids and treble?
And, which has a  better three dimensional perception.
If you were listening to music with eyes closed, which phone would you feel you're at a live concert or being in the same space while the actual music is being produced ?

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #4,851 of 16,931
FXT90 has a more accentuated bass, warmer midrange with a bit less clarity and a more forward treble with good extension and sparkle (one of it's strenghts imo). 

GR07 is softer, more detailed and it's treble is a bit laid back apart from some upper midrange peaks. 

FXT90 is more 3D due to greater stage depth, the GR07 isn't completely lacking in depth though and it is wider. 

Too broad and subjective and honestly a pointless way to illustrate it imo. I can tell you that the GR07 is more true to the recording, while the FXT90 is surely more colored to sound more exiting and fun. 

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #4,852 of 16,931
This thread is like an out-of-control train hurtling toward a level crossing where it will soon intersect with an out-of-control school bus carrying sick children to a Xmas Party. I swear there have been over a hundred posts since Friday, and I dont know of any other thread that can make a similar claim .....

Having spent the weekend with the ZO2 and various cans, my gut feel is that the Hippo VB might be just a little too much of a 'good thing' with this gadget, so its back to the drawing board for my Dec purchase.

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #4,854 of 16,931

Quote:
FXT90 has a more accentuated bass, warmer midrange with a bit less clarity and a more forward treble with good extension and sparkle (one of it's strenghts imo). 

GR07 is softer, more detailed and it's treble is a bit laid back apart from some upper midrange peaks. 

FXT90 is more 3D due to greater stage depth, the GR07 isn't completely lacking in depth though and it is wider. 

Too broad and subjective and honestly a pointless way to illustrate it imo. I can tell you that the GR07 is more true to the recording, while the FXT90 is surely more colored to sound more exiting and fun. 

Looking further into a favorite armature: ATH-CK10 and FI-BA-A1. Balanced armatures offer more speed vs dynamic's bass?

You also thought FXT90 was one of your favorite dynamics.

After reviewing some posts on the RE272 and e-q5, many were very impressed with e-q5, especially at $250 and at a premium of $70 vs GR07, perhaps it's worth the money?

Nov 21, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #4,855 of 16,931
BAs do generally have better speed and imaging as well. Dynamics are slower but tend to have a more natural decay due to greater bass depth, there are many good BAs with good depth though. 

General worth is a hard thing to measure. There are many comparisons out there if interested on the a certain IEM, the GR07 review by ClieOS has some EQ-5 comparisons

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #4,856 of 16,931

Quote:
Hi ljokerl
Can you give me some sound comparison between westone 3 and UM Miracle? Especially, does vocal sound more laid back for Miracle?

Everything sounds more laid-back on the Miracle - it's not an aggressive earphone whereas the Westone 3 is. The difference in relative emphasis between bass, mids, treble is smaller, though. More bass depth on the Miracle, less of a mid-bass lift, flatter response overall. The Miracle is also smoother, thicker, warmer, more lush, much less strident at the top, and the soundstage is a lot more enveloping. Aside from balance and soundstage size, it's probably closer to the UM3X than the W3.

Quote:
This thread is like an out-of-control train hurtling toward a level crossing where it will soon intersect with an out-of-control school bus carrying sick children to a Xmas Party. I swear there have been over a hundred posts since Friday, and I dont know of any other thread that can make a similar claim .....

Well, let's just hope it doesn't all come to a screamin' halt one day

Nov 21, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #4,857 of 16,931
Joker

When will your review about the sba-03 be ready? I have 2 pairs of Sunrise Xcape IE of the moment but i will be sending them back. Do u have a first impression and how would u rate them?
Thanks in advance.

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #4,858 of 16,931
Quote:
Well, let's just hope it doesn't all come to a screamin' halt one day

Well, that obviously depends on your stamina, so let's hope you can keep a healthy mind and body. Tbo, sometimes I can't help but picture you doing some serious zen meditation in the morning, just to prepare for all those 'Joker, when will you review xyz' requests
wink.gif
  Anyway, best of luck to a (super)man with a mission, but don't forget there's nothing wrong about a train slowing down or even taking a break every now and then.
smile_phones.gif

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #4,859 of 16,931
Quote:
Well, that obviously depends on your stamina, so let's hope you can keep a healthy mind and body. Tbo, sometimes I can't help but picture you doing some serious zen meditation in the morning, just to prepare for all those 'Joker, when will you review xyz' requests
wink.gif
  Anyway, best of luck to a (super)man with a mission, but don't forget there's nothing wrong about a train slowing down or even taking a break every now and then.
smile_phones.gif

Well said. Even our ears need a well deserved break from time to time. That said, let's not forget, |joker| IS the Chuck Norris of Head-Fi. For instance, did you know that (much like Chuck Norris) |joker| can unscramble scrambled eggs? Crazy, right? 
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back