Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 15, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #4,171 of 16,931
I'm personally eyeing the XBA-1 and XBA-4 myself; the former for neutrality, and the latter for the super woofer
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #4,173 of 16,931
hey, at least sony is finally getting back into the game

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #4,175 of 16,931

Quote:

Lol Sony is smart.

They're using magnesium in the XBA-2, XBA-3, XBA-4 and liquid crystal in the XBA-1.

That means the people that instantly buy the XBA-4, will eventually buy the XBA-1 anyway out of curiosity, Sony has already given it a label of "Profound vocal sound".

The people that buy the XBA-1 thinking it's expensive enough already, will slowly become insatiably curious about the XBA-2, 3 and 4.

In the end Sony is making sure everyone buys at least two models to increase sales two-fold, and they sure released these all at a good time, the balanced armature IEM market is more lively than ever right now in 2011.

The XBA-3 is the one for me.

p.s. Why was my thread showing the movie about this deleted?

This is why I can't resist this.
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #4,177 of 16,931

Quote:
@Joker - You should take a listen of the new Brainwavz Beta's ~(the one with the comply tips standard) - I reckon they're a good contender for under $50 range
redface.gif
- I would send you mine but it would probably cost about the same in shipping there and back than an actual new pair
cool.gif

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/brainwavz-beta-iem-earphones-p-553.html

I'll see if I can get my hands on one when I have time.

Quote:
OMG!

I was expecting the SE215 review!!! Thanks joker!!!

So, I am not sure now :frowning2: What do you recommend guys, for a lounge, chillout, light electronic music listener and a little bit basshead? xD

SE215, CC51, or maybe Etymotic MC5? Or another model?

These three seems to compare in score, but what about my kind of music?

Can be risky to get the 215s form Amazon? Because I don't understand what is the defect that is discussed here.

I think its actually safest to get the SE215 on amazon (directly from amazon, that is) as you'd be covered by the warranty but personally I still wouldn't risk them at this point. If you're worried about longevity I'd go Beyer DTX 101 iE, otherwise maybe one of the Xears models or the Brainwavz M2. The MC5 definitely won't have enough bass for you and the CC51 might not have enough if you don't get a perfect seal. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #4,180 of 16,931
Thanks joker!

Just to inform, I come from a M6, CX300, CX280, bassy models AFAIK, but I am interested in getting a new pair about $100.

And about the Xears and Beyers, I haven't looked at them :S They doesn't look cool like other models (LOL)

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #4,181 of 16,931

Quote:
Thanks joker!

Just to inform, I come from a M6, CX300, CX280, bassy models AFAIK, but I am interested in getting a new pair about $100.

And about the Xears and Beyers, I haven't looked at them :S They doesn't look cool like other models (LOL)

The CX280 isn't really that bassy. If you think you'd be okay with just a bit less low end, the CC51 should work for you. Or the ECCI PR401 if you think it looks good.

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #4,182 of 16,931

Quote:

Lol Sony is smart.

They're using magnesium in the XBA-2, XBA-3, XBA-4 and liquid crystal in the XBA-1.

That means the people that instantly buy the XBA-4, will eventually buy the XBA-1 anyway out of curiosity, Sony has already given it a label of "Profound vocal sound".

The people that buy the XBA-1 thinking it's expensive enough already, will slowly become insatiably curious about the XBA-2, 3 and 4.

In the end Sony is making sure everyone buys at least two models to increase sales two-fold, and they sure released these all at a good time, the balanced armature IEM market is more lively than ever right now in 2011.

The XBA-3 is the one for me.

p.s. Why was my thread showing the movie about this deleted?

Curse you, Sony!
biggrin.gif
Hehe...my wallet grows ever thinner with such news!

Quote:
I'm personally eyeing the XBA-1 and XBA-4 myself; the former for neutrality, and the latter for the super woofer
wink.gif

I was thinking the same thing too, although budget may have the final say on how I go about that pruchase. Lets hope they dont price them in the EX1000 range.

Ps: Nice avatar!

Quote:
Here's the movie for the Sony XBA Series:

Niccceeeeeee

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #4,183 of 16,931
wow!!! I'm looking to buy an IEM to complement my HD 598 and SRH 940 cans and was looking around the forums for opinions on the best IEM but after stumbling on this thread I think I dont have to look further! good work to the OP!

Sep 16, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #4,184 of 16,931

Quote:
wow!!! I'm looking to buy an IEM to complement my HD 598 and SRH 940 cans and was looking around the forums for opinions on the best IEM but after stumbling on this thread I think I dont have to look further! good work to the OP!

best of luck, you'll need it
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back